LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP got crunched

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GXP got crunched

Fortunately, not totalled, but out of commission for a bit.

Sitting at a stoplight waiting for light to turn. Some girl did not pay attention and ran into the car behind me which then hit me which pushed me into the trailer hitch of the Expedition in front of me.

Front and rear bumpers have to be redone. Oil and trans coolers are being pulled off to inspect.

At least no one was hurt and car should be back on the road soon. (I hope).
Old 11-24-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear that....pics?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Launching!

I think I have some at home. Will try to get some today (bumpers are off now though).
Old 11-24-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pictures, insuracne companies, and keep in mind there is always more damage when we tear a car apart, what the layment eye see to be just a bumper, turns out to be 3,000 worth of damage

so pics, insuracne companies
Old 11-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bdyman
pictures, insuracne companies, and keep in mind there is always more damage when we tear a car apart, what the layment eye see to be just a bumper, turns out to be 3,000 worth of damage

so pics, insuracne companies
I couldn't agree more... I've been involved in both sides of the auto body business... I was a painter and chassis man in a body shop and now I work for an insurance company... there's always some type of inertia driven damage that is not visible on first inspection... check your cooling system.. and have the shop check the rear for buckling of the rear body panel and quarter panels, let alone the bumper absorber and reinforcment ... a tram gauge is helpful for this for the front and rear to see if the unibody is out of alignment... in any case... sorry to hear about the accident... hope you get her back on the road quickly...
Old 11-24-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Glad your ok.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:56 AM

I just got mine back two weeks ago. My neighbor side swiped the hell out the monte with his chevy tahoe. $6,800 of damage, but now it looks better than it could fresh off the assembly line. My neighbor doesn't know it but he paid for a $500 detail, haha. The seats soaked in conditioner overnight, the entire engine was scrubbed and Armor-Alled, the whole shabang! My advice to you is get to fixing it as soon as possible, it keeps your mind at ease.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Launching!

Insurance already left a check for $2400 to start with (the inferno hood needs to be repainted, got chipped in the accident).

Shop guy is great and will definitely look out for me on this. I am not looking to screw anyone over, i just want the car back to what it was. Had it for 4 years now and just tripped 20.5k miles (thank you living close to work).
Old 11-25-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok like i said lets see pics, and the insuracne company
Old 11-28-2009, 09:39 PM

Damn...I live only a short drive from work and have still managed to put 47,xxx miles on it in a little over 2 years of owning it. Last year, on the way home from a friend's I apparently was following behind a mini-van a little too closely and didn't have time to maneuver out of the way of a rather large traffic cone that way shot out from under the van. Upon pulling over, getting out a flashlight, my nerves were relieved to see that only the front license plate bracket had been partially broken off (I had to re-rivet it for the fix) and a little crack on the lower part of the air dam. In a WS6 T/A Conv I use to own, however, I was minding my own business, patiently waiting in traffic at a light and was rear-ended by a car that was going about 40 miles an hour. My mood was seriously altered and thought the car was totaled; however, the insurance company thought otherwise and after the $11,xxx in repairs I traded-in the T/A for a different car. I feel for ya.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok see right there, thats what im talking about, i`ll bet you didnt have state farm, sounds like allstate, geigo, farmers, liberty mutal, progressive, one of them that would make us fix a car like that

if its totaled let it be totaled, do us techs a favor lol please lol