Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Performance Spherical Roto-Joint Released w/ 20% Off!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 03:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default UMI Performance Spherical Roto-Joint Released w/ 20% Off!

Hello Everyone,

This is the official release of our Roto-Joint spherical bushing. The Roto-Joint is now offered in many of our popular items with more being added in the future. Please click on the banner below for more information regarding the Roto-Joint. Thank you

Rear Lower Control Arms w/ Roto-Joint-

#2033- Non-Adjustable, Poly/Roto-Joint Combination
#2034- Non-Adjustable, Dual Roto-Joints
#2035- Double Adjustable w/ Roto-Joints

Panhard Bars w/ Roto-Joint-

#2036- Single Adjustable w/ Roto-Joint

#2037- On-Car Adjustable w/ Roto-Joint
#2038- Double Adjustable w/ Roto-Joint

Panhard bar/Control Arm Kits-

#203336- Non-Adj LCA w/ Single Adj Panhard bar
#203337- Non-Adj LCA w/ On car Adj Panhard bar
#203438- Non-Adj LCA w/ Double Adj Panhard bar
#203528- Double Adj LCA and Panhard bar

Replacement Ends- These ends will replaces 3/4"-16 Threaded Rod Ends

#0011- Right hand for lower control arms
#0011L- Left hand for lower control arms
#0017- Right hand for panhard bar
#0017L- Left hand for panhard bar

All Roto-Joint products are 20% off until Monday November 30th!

Click on the banner for more information regarding the Roto-Joint

Old 11-26-2009, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where would these be most useful? rear LCA's or panhard bar? I'm wondering if it is worth upgrading my poly/poly Lakewood LCA's.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

Will the roto-joint be available as replacement ends for the rear rod-ends on the UMI front lower control arms?
Old 11-27-2009, 07:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86
Where would these be most useful? rear LCA's or panhard bar? I'm wondering if it is worth upgrading my poly/poly Lakewood LCA's.
Hello
Yes they are going to to hold up a lot longer than a rod end but give you a better ride quality and still allow you to have articulation and eliminate any binding issues. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...v410a4s8rp5f52
Thanks
Brad

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Will the roto-joint be available as replacement ends for the rear rod-ends on the UMI front lower control arms?
Hello
Yes we do offer them as a replacement option. Below is a link to show you what all we have to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...v410a4s8rp5f52

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 11-27-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Is there a reason why there is not an adjustable poly/roto LCA like there is with a poly/rod? Just noticed that was the only combo missing and it seemed kind of odd.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:57 PM
FormerVendor

We haven't got all the items with Roto-Joints listed on the site yet. This is available and will be up shortly.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 11-27-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Great. Thanks for the quick response
Old 11-27-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

whats exactly the pro/con's to the roto joint setup compared the the standard bearings? Will these eliminate the clunking when turning from my poly non-adj lca's??? Also which are better for drag racing?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2009, 05:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is it that all the products containing roto-joints are available to place the order online, but the roto-joint replacement ends by themselves just say "coming soon", and it won't let you place the order?
Old 11-28-2009, 06:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fbodyman1026
whats exactly the pro/con's to the roto joint setup compared the the standard bearings? Will these eliminate the clunking when turning from my poly non-adj lca's??? Also which are better for drag racing?

Thanks
Hello, Thanks for the interest

The Roto-Joint features a delrin race inside. The delrin is a hard material with high wear resistance. As a car launches the delrin will not deflect like a rubber or polyurethane bushings, deflection can lead to wheel hop and traction issues. Inside the Roto-Joint the delrin bushing lines a machined spherical ball, this ball rotates in the delrin and allows the suspension to articulate correct, this is what prevents suspension bind. The Roto-Joint is an all around great solution with minimal con's. One of the only negatives it has is since the delrin does not deflect it will not be a as soft as a rubber bushing. However the delrin does absorb most shock and is very comparable to a polyurethane bushing for ride quality making it excellent for the street. These will also be fine for drag racing and work virtually like a solid bushing conrol arm.

As for your clunking, polyurethane bushings should cause any clunking. There are two things I can think of- 1. A loose bolt or 2. A bad bushing. Other than that poly bushings are street friendly.

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
why is it that all the products containing roto-joints are available to place the order online, but the roto-joint replacement ends by themselves just say "coming soon", and it won't let you place the order?
Sorry about that, got it fixed and you should be good now.

Anything else let me know. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 11-28-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you going to offer an adjustable poly/Roto joint LCA?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Hardtop

See post #5 and #6
Old 11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hardtop
well, since roto-joints are supposed to lessen the amount of deflection like rod-ends, while still being very quiet for daily driving, why not just get these and enjoy the extra articulation that they would provide? not to mention they would be much easier to adjust while installed, as you wouldn't need to remove one end to adjust them. if i didn't already have poly/rod LCA's from them, that's the route i would go, personally.....

Last edited by 02Z28LS1; 11-28-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:46 AM
TECH Regular

so the difference between 2034 and 2035 is one is adjustable and one is not, but both come with the new roto joints on both ends? and they are the same price for non-adjustable and double adjustable?

when would you recommend an offset bushing?

when you would recommend an adjustable version versus a non-adj? just wondering cause i do plan to upgrade to larger rearend at some point.

as a point of reference, my car's mods are listed in my sig.

thanks
tony

Last edited by vatechguy3; 11-30-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
well, since roto-joints are supposed to lessen the amount of deflection like rod-ends, while still being very quiet for daily driving, why not just get these and enjoy the extra articulation that they would provide? not to mention they would be much easier to adjust while installed, as you wouldn't need to remove one end to adjust them. if i didn't already have poly/rod LCA's from them, that's the route i would go, personally.....
I think the adjustable poly/Roto Joint will work better for my setup. I'm trying to keep the ride quality as close to stock as possible.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Roto Joint torque arm?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vatechguy3
so the difference between 2034 and 2035 is one is adjustable and one is not, but both come with the new roto joints on both ends? and they are the same price for non-adjustable and double adjustable?

when would you recommend an offset bushing?

when you would recommend an adjustable version versus a non-adj? just wondering cause i do plan to upgrade to larger rearend at some point.

as a point of reference, my car's mods are listed in my sig.

thanks
tony
Hello Tony
Thanks for the interest in UMI Performance! Yes the difference is between the two like shown on our site is part 2034 is non adjustable and 2035 is adjustable. And anytime we recommend going with a offset bushing is when you are planning on running a bigger rear tire to give you more tire clearance. And I would suggest if you are using a aftermarket rear end or like mentioned before a bigger tire in the rear they will allow you center the rear in the wheel well and give you maximum tuning capability of the suspension. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Originally Posted by Blevinator
Roto Joint torque arm?
We are talking about it! But at this point I am not able to give you a exact time frame on when they will be available. Sorry for any inconvenience. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

has anyone tried these. I had rod ended phr and lca's before and i hated it. too loud for me. clunks drive me nuts(i know i shouldnt drive a camaro). What is the noise level (in terms of clunks and rattles)?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Which would you recommend for a street car? Is the best choice to get double adjustable for both?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Just got mine today, but won't get a chance to use them until the winter is over

Quick Reply: UMI Performance Spherical Roto-Joint Released w/ 20% Off!