Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for A good ypipe for stock manifolds.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for A good ypipe for stock manifolds.

Wanna run manifolds, but trying to find out some things ok, I searched but turned up with nothing ,Ok 1st I was wonder a stock ypipe has restriction but this one don't ,So what power could I get from it = http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1098

Or this one= http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2459
Old 01-19-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is the one I just put in a few months ago. Good y for a stock set up. I like mine. It cut down quite a bit of rasp. I run some cheap shortys tho. It gave my car an very unique sound to it. I have $80 ebay shortys the mack y that you listed and a LM2. Like the way it sounds a lot. After I added that y it almost has a whistling sound to it. Thats the best I can describe tho. Fits good and the pipe is quite a bit larger than the stock y. I am sure it flows a hell of a lot better than the stock one.

Sorry man I have the mac one. The first listed. It comes in 3 pieces. One thing I forgot to mention is you will need something to block off the rear O2 bungs they are still there. The mac one comes painted black (mine did anyway). You will probably need new bolts for the manifold too down at the collector and new gaskets.

Last edited by Breathing Fire; 01-19-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: More details.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
That is the one I just put in a few months ago. Good y for a stock set up. I like mine. It cut down quite a bit of rasp. I run some cheap shortys tho. It gave my car an very unique sound to it. I have $80 ebay shortys the mack y that you listed and a LM2. Like the way it sounds a lot. After I added that y it almost has a whistling sound to it. Thats the best I can describe tho. Fits good and the pipe is quite a bit larger than the stock y. I am sure it flows a hell of a lot better than the stock one.

Sorry man I have the mac one. The first listed. It comes in 3 pieces. One thing I forgot to mention is you will need something to block off the rear O2 bungs they are still there. The mac one comes painted black (mine did anyway). You will probably need new bolts for the manifold too down at the collector and new gaskets.
That's the exact set up i'm running to, the ebay shorties an mac ypipe.so your louder than stock or the same. and did you feel more power?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is louder, but not to loud if that makes sense? I actually did the shorties first and I did notice a difference. It really made a diff in the higher rpm range. The gaskets that came with them suck and blew out after a couple weeks. I would use the felpro or the gm ones the first time. I really felt a big diff when I added the new y. I got the y because I had to take it all off again anyway and I had just gutted cats in the stock y before. Made for some nasty rasp. That is what made the most difference. The shorties and the y together made a very noticable difference. The rasp won't be gone, but it is very slight. The merge on the new y is a lot better than stock. So I guess I'd say I am louder than stock but a good louder and I noticed quite a bit as I drove it before pretty hard and right after so I could get a better feel for the difference.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damee! Thanx bro Its going in, See I don't like long tubes the are to loud they are for race cars my opinion, See I just wanted a lil more top end with the ls6 pkg and this new exhaust.
One more thing is it louder the mac mid tube are the same?
That was the other route I was going.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know that one man sorry. There are a few people i'm sure with the mids hopefully they can help. Enjoy the new setup. Oh one thing I did was the VHT primer and ceramic coat. It has stayed so far. Couple months and no hint of it coming off yet.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanx bro.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I know its not feasable for some but I saved money when I jad a local exhasut shop bend me up a 2 1/2" true duals system that work off my stock manifolds. It has an H pipe and magnaflow mufflers dumped at the rear seat pans/rear end. It sounds and seem like it flows great and it was under 200.00 out the door. Another option
Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zaner
I know its not feasable for some but I saved money when I jad a local exhasut shop bend me up a 2 1/2" true duals system that work off my stock manifolds. It has an H pipe and magnaflow mufflers dumped at the rear seat pans/rear end. It sounds and seem like it flows great and it was under 200.00 out the door. Another option
Dame that's what I been wanting to do ,but out here there aren't many shops that do this , any pictures?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

No i dont have any but I can take some if youd like them to use as a template...id day they looks very similar to texas speed duals but they just extend up to the stock manifolds...didnt take very long at all to build and saved money in the long run and hopefully it flows better than a y pipe /catback setup.....