Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP True Dual Exhaust-Need Help/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP True Dual Exhaust-Need Help/Advice

Ok I have a 2000 Z28 A4 with many bolt on and full exhaust set-up (Hooker LT's, 3inch Hooker ORY into a B&B Tri-Flow.) and I have been really looking into the Texas Speed Rumbler True Dual Exhaust Set-up(http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/cate...MID=1&catid=56) Why I am conidering this kit is I really like the look of a true dual exhaust dumped before the rear axle and really like the SOUND. I have heard MANY bad things about B&B exhuast that they have bad flow, weigh alot, etc..and I just dont like the look.

So I am sking to those that have this exhaust, How do you like it? How is the sound of it for a A4 car? What kind of performance changes would be made from changing from my B&B? Etc....
Old 11-09-2009, 03:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The think I might want to ask if I was you, is how do you like the clearance? I had that system on my 98 T/A with LT's and my clearance suck. But some people say they can tuck them pretty good but that's the issue with most people. I hated it I would scrape and drag on somethings no matter how good I cut it or how slow I went. To me if you like driving your car I wouldn't put them on there. I got to the point I kinda stopped driving the car cause I got tired of fighting with it. You need to search and read up on True duals or duals and clearance I'm sure you can find something about it to get your own opinion.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZuoTQj441g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1zk-...eature=channel
Old 11-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Launching!

My car is still at stock height and not lowered. Could I still run into clearance issues??
Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

no not really. mine is stock hieght and the only time i ever scape is over really rediculous ****. but the tsp system is so beefy that ive found u cant really hurt it. plus if u have tail pipes fabbed up for it you really wont have to worry about ****. even if its lowered.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

on a bolt on car....performance is going to be negligable...

on a cammed or h/c car...you could easily see 10hp in the upper rpm...depending on exactly how restrictive you current setup is (both the ypipe and catback itself).

i don't have the TSP setup, but i built mine similar, running magnaflow 4x9 mufflers behind my cammed engine.
sound is VERY nice, mellow around town and cruising but really an eye-opener when you crack the loud pedal.

clearance for me is pretty good, but the mufflers hang low due to size.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

my TA is lowered and i have it. I hit on big speed bumps and huge pot holes but nothing ridiculous. im actually trading my setup for an ORY and magnaflow catback. the TD's were on the car when i bought it and ive always felt that TD's are for camaro's and catbacks need to be on TA's b/c of the rear bumper. lol, besides, if you get a TD setup, i hope you dont mind a lot of noise in the car. its loud in my car but sounds great at WOT. good luck and your decision
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Teching In

yeah dude mine sound great a have a a4 cam in mine and its super loud but i'm thinking about going with stock stuff and just put cut-outs on it ......
Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the TSP true duals with bullets and love it. If you spend the time, and use a jack to help you, you can get it to tuck up. I took my tunnel brace off, and i also flipped my fuel line brackets upside down ( do a search on here, there is a pretty good write up on it) I assembled it loosely and used my jack to softly push the tubing up toward the frame, and then tightened the clamps to set the exhaust in place. I really only have one low spot right under the drivers side, and then the turn downs are kind of low as well.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by STREET99
My car is still at stock height and not lowered. Could I still run into clearance issues??
My T/A was at stock height with 17" rims on it with 245/45zr17 wheels and it was to much of a hassle to enjoy when your trying to aviod everything and wondering if you are or aren't going to scrape and don't have people in the backseat that= dragging going up a hill. But this is just my Opinion and I know alot of dual guys will tell you don't worry about it or what not. But If you can make them Tuck real good then I don't think it will be bad but if not you may not like it.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

yeah see i love extremely loud exhaust, so i don't mind the noise inside the car. also i plan on keeping mine stock ride height. at least until i have it run out the back. my car is cammed + bolt ons and makes gobs of power and torque. @ 375/370 with the TSP 224r w/ patriat dual springs and other little crap. i plan bolting on even more goodies in the future so the 3" system is workin out good for me.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed my Hooker LTs and the Texas Speed true duals with Dynomax bullets and I love it. Im lowered so my clearance went down the dumps. I think I might take it to a shop and see if they can tweak it.

On the freeway crusing at 75 Im turning about 2200 RPMs (automatic) and I have less drone then with the stock exhaust and cut-out
Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

I have TSP TD on my car. Stock height and 17" rims. I have no clearance issues and if I ever bottom out its a crazy incline. There is also a lot of room to tuck it up more than I have it. An exhaust shop could probably get it really tucked up.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have the TD's and love it. Car is at stock height and have no problems going over speed bumps. Even my driveway has a huge drop off that i can go backwards or forwards with no issues. I tucked mine up pretty tight though with the lowest point being the tips of the bullets. I have heard that UMI sellls a torque arm that will allow you to tuck the TD's up even tighter than stock one. may want to check into this also....

Quick Reply: TSP True Dual Exhaust-Need Help/Advice