Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Moving to FL soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to FL soon

My girlfriend signed a 5 year modeling contract in Tampa, so within a week or so we should be moving down there from WI. I was reading the other post on moving, and some info on the DMV site and was hoping you guys could clear some things up for me. I suppose I am going to need my license switched over to FL, and was wondering how that would work. I recall reading that they need two forms of proof of address, except that I wont be having any of that til at least a month after we are already there. Which normally wouldn't be a problem, except that we are also going to be buying our new vehicles there (WI winter just destroyed our two cars... sigh). I assume the registration is going to require proof of address, and a FL license. Anyone know a way around this? Or maybe a simpler solution?

In addition to that, I am currently enrolled in college here in WI for a nursing degree. Anyone know of a decent technical college within Tampa or decently close by that will allow me to transfer my credits over?

And finally (until I can think up some more questions anyway), what are some decent local shops (or forum members who are able/willing) that I can go to for parts, installs, or repairs. I hope to be teaching myself and doing most stuff myself in our new garage (whenever we find our house), but there are always going to be issues that I can't do(or just don't wanna mess with). Mostly looking for decent tint places, performance parts, tuning, exhaust, etc.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome!

Pics of girlfriend? lol
Old 01-06-2010, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
Welcome!

Pics of girlfriend? lol
Lmao.... what is this? **** or gtfo?

know any of the answers to my questions?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Haha what part of FL are you moving to?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Tampa it seems, or in the very near vicinity.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 PM
12 Second Club

Heard good things about RevXtreme there in tampa..Im not sure about a dent repair shop but as far as mods and tuning go id def look into RevXtreme
Old 01-07-2010, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Skip the web site and call I think it is Hernando Co. Tax collectors office. Tell them your situation, they will have all the answers. As far as technical schools you got me. But there is always USF. I like the Tampa area and you should too. I live between Jacksonville and Gainesville, and there are only two other areas of Florida I would live Tampa and Orlando. Good luck with your move and leave the cold there. lol
Steven
Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Plenty of LSx guys running around tampa that can help you out with the car things, tuners and install help anyways.

And for your other two questions your best bet would be to call up the Hillsborough CO offices as they service the Tampa area. Unless you are looking at housing in the St Pete/Clearwater area, then it will be Pinellas Co
Old 01-07-2010, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Alright guys, thanks for the info. Now I just need to get used to the sneaky *** cops there. Last time I went to Florida to visit a friend, police were hiding between the bushes in the median on the expressway and such. That's some black magic trickery right there.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you girlfriend has been married, she'll have to get a copy of your marriage and divorce papers if there have been name changes.

I moved from Va to Fl in Tampa, and my wife had to show several items including a passport