Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

evap delete question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default evap delete question?

Ok i have my evap deleted and all the lines around intake are gone. I ran a line from the factory line under the car so i wouldn't have to smell gas as much. Well now im wanting to drop the tank and remove the charcoal canister for extra weight loss. If i do that everyone says it will smell like gas in the car bad.

Well the question is can i just cap everything off and run a vented gas cap so all the smell is out of the car and at the rear of the car?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
Ok i have my evap deleted and all the lines around intake are gone. I ran a line from the factory line under the car so i wouldn't have to smell gas as much. Well now im wanting to drop the tank and remove the charcoal canister for extra weight loss. If i do that everyone says it will smell like gas in the car bad.

Well the question is can i just cap everything off and run a vented gas cap so all the smell is out of the car and at the rear of the car?

after my twin in tank setup, i ended up with only one vent tube (factory vent). My tank didn't have enough vent to it and i couldn't find a vented gas cap for the 98 tank, so i put a better one way check valve on the end of the vent line and did away with the factory crappy plastic one way valve. I ended up getting a air ride one way valve from orielly's that had a 3/8"s pipe fitting on it and it worked great, I will be reusing this setup on my new car.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

removed my EVAP, still using the factory vent. id suggest using some sort of vent other than only a vented gas cap. without any other vents, u may have a hard time putting fuel into the tank

Originally Posted by fitz98ta
after my twin in tank setup, i ended up with only one vent tube (factory vent). My tank didn't have enough vent to it and i couldn't find a vented gas cap for the 98 tank, so i put a better one way check valve on the end of the vent line and did away with the factory crappy plastic one way valve. I ended up getting a air ride one way valve from orielly's that had a 3/8"s pipe fitting on it and it worked great, I will be reusing this setup on my new car.
where is the factory check valve? i wanna modify that to make inserting gas easier
Old 01-09-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i know some 3rd gen guys that do what i was talking about. why i was asking too
Old 01-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've deleted all my engine EVAP hardware and lines for a nice steel braided fuel line setup, all I did was delete the codes and cap off the vent hard line with a small hole cut in the cap that I used......never had a problem with smelling gas or filling up ever.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nemss1

where is the factory check valve? i wanna modify that to make inserting gas easier
it is on the driverside. it is a white valve that snaps into a metal bracket, it is about 3" round
Old 01-09-2010, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fitz98ta
it is on the driverside. it is a white valve that snaps into a metal bracket, it is about 3" round
thank you
Old 01-11-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

anyone else?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Banned Village Idiot

any pictures? how much weight are you planning on saving with this out?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol 8lbs or so with everything i would think. Its already deleted under the hood of the car so why have the rest if ya dont have to

Old 01-16-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

bump
Old 01-16-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Find this post, I need to do delete that damn evap...
Old 01-16-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great pics

Anyone use a 3/8-3/8 fuel filter for a vent, just to keep trash out over a open line. Some have a removeable filter to clean. Maybe but some charcoal filter in there, to keeo the smell down.
Or some drier sheets in a tube

Last edited by studderin; 01-16-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

is that what ya did? I just dont want the smell in my car. i may just run a vent line to the bumper
Old 01-16-2010, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

ok looking at the pics, where is the factory vent?

so since there is a factory vent, can i just plug the nipple of the pump where the EVAP hose came from?
Old 01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

No I put it all back in, and everything 100% stock. I had troble getting it to purge and get the readness motior to complete (to get the car inspected). I filled the tank, parked at car in the cool garage over night, left it in the hot parking lot. Only messed with it for a few days, but ended up having all the other montiors check, but 1 other one that I didnt think would? But got it inspected with the 2 not ready and havn't checked them for the rest of last year.I may remove it for the weight, and with the SV Id have to add another fitting for it.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I want to remove all the evap for weight wheil I have it out agian.

Some guys said the white valve sticks? anyone useing that for a vent and have it working? what fitting on the tank are you useing to vent if not useing the whire one way valve?

where are you guys getting the venter gas cap? anyone have the PN??
Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

I got a servise manual out, all the evap on tank pics have 1-11 thing listed and you can't really see tell what line they ID. haha.
I think the black fitting off the middle round plug of the tank is the "fill limiter vent" ???
Old 11-07-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

i wanna do it to. just want to know how bad the gas smell is lmao
Old 11-07-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

ya, I;m gona take the whole metal line off for weight so there no going back, but I could put the carcoal canister back in and have it vent thu that, and shouldn't smell. But worried like you, and running a muffalr in the back it gona be heating the fuel up and have alot more venting then a car with open header.

Looked at it more today with the tank out. that white valve thing, the line off it on my car dosn't do ****. It dosen't flow air in or out???? even putting a few pounds into it, or filling the tasnk up with a few to ballon it, it is sealed up tight, I think thats the "fill limit valve: and it has someing inside thats a floating check valve for when the gas it full in the tank or somthing. But its not going to work as a open vent. It just runs to the back of the tank and points to the ground so, just gona leave it like that.

Only line thats dose is the lines off the mid black fitting with the T. Theone is smaller line is 5/16 nylon thast gose to the middle line in the pump sender unit. I think thats the "fuel tank presser" that has a noild to contraol it. That fitting dosn't pass air, must be ele. controled.
The big fitting is 1/2 or 5/8th that gose to the charcol canister, and the evap system. its gona be harder to find a breater for that size line.

Not sure if I can remove the fuel tank pressuer line, just cap the port on the upmp sender (middle port) and use the smaller line on the T for the vent, and cap the bigger one. I think that 3/8 line with a fuel filter on the end flows enoght air to fill that tank fast like normal at the pump. Then I can remove all the wireing for that "fuel tank pressuer" solinoid. But not sure if that is used for normal tunning? like uses for the fuel trims???
I have a spare harness I'm remove extra and un needed wires form so can get at system all gone if I dont need it.

Quick Reply: evap delete question?