Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

fixin to buy a procharged trans am

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fixin to buy a procharged trans am

hey yall well im fixin to buy this car, its procharged, and i know practically nothing about forced induction. he says east coast superchargers done all the work, anyone heard of them? are they good? also the car dynoed at 486rwhp on 8lbs of boost and the internals of the motor is still stock. is 8lbs boost ok on stock motor? just feed me as much info as yall got please i have way to many questions it would take days.. thanks
zack
Old 12-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Banned

Horsepower number seems like the norm on a procharged stock bottom end LS1 engine. The stock Procharger kit for Fbodies made 7-8 psi depends on exhaust setup. With a good tune they can run a good long time at this power level
Old 12-21-2009, 04:38 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to disagree with the post that says that not too many people ProCharge F Bodies. I'll bet there are more ProChargers on F Bodies than any other type of forced induction.

8 psi with a good tune will generally give these engines a 140 rwhp increase in horsepower, and provided to don't get a bad tank of gas you should not have any problems with it. Take a look at this list I put together, it may help you out. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=540 Bob
Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
East Coast is a well known company and to be honest not many people procharge fbodies, byt the time you spednt the money a turbo is more efficient and powerful. Im sure the car runs great and the amount of power can be handled for a little whiel as long as the tune is spot on. I would consider meth injection to make it safer and eliminate knock. Bottom end will most liekly need to be forged pretty soon if you want a reliable car, kind of a ticking time bomb now.
Not many people procharge Fbodies? Please have an Idea about what you are talking about before you post.
I know way more people with prochargers on there fbodies than turbos. Myself included.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Plenty of people Procharge F-bodies. I agree with Bob at EPP, more then any other FI application. At that power level, you are fairly safe with a good tune.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would also have to agree with Bob and the others. Also the statement that "turbo's are more efficient and powerful" I would have to disagree. There are plenty of pro-charged f-bodies making more power and are way more reliable than turbos. Just my .02!!!!It's all how you set them up and in the tune.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also the statement that "turbo's are more efficient and powerful" I would have to disagree.
More powerfull... Not necassarilly. More efficient... Most definently. In a sense it's free power since the exhaust is driving it.

Anyways. Have you called the shop who put it together. See if they are in fact the people who did the work. I finally started my car up the other day and the whistle from a procharger can't be beat. Definently worth it. Just check the car out real good and do all the research on it you can. If it's been takin care of and not beat around every corner and has a good tune you should be set. Good luck
Old 12-22-2009, 07:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ECS is a good shop to do the work.Ask the person for receipts to verify they did the car.The HP sounds about right for the setup.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:42 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
ECS is a good shop to do the work.Ask the person for receipts to verify they did the car.The HP sounds about right for the setup.
Thanks Don!

We generally do not do a ton of F-bodies so I would most likely know the customer right off the top of my head if you would like to PM me the owners name I can verify that we did the install for you.

Good luck with the purchase if it works out for you.

Quick Reply: fixin to buy a procharged trans am