Inventors come on in!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Inventors come on in!!

I have an idea for an engine...
I call it the Aircharger System
You take an engine and eliminate all the intake and intake valvetrain and just leave the exhaust valvetrain, this will preserve horsepower and torque because of less moving parts and less wear and friction...
bare with me here.
You then install special custom heads with direct injectors and also custom fit with air mac valves directly ported into the cumbustion chamber
on the intake stroke the computer will spray fuel, and at the same time a calculated amount of air, either separate or a specially designed injector that automizes and sprays both
this will increase compression and the computer can calculate the perfect stoichometric ratio with is about 14.7:1 air to gas
this allows for a higher boost/compression, less moving parts, better fuel ecomony, less parts, and less use of engine power to "suck" fuel and air in.

Anyone understand any of this and have any opinions.
Just a thought I came up with and would love to see this built/explored
Edit: this thread is also if you have any ideas to improve engine efficiency or boost performance in any kind of way to simplify the current design

Last edited by flatblackz; 12-08-2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: misspelled bare lol
Old 12-02-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could probably sell this in some kind of multi-level marketing system.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

lol If it works, millions will be made
I sent it to GM inventions
Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

I invented the snuggie.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

LOL
anyone else have inventions? or opinions on mine
Old 12-02-2009, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Well its not a bad idea, but you need to compress the air to a huge amount i.e. 20,000psi like the fuel...and the exhaust will be a mess to rig up for timing so you keep the perfect ratio considering most valve events overlap each other to some extent. Also you need to keep up constant pressure with the air injector otherwise you would get a vacuum and you would not get any air out of the cc.

Now I'm not trying to ruin your idea...it is plausible, but its not feasible. There are a few things to take into account. Moving parts/# of parts because you need to compress the air, the amount of energy needed to compress the air, how complicated the parts are i.e. for ease of assembly, and finally stress on parts/ this will really stress parts. So in fact it may just be cheaper to stick with the general system in place right now.

Last edited by 00fastta; 12-02-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: added to it
Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by flatblackz
I have an idea for an engine...
I call it the Aircharger System
You take an engine and eliminate all the intake and intake valvetrain and just leave the exhaust valvetrain, this will preserve horsepower and torque because of less moving parts and less wear and friction...
bare with me here.
You then install special custom heads with direct injectors and also custom fit with air mac valves directly ported into the cumbustion chamber
on the intake stroke the computer will spray fuel, and at the same time a calculated amount of air, either separate or a specially designed injector that automizes and sprays both
this will increase compression and the computer can calculate the perfect stoichometric ratio with is about 14.7:1 air to gas
this allows for a higher boost/compression, less moving parts, better fuel ecomony, less parts, and less use of engine power to "suck" fuel and air in.

Anyone understand any of this and have any opinions.
Just a thought I came up with and would love to see this built/explored
Interesting idea. But I think you achieve most of the benefits by sticking with a regular ICE and fitting it with independent throttle bodies which is somewhat common, but then using independent MAF's. You would then know exactly how much air is drawn into the cylinder, or forced in with turbo and supercharged applications. Plus add a direct injection fuel Injector, audi and some other automakers are currently building cars with direct injection. This still leaves your valve train untouched however, but it's getting close to your idea.

I'm not sure what an air mac valve is, but guessing it's similar to a huge nitrous solenoid.....

I might be spreading rumors, but don't F1 cars use solenoid operated valves? That would be the ticket, essentially a electromagnet in place of your valve spring. You could kiss your cam, lifters, pushrods and rocker arms goodbye. Pretty amazing when you think about it, you could change your valve lift and duration and your valve event timing (v-tec just kicked in!!) with a tune. There would be no give and take similar to putting in a big cam shaft, set the tune for small lift and duration in the lower RPM's and open it up to huge lift and duration at the higher rpms....
Old 12-02-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you have a patentable idea you shouldn't share it on a public forum before you have at least a patent pending.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Doesnt an engine use vaccume to operate? What about controlling valve lift using the engines own vaccum? Right as the piston reaches top dead center and begins to go down on the intake stroke, have a release mechanism at the top of the valve release the valve then have another part stop the valve for the desired "lift". As for the exhaust part goes, same concept, except let it be controlled after the power stroke.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm currently inventing a time machine so I can go back to 1982.

Back in 82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

Last edited by -Ross-; 12-02-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by InsomZ
if you have a patentable idea you shouldn't share it on a public forum before you have at least a patent pending.
The movie "Flash of Genius" comes to mind
Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GulfM3
Interesting idea. But I think you achieve most of the benefits by sticking with a regular ICE and fitting it with independent throttle bodies which is somewhat common, but then using independent MAF's. You would then know exactly how much air is drawn into the cylinder, or forced in with turbo and supercharged applications. Plus add a direct injection fuel Injector, audi and some other automakers are currently building cars with direct injection. This still leaves your valve train untouched however, but it's getting close to your idea.

I'm not sure what an air mac valve is, but guessing it's similar to a huge nitrous solenoid.....

I might be spreading rumors, but don't F1 cars use solenoid operated valves? That would be the ticket, essentially a electromagnet in place of your valve spring. You could kiss your cam, lifters, pushrods and rocker arms goodbye. Pretty amazing when you think about it, you could change your valve lift and duration and your valve event timing (v-tec just kicked in!!) with a tune. There would be no give and take similar to putting in a big cam shaft, set the tune for small lift and duration in the lower RPM's and open it up to huge lift and duration at the higher rpms....
You aren't spreading rumors, 'tis true. I actually believe there are diesels running solenoids as well. I know at one point F1 was running them for a fact, but I'm not positive anymore due to all of the regulations that have been put into effect.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
you could probably sell this in some kind of multi-level marketing system.
You = WIN
Old 12-02-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002t/a06
I invented the snuggie.
Not trying to be rude but did you really ?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaysan
Not trying to be rude but did you really ?
Yes, he did.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by InsomZ
this is why I said millions will be made if this works, not I will be a millionaire.
I dont care if it ever gets built or who builds it.
It would be cool if someone built it and it becomes a great thing used in all make cars.
Just wanted to post my ideas here.
Im not scared of losing this idea to a self motivated person, if they build it, more power to them.
You can have it if you want and make money off it...
Ideas are meant to be shared, not to make profit and be kept a secret. If the idea is great then of course it will make money but it should be shared
This is why more new ideas are not being produced, because "someone might steal my idea..."
and this is also why we dont have more fuel efficient cars, cause no one wants to think of a way(mentaly lazy)
Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

engines only run on vaccum because the piston going down on the intake stroke sucks in the fuel and air.
this is why force fed engines produce more compression and uses less power from the engine to suck air and fuel in.
Also there has to be a way to suck the exhaust out instead of the piston pushing the exhaust out.
this will save hp and torque because the only power used from the engine is pulleys and drivetrain, not internals and externals. the less the engine moves, the less power loss and more rwhp

a MAC valve is an air solenoid
there can be a compressor run on battery power to air up a 20-50 gallon tank to run the air injectors.
the injectors dont need to be high psi, just high volume so the 40,000 psi you requested is not necessary
so much power can be produced and saved that the engine does not have to be huge to operate at a similar hp/tq as a larger engine.
this will also go along with better mpg
for example, a small V6 like a 3.8 could operate at the same level as a big block V8 like a 454(7.4) with better fuel economy, more power and less weight.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

a turbo works on the piston pushing the exhaust out, spinning the turbo, then spinning the intake part of the turbo, forcefeeding the air and assisting on pushing the piston down to produce power.
If you use the same principles but backwards, the intake spinning the turbo to suck the exhaust out, you will still produce more hp but not as efficient as the current design.
so if we can figure out a way to suck the exhaust out, without using engine power, you can create a gain in hp.
more air in and more air out produces more hp and torque
we have to figure out a way to do both without using engine power
Old 12-02-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great more Computer **** to fix....
Old 12-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

less computer ****.
The crank positioning sensor and 02 sensors are the only things needed to manage/run everything, the computer does the rest