Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Please Help NEED LUG NUTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help NEED LUG NUTS

I just bought some Weld XP Draglites and will need lug nuts. I got a hold of Summit and they said when Weld went out of business so did the lug nuts?? Do you guys know where I could get some from? Or does anyone have some they would want to sell. They are going on my 2002 Z-28
Old 01-09-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cubs1
I just bought some Weld XP Draglites and will need lug nuts. I got a hold of Summit and they said when Weld went out of business so did the lug nuts?? Do you guys know where I could get some from? Or does anyone have some they would want to sell. They are going on my 2002 Z-28
Autozone is where I bought mine. Tell them you need the shank style lugs. Get the longer studs while your at it. Put them on yourself by hand before tourqing them down. Don't rely on a tire shop to do it. Trust me, I just went through this bs and they stripped at least two studs per wheel. Longer studs are a must for saftey issues. When you do the backs, just take out the abs sensor and the studs will slide out of that hole.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

still looking for these? i have a brand new set of dorman with gorilla lugs and locking lugs, with keys. never used, brand new. $40.00

email me at rbbell.ams@gmail.com
Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah alot of tire shops will have them or look on summit they have their own brand of shank style lugs
Old 02-05-2010, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Default Weld XP Lugs

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
Autozone is where I bought mine. Tell them you need the shank style lugs. Get the longer studs while your at it. Put them on yourself by hand before tourqing them down. Don't rely on a tire shop to do it. Trust me, I just went through this bs and they stripped at least two studs per wheel. Longer studs are a must for saftey issues. When you do the backs, just take out the abs sensor and the studs will slide out of that hole.
The Weld XP wheels take a special lug nut. It is not a standard mag style like the Draglite and Prostars take. The shank diameter is 3/4 inches wide. Making this what they call a duplex style mag lug. It also takes a longer shank lug depending on which version of the XP you have. Weld made a couple versions.
I do not think these can be purchased from any local shops. Even the lug nut manufacturers do not make one. As far as longer studs, I do not know why you would need these. The lugs reach down to within 1/4 inch of the mounting surface giving you 90% or more lug engagement. I know of one or two shops that may have what you need. PM me with the information of the thickness of the center section so I know which lug shank to look for.
Hope I can help.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

do you want closed end or open lugs?
Old 02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Call McGard directly.....
Old 02-05-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a set of factory ones I took off my '02 WS6 just sitting around if you're interested, and if they will work...

Quick Reply: Please Help NEED LUG NUTS