Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

It has come to our attention as of late, that our customer service has been, well, lacking, to put it mildly.

I don't know how many of you reading this have had a bad personal experience with any of our crew, but I would like to say if you have, please don't take it as a representation of our business ideals. While we strive for technical perfection, we understand that customer relations is just as important, if not more.

If it were at all possible, Shawn and I would handle all customer interactions. But, that's not possible, so we've had to depend on our front counter guys to do that, and it's proven to be very problematic.

We want everyone to understand, we're trying to rectify the problems, and we're in the process of a personnel change over that we hope will do the trick. Please bear with us while we go through these growing pains. If you've done business with us before, and for whatever reason have been turned off by your experience, I ask you to give us another try.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:24 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've never done business with you but this says quite abit about you. good luck in the future.

finding good help is hard these days.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your company has a great reputation, atleast with the folks I have spoken with around the Richmond area. The only complaint I have heard, and experienced is that you do not return emails. While this may seem small, and I can understand not having the time to answer every email, it means alot to some peeps when shopping for a potential machine shop to deal with. Hopefully that will improve. Just my thoughts....

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
It has come to our attention as of late, that our customer service has been, well, lacking, to put it mildly.

I don't know how many of you reading this have had a bad personal experience with any of our crew, but I would like to say if you have, please don't take it as a representation of our business ideals. While we strive for technical perfection, we understand that customer relations is just as important, if not more.

If it were at all possible, Shawn and I would handle all customer interactions. But, that's not possible, so we've had to depend on our front counter guys to do that, and it's proven to be very problematic.

We want everyone to understand, we're trying to rectify the problems, and we're in the process of a personnel change over that we hope will do the trick. Please bear with us while we go through these growing pains. If you've done business with us before, and for whatever reason have been turned off by your experience, I ask you to give us another try.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
finding good help is hard these days.
You have no idea. "They" say the economoy is in the toilet, and there's ton's of people out of work. Well I say, where are all the good ones?

I can tell you, still working. Only people (o.k. not the only people, but the majority) that are out of work, are the ones that companies tolerated because they were short handed, or they were desperate to try to get quota's done, projects out on time, product made, etc.

Now, companies have slowed down enough to be able to trim the dead wood, and that, from what I have seen is 99% of what's out there looking for a job right now.

I've hired 3 people since I started my current job (last april) and I probably interviewed 100 and tried out several on a temp to perm basis that didn't make it, looking for good people.

IMO, if you want good people these days, you have to be willing to steal them away from somewhere, at least hire people that are looking to make a change, and are still working. Chances of finding a good employee, out of this type of possible candidate are a TON better then looking for people with exp, just because they have exp. doing something doesn't mean they know what they're doing, they might have been a sales guy, but that doesn't mean they were a good one, hence why they're looking for a job.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by csjta2
Your company has a great reputation, atleast with the folks I have spoken with around the Richmond area. The only complaint I have heard, and experienced is that you do not return emails. While this may seem small, and I can understand not having the time to answer every email, it means alot to some peeps when shopping for a potential machine shop to deal with. Hopefully that will improve. Just my thoughts....
Thanks. The email issue is one we're trying hard to rectify. Shawn and I answer almost all of them ourselves now.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,223 Likes on 779 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Yeah you suck give me some free ****.

J/K... good luck at least you know you have to tweak a few things.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Build a team like you would a motor. Assembled with quality parts that all work together and then tune tune tune. Continuous improvement is the key in both engine builds and company development.

You, Sean and Doug will get it done!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like somebody's *** got canned!!

Good luck with your new personnel.

Last edited by 358chevycamaro; 12-07-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 358chevycamaro
Sounds like somebody's *** got canned!!

Good luck with your new personnel.
LOL. Thanks........