Movin to fort worth

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 08:25 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Movin to fort worth

Cool...U guys got ur own Forum. Is their anybody I can cruise with out there when I come? U got car clubs or cruises near by? I'm ready to listen to some Waylon Jennings, ride some bulls, shoot some 6 shooters (.357), got a 44 colt anaconda too...and drink some beeer...lol. I been to Billy Bobs before...I'll meet you there. Beer and whiskies on me...first night. Can't wait..u guys don't have that bullshit emission law RIGHT?...gonna put some QTP headers in. Then the PROCHARGER'S COMIN...HAHA. Let me know if there is any fellow Telfuhundens out there? Im out...finally.

S/F...

O yeah...anybody wanna cruise with me to Lukenbach and Corpus Christi?...always wanted to go to those two places in TX. I hope you kick the tides assss tooo!!! LOL

Last edited by JJT; 12-26-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-25-2009, 09:29 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JJT
Cool...U guys got ur own Forum. Is their anybody I can cruise with out there when I come? U got car clubs or cruises near by? I'm ready to listen to some Waylon Jennings, ride some bulls, shoot some 6 shooters (.357), got a 44 colt anaconda too...and drink some beeer...lol. I been to Billy Bobs before...I'll meet you there. Beer and whiskies on me...first night. Can't wait..u guys don't have that bullshit emission law RIGHT?...gonna put some QTP headers in. Then the PROCHARGER'S COMIN...HAHA. Let me know if there is any fellow Telfuhundens out there? Im out...finally.

S/F...

O yeah...anybody wanna cruise with me to Lukenbach and Corpus Christi?...always wanted to go to those two places in TX. I hope you kick the tides assss tooo!!! LOL
Also..anybody know any cool spots to vist in Arizona or N. M. before I come from CAli?

Last edited by JJT; 12-25-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-25-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JJT
Also..anybody know any cool spots to vist in Arizona or N. M. before I come from CAli?
Grand Canyon
Old 12-25-2009, 11:03 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Grand Canyon
yEAH..THOUGHT OF THAT TOO. Kinda out of the way though..what about Tuscon or Las Cruces? Should I be packin.. I had a gun pulled on me in Phoenix back in 99.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will love the stockyards then. Downtown is cool, with lots to do. You can take a chick on a nice date down there, or cruise over to Hulen or University and hit up some nice restaurants. There is a few good shops that work on LS1's in fort worth. And lastly There is two tracks near by. If you move to N. Fort worth North Star is in Denton. If you move to south fort worth, Texas Raceway will be your better bet. I live not 2 miles from Texas Raceway. LMK if you have any questions bro. There are a few Tarrant county people on here.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

what part of FW you going to?

lots to do in the stockyards and sundance square. depending on what side of town you are in, lots of resturaunts and stores in arlington, and tons of stuff dallas
Old 12-26-2009, 04:23 PM
JJT
On The Tree

North Richland Hills. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

NRH is a good area. check out NYPD (new york pizza & deli) on 157 in Euless for some good sandwiches and pizza, and broncos sports bar in Hurst for the friday taco special and they have live bands sometimes too.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JJT

S/F...

Welcome to the great state of Texas! NRH is a good area, lots of stuff to do! There are a few clubs around, lots of guys on tech who meet up and hang out independently too. One club off the top of my head is Lone Star Muscle. They meet up in Arlington though, but you may hit them up once in a while. My cousin and a good friend of mine hang out with them. Some areas of Texas do have emissions laws (Sorry to say, your area in the metroplex is one of them) but they're easy to get around.....unless there is a LEO on here reading this.... ::wink, wink:: it's soooo tough, don't do it, blah blah blah ..... ::wink, wink:: Seriously though, you'll meet up with some guys who can instruct you on what to do to get through most of the loop holes. Anyways, welcome to the state!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup LSM is a good club you might want to look into.(click sig)

I will be moving to Ft. Worth by the end of next month as well. I grew up in south Dallas and i still feel like Ft.Worth has a more "laid back" vibe to it that i've come to appreciate.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:14 AM
JJT
On The Tree

Thanks again for the info fellow ls1 techs. Hey, is there any bad crime areas in Fort Worth I need to know about? I think I read a post on here where a guy got his tools jacked somewhere in Fort Worth.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Fort Worth PD Crime Statistics. Good news, forcible sodomy is down by 50% in 2009 from 2008!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Banned

welcome to North Richland Hills
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I moved to Fort Worth from sunny side Southern California, and ive been here for about 1yr & 2months, and to me it seems SLOW and some what boring. I guess it because im use to the fast pace in LA, but besides that its A LOT cheaper then CA, the homes are damn cheap. But besides the slow pace I can say the humidity i dislike also, but since I work out side I got use to the summer here. But if CA was to get cheaper and get itself out that hole its in, id make my way back thats for sure.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by $O$OE
I moved to Fort Worth from sunny side Southern California, and ive been here for about 1yr & 2months, and to me it seems SLOW and some what boring. I guess it because im use to the fast pace in LA, but besides that its A LOT cheaper then CA, the homes are damn cheap. But besides the slow pace I can say the humidity i dislike also, but since I work out side I got use to the summer here. But if CA was to get cheaper and get itself out that hole its in, id make my way back thats for sure.
Fort Worth is the calmer side of DFW. It is not slow on the Dallas side.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99problemz
Yup LSM is a good club you might want to look into.(click sig)

I will be moving to Ft. Worth by the end of next month as well. I grew up in south Dallas and i still feel like Ft.Worth has a more "laid back" vibe to it that i've come to appreciate.
whassup Omar, I met you at that lil go cart track/putt putt weak *** car show in Lewisville. Welcome to Funky Town. And to JJT, Corpus is a loonngg drive from ft worth lol
Old 01-02-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tjacks55
whassup Omar, I met you at that lil go cart track/putt putt weak *** car show in Lewisville. Welcome to Funky Town.
hey there Thanks

And yes that was a weak *** car show hahaha
Old 01-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

congrats im sure ull see some of us around
Old 01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Well... made it here safe and sound. Thanks again for the info. Not sure what night I'll be at Billy Bobs, but I'll try and post it here about a day prior or so. Let me know if you wanna meet up there after I post it. (Newbie) will buy the first round of what you want. Saw some good sceneary between El Paseo to here.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Teching In

hit meet up ill show you the ropes. i dont have a job so i have plenty time