New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

Shreveport louisiana anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Shreveport louisiana anyone??

Looks like we will moving there in april @ barksdale AFB Any info on the area will help thanks?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
Looks like we will moving there in april @ barksdale AFB Any info on the area will help thanks?
I'm from there. It's a nice area and the base is really nice. They seem to have money going into barksdale b/c they have new housing, new dorms, new BX/BXTRA, new commissary, new clinic after all the rennovations, etc. The base is actually in Bossier City, LA. They have plenty of nice housing right down the street from BAFB off of Barksdale BLVD. New neighborhoods, new apartment complexes, etc. Directly across the bridge in front of BAFB is Shreveport. Shreveport is nice as well depending on where you decide to live but i would choose the Bossier side. Let crime and more convenient. Let us know how it goes. I'm currently stationed at LRAFB.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah we were at whiteman AFB and bought a house and got lucky and sold the house in 2 months. I think Were going to be looking into renting a house or staying in base housing. Were looking to spend $800-$1000 rent can you get a nice place there for that with a garage?
Old 11-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Teching In

yeah we were at whiteman AFB and bought a house and got lucky and sold the house in 2 months. I think Were going to be looking into renting a house or staying in base housing. Were looking to spend $800-$1000 rent can you get a nice place there for that with a garage?
If you have $800 - $1000 for rent, you'll be just fine, A good thing about the area is that the cost of living isn't too high. They even have new housing on base if that's what you're interested in. Good luck with the move and new base!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

hey man, im trying to move to shreveport myself, i was raised in the area, theres a place in shreveport we all meet up at on fri and sat nights to shoot the **** and do a lil racing
Old 11-15-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool my car isnt nothing to special just true DD 125,000mile and a mid 11 sec cam only car, but i plain on doing 9" next and 370ci custom turbo setup. Here are a few pics of it.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I got a 9" for sale. PM me if your interested.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

im looking for one narrowed 3" on each side and i already have a center section
Old 11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Teching In

i know somebody that has one that in narrow, not sure how much it is narrowd,but i will check and lat you know
Old 11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

cool
Old 11-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Teching In

he sold the rear end........ sorry
Old 11-26-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

its cool i was going to get the midwest
Old 11-28-2009, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

Just what we need is another wide sunoco hood car running around I live about 45 minutes north of you so you won't see my car unless im in town or at the track. Nice looking car you have their,your live video of your hood sold me on buying one.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

LOL cool deal man! Whats the track like? I thought i saw a track 15 miles of base??
Old 11-28-2009, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

LOL cool deal man! Whats the track like? I thought i saw a track 15 miles of base??
The track is www.thunderroadracewaypark.com, you can go to the site and check things out.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:28 AM
10 Second Club

The track is very nice and clean. The actual track manager and officials suck ***! If the owners don't do some radical over the winter it will close for good.

I think it was a major mistake for them to shutdown the winter saturday races. Anyone of you shreveport guys know why? I have been told that if TRR does not match the guranteed purse that prescott is offering they will not come back to TRR. I hope they do make a big turn around so that i can have two tracks to race at,TRR is the closer of the two for me.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

My plans when im there is to build a 370ci, l92 headed motor and then build me a turbo kit
Old 11-29-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

They had to close early for the winter because they got rid of their track manager Sam Harvey and they haven't hired a replacement for him yet. I know he pissed a bunch of people off the first night they reopened and almost all of them have not been back. Go check out their site and post up some ideas. They're actually asking for input from the racers for the first time ever. I do agree, if they don't start treating people better it will be closed again and the next time will probably be forever
Old 11-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Teching In

sam done good jod for the most part,, there are some things that could have been done diff. but nobody is perfect. running a track is harder then you think it is.........its not just let you come to the line and say go. there are certain times you let let certain classes go,, not just line em all up and say race......there was a lot down time that could have been changed, down time is what pissed people off and then they would take off like a bat out of hell,, and that was some of the things sam was trying to change due to the fact that there are kids running around and playing and if the that drives like hell speeds through the pits and hits somebody or something then that would cost the track a lot not to mention it would make the track unsafe for any body. so there are alot of good things that sam done for the track and there are some things he could have done diff. but like i said it harder then you think............and the track is looking for a new manager.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

I've been racing a long time and it's not that hard to make the track survive if you treat your racers right. He screwed over guys that use to race there every weekend before it closed the first time(like myself) on opening night when he posted on their site that if you didn't get to make any runs just bring your tech card back the next week and it would be taken care of. Then when all these people showed up the next weekend they were turned away. I know of at least 4 people that said they were done with the place until Sam was gone.
I will say the track itself was taken much better care of with those guys running it vs everyone thats ran it since the beginning. Hopefully they'll get someone that really knows how to deal with people

Quick Reply: Shreveport louisiana anyone??