Sponsored by: DashLynx

GAUGING INTERESTS-mail order upholstery

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GAUGING INTERESTS-mail order upholstery

hey i was wanting to gauge some interest:
ok first off im not selling anything at the moment nor plan to on this forum until i or if i became a sponsor....all im doing is tryin to see if there would be a market in this for the fbody guys-- SO PLEASE MODS DONT FREAK OUT ON ME PLEASE

so i know that the seats in these cars whether a 95 or even some 01s is beginning to show wear or destroyed
so i am going to offer a reasonable solution that has some custom options without breaking the bank...i have seen many kits out there and they are all priced way to high in my opinion

so heres my plan however i would not need you to actually send your seats in i am trying to find some good patterns...but if u could pull off your cover and send it to me i can gurantee u a better fit.....one of the big debates in the earlier post was the french seam which i was gonna leave out to save the consumer money.....but i just found a nice durkop adler high post double needle that will allow me to do the french seam on a finished cover in 5min or less

before i start this up because a thread from earlier this year sparks a couple mails a month i need to know a couple of things.
how many people would be interested in these?
what options would u want?
what colors would i need to make these in?
and what do u the consumer think is a fair shipped price?
Old 11-15-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They would have to be comparable to a quality job from an good upholstery shop, and probably be the same price or cheaper (shipping might be the issue). What kind of custom options would you be offering?
Old 11-15-2009, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TireSm0ke
They would have to be comparable to a quality job from an good upholstery shop, and probably be the same price or cheaper (shipping might be the issue). What kind of custom options would you be offering?
that would be no problem considering i do upholstery work lol and are nowhere as difficult as the chevy truck seats that not only have i done but redesigned

shipping just the cover is all i would need its a no brainer to install the seat covers...steam helps but can be done without on a hot day

piping, different inserts and such if i can find the people i use to use for embroidery i will offer that to but im not dropping 10k on an embroidery machine so u can have trans am on your headrest lol
Old 11-15-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ebony/black leather/vinyl seats with red inserts. What would that run... roughly?
Old 11-15-2009, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

hell you thought about doing door panels as well?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
hell you thought about doing door panels as well?
^^ i was thinking the same thing. i would definately be interested in both the covers and door panels
Old 11-15-2009, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

def intereseted pending pricing of course
Old 11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Sent a PM
Old 11-15-2009, 05:46 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Interested in covers for my. Nuetral beige int.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

ill have to actually take a look at the firebird door panels but im pretty sure there close to fbody door panels.... so yes........ im gonna offer door panels to match the easiest way to do this is to send me your original seat covers and door panels because i will have to take apart and reweld the door back together then reinstall the rubber window molding which is installed with big staples

as far as different colors unless its something exotic the price is gonna be close to the same im gonna go find the tan and black offered in the camaros and keep that in stock anything else i will order in

did these just come in black and tan i dont recall seing any other seat colors

Quick Reply: GAUGING INTERESTS-mail order upholstery