Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

new owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner

I just bought a cts-v and Im thinking about doing three things, first would be to put some lowering springs on it, second would be to black out ALL the lights, and the last thing this painting the grill inserts. My questions are what would be the best springs to put on, how low to go, and would it give me any clearance problems? With the lights Im not sure if i should try to paint them, put covers on, or go for tint? The only thing im worried about is making the headlights too dark, cops aren't a problem in my town so the only reason i thought of cover was so I could take them off at night. When I go to paint the grill inserts I would like to get them powder coated, would the emblem hold up to the heat of the oven? I want everything painted black except for the cadillac emblem. Thanks for all the help.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

The grill can be PC'd but the chrome piece on the hood and the emblem are plastic I believe so they'll have to be painted.

Lowering this car isnt as simple as throwing springs on it. The car has self leveling shocks in the rear so you have to trick them by using spacers. You can search on here and find a couple sets people have made.

For the tint, do you have to get inspections? If not I'd paint them but if you have to get inspected I'd use a sheet of window tint so you can rip it off every year and reapply.

Welcome to the club.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

We don't have inspections so the world of mods are wide open to us. Thanks for the heads up on the spacers I'll look into it.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Not a problem.
Painting is the way to go then imo. Looks great and wont start peeling around the edges.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Painting the grill and frames, and then doing the lights are sweet. Of course do not alter the light, tails or headlamps, if you live in South Florida, as the Micosukee suckarsegaybastardshitlicking Tribal Police will ticket you for $300, and once you are done paying their bullshiat fine, you will have to remove them. Do not ask me how I know this,,,
Old 12-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

If you paint them how much light is able to get out? I guess what Im asking is how much will it change how they work at night?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

It depends on the painter. They can mix the black/clear in any proportion and obviously more black = less visibility.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

I live in small town in Indiana so like i said you can do whatever you want and the cops will just say nice car.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sappertodd
I live in small town in Indiana so like i said you can do whatever you want and the cops will just say nice car.
Good to hear that a few LEOs that are car enthusiasts are still out there. I could be wrong, but when I was getting the $300.00 tickets I think the dude was checking out my package, who hate to think that aside from being an wholearse that he was also a butt pirate,,,

Also, look into balcking out the emblem, a few have done it, makes the car look even more Vadar-like.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

I did nightshades. its about 11 for a can at autozone did my headlights-didnt like it so i stripped it off and painted the edges, did the fogs side marker and tail lights along with the third brake light. knock on wood 3 months and no problems and you can still see them fine just looks way good when the car is off

Quick Reply: new owner