Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of codes bothering me

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of codes bothering me

Well, My car hasnt been running right since it was down for 2 months without a rear end. After i installed the rearend, it seemed slow, even for 4.10 gears. I didnt have any lights on my dash that showed that i had any codes. But i was curious. I went to scan it and found 11 codes. A few of them were no suprise like the EGR and skip shift. But some others popped up as well.

1. p0102 - MAF or VAFA curcuit low input
2. p0141 - o2 sensor heater Curcuit Malfunction Bank 1 sensor 2
3. p0155 - o2 sensor heater Curcuit Malfunction Bank 2 sensor 1
4. p0161 - o2 sensor heater Curcuit Malfunction Bank 2 sensor 2
5. didnt right down number but it was another o2 bank 1 sensor 1

Now I only have 2 o2 sensors. They are the ones on the my Long tube's. I dont have the others bc i have an ORY. Is it fine to run with just the front o2's or should i do something to get the rest? I can get these fixed no problem and i know if the o2's are bad that it would cause my car to run like **** so i figured that would be part of the problem for my car to be running so slow.

The real problem i am having is the first code. The MAF or VAFA code. I tried using 2 other mass air flow's but nothing changed. I even unplugged it while the car was running to see if it changed how it idle'd. Nothing changed. How do i fix this first code. I have no intake mods except for my lid and EGR delete. I even have a paper filter. Its not de-screened or anything. It's untouched. Is there something i am missing or what? What do i need to do to get my car running the way it should.

Any advice would be awesome!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MAF is failed, it is running in speed density and most likely open loop. There is a fuse that supplies power to the MAF and to the O2 heaters. I would say it's a likely culprit. I forget the labeling of the fuse, but you don't have that many, so just look through them.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Launching!

well, i checked all the the fuses i have. nothing has changed. Any idea what else could be causing the problems?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:18 PM
FormerVendor

you checked the fuses in the dash and under the hood? Unplug your MAF, turn your key to run (not start) and measure the 3 wires that feed the MAF with a DMM. One of them should be +12, but I bet it's not.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

It's the 'ENG SEN' fuse under the hood. It sound like something is wrong with that circuit fuse or wires one.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frost
MAF is failed, it is running in speed density and most likely open loop. There is a fuse that supplies power to the MAF and to the O2 heaters. I would say it's a likely culprit. I forget the labeling of the fuse, but you don't have that many, so just look through them.
your codes 2-6 arent your problem.

Frost is right. The big red flag is your MAF.

If you disconnected the MAF recently, also check to see if one of your male end pins didnt bend when reconnecting.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Ill have to wait until tomorrow to check everything. I havent been on lately so i havent really had a chance to mess with the car either. Ill let you know what i find out tomrrow morning.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
It's the 'ENG SEN' fuse under the hood. It sound like something is wrong with that circuit fuse or wires one.
I just replaced that fuse bc it blew out. It fixed my reverse lockout but thats it.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:35 AM
FormerVendor

No trust me, it does a lot more than that...
Old 12-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Just an update...i havent been able to find the problem..im just gonna take it to a tuner and have them trace it down i guess. All fuses are good and all wires APPEAR good. Still throwing the codes though.