Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ground Clearence

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ground Clearence

My T/A has a set of eibach lowering springs on it.Lowering it an inch or so.I have a set of kooks LT headers i want to put on.I live in a development and it has angled curbing that I have to back over.Am I going to have any problems with ground clearence?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I also have Kooks LTs but not lowered. I'm running the Kooks y-pipe with high flow cats, and that is what scrapes. It only scrapes sometimes and I can usually avoid it if I go in at an angle but if you aren't running cats I don't see any problems. The Kooks headers themselves have very good fitment.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Like mentioned above the KOOKS Headers are on of the best fitting headers/exhaust systems they have to offer! They stay tight and snug to the body. The problem is your lowering springs and you said they are Eibach's...depending on if they are the pro kit or sport-lines (really aggressive spring rate). The pro kit is more forgiving and as long as you take it slow over bumps you should be ok. That's just my opinion for you and if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 11-17-2009, 07:30 AM
TECH Addict

i scrape on everything and anything. mostly due to the shitty job the shop did when installing my LTs and TSP catted Y. when it was installed, i was still at stock height. after i lowered it, i saw what a terrible job they did. the cats are way too low, and even the 02 sensors are angled looking down, further decreasing my clearance. not to mention the welds they did looks like birdshit, and even missed a band clamp altogether.

what you may look into, if you havent already, is keeping the rear spring isolator. it doesnt affect handling, but gives you that extra .5 to .75 inch lift in the rear that may help just enough.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

I just got Lts and the new TSP catted y. I have clearance issues with the y-pipe as well. The LTs would not be an issue at all if I lowered my car but the y-pipe (mainly the cats) scrape and I'm still at stock ride height. I even tucked the y pipe right up to the floorboard to the point that it bangs on it so that I would give myself the most clearance possible. I have the new designed TSP y-pipe. I've seen a car with Kooks Lts and an ory pipe and the clearance looked 10x better. I'm going to have to get a custom fabbed y when I decide to lower. I've also heard that American racing's y-pipes fit really well with their headers too.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

i have a eibach lowered f-body with some pacesetter long tubes and ory.. i tend to scrape... so i say just be careful with your combo.. i actually want to put on 18's in the front with a bigger sidewall to help me out..
Old 11-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all your help.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would say most likely you will scrape quite a bit. scraping on stock exhaust ain't no biggy. scraping up your $1,000 exhaust system is a bit more aggravating.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i would say most likely you will scrape quite a bit. scraping on stock exhaust ain't no biggy. scraping up your $1,000 exhaust system is a bit more aggravating.
I hear ya!