Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Edelbrock Torque arms???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock Torque arms???

I am looking for a new torque arm for my 2000 Camaro SS. It is a 6 speed car and i just got thru destroying my 3rd torque arm so i am breaking down and buying a new one. It is an M6 car with heads and small cam, doesnt go to the track much anymore and when it does go back my new motor will be in. I am wanting something cheaper to make it driveable til i get my motor done and finish up the suspension. A buddy told me about the edelbrock ones, said he had one on his car, and it seemed really strong, but his car is stock. Anybody using one or know anything about them? I have looked at BMR and UMI also but they are both about 50-100 bux cheaper, just wanting to cut back as much as possible. Any suggestions?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get UMI or BMR. Edelbrock is flimsy compared to these.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

The UMI torque arm is a built out of larger and heavier wall tubing, the mounting plates are also machine from much thicker steel. This makes an excellent item for both the street and any track use. We offer both an adjustable and non-adjustable stock replacement... once you install it you won't have to worry about replacing it

www.umiperformance.com/2205

www.umiperformance.com/2206

If you have any questions regarding our items or our torque arm please ask and I will be glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 11-23-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cumbias
Get UMI or BMR. Edelbrock is flimsy compared to these.
Not to knock Edelbrocks quality, but I have heard the same thing.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:32 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

the experts seem to agree - the edelbrock is flimsy.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:06 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Just to give you another option to consider. Our torque arms are some of the strongest on the market with the results to back it up. Our full length arms are made from 1.25" x .120 wall dom steel with 1/4" mounting plates. We also offer two shorter versions for the more serious race car. also something else to consider if you go with a full length arm is a torque arm relocation bracket. It will give you some added adjustment for the torque arm and also save the transmission tail shaft from breaking. If you have any questions please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-23-2009, 03:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I sell Edelbrock.... and UMI, and SLP. I'd recommend UMI for a number of reasons.

1. SLP is overpriced
2. Edelbrock is not as strong (but better than older versions).
3. UMI has both the adjustable *and* non-adjustable versions and the pricing is right.
4. I use UMI on my car.

Since we're talking options here, and I'm the only vendor who's chimed in who has more than one brand to offer.....

http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...=106&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

most of the problems with edelbrock torque arms are with the adjustable ones. i picked up a non-adjustable one for $50 just because of the price. wanted to see the quality of it after hearing so many negatives. overall it's definitely better than stock. no way on earth i'm gonna break it at my power level.

if you can though, just save up and get a better one. nothing worse than having to buy parts twice.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's another one for the experts,
my car is lowered quite a bit with adjustable coil- overs, however I haven't experienced any adverse effects from the pinion angle probrably due to the power of the car or lack there of.

Can you explain what the benefits would be to go to an adjustable torque arm?
Do they hang down any lower than stock and which one tucks up the highest?
Would I need the relocation bracket?
Old 11-23-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't waste your money on the edelbroke stuff. I brought the adjustable TA and it snapped near the pinion adjuster. Check out the sponsors here BMR, UMI...I have parts from both and there great!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftR
Here's another one for the experts,
my car is lowered quite a bit with adjustable coil- overs, however I haven't experienced any adverse effects from the pinion angle probrably due to the power of the car or lack there of.

Can you explain what the benefits would be to go to an adjustable torque arm?
Do they hang down any lower than stock and which one tucks up the highest?
Would I need the relocation bracket?
Lowering a car with out changing suspension items won't lead to any adverse effects other than more tire spin. When you lower the vehicle it places the drive line in a positive angle and this usually leads to more tire wheel during take off, also more chance of the car breaking loose during shifts. If you are experiencing this and want to get rid of it I do recommend an adjustable torque arm for you. Also the relocation brackets are an excellent upgrade as well on a lowered car. These two items together will rid almost any tire spin you may be experiencing now.

Our torque arm tucks up extremely well and does not reduce any ground clearance. Here is the item I would recommend for you- www.umiperformance.com/2205

If you have any questions please ask and I will be glad to help. Thank you,
Ryan
Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thankyou for the insight, great pics... looks like a nice piece. Unfortunately, I'm not having a problem with wheelspin, It's usually a welcome thing!

When my 10 bolt takes a dump on me, or I figure out how to do an LS2 swap I'll be throwing whatever I can at it!
*Sorry for the thread hijack! ~DriftR

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Torque arms???