Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Texas / Houston V club?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas / Houston V club?

So, I took the plunge and got myself an 07 V, completely stock, 24k miles and a 100k warranty. Absolutely love the car, best purchase I have ever made. Been following these forums for a while and noticed quite a few other Texan and Houston residents posting. Any car clubs or gathering for the local V owners?

I'm thinking about getting an exhaust kit for the car to change the sound up a bit. But really wanting to hear what it sounds like on other Vs before I dump the money into it.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome aboard.

You will find plenty of useful knowledge from our V-Crowd.

Where in Texas do you live? I live in DFW.

We have Cars & Coffee every month, which has a nice gathering of V's + EVERY CAR KNOWN TO MAN.

You can also search Youtube Video's for different Exhaust Clips.

Here's one of my Old CTSV with a 219/225/571 114LSA Camshaft, Kooks headers, open cutouts. Aka NO exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwdtK84XHE

Enjoy. Lets see some pics of you new beast.

Adam
Old 01-28-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

congrats on the purchase. check the for sale section. there is a corsa catback for sale. these are the best sounding catbacks, but im partial lol.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

from Houston here, join us next saturday morning at the cars and coffee. We also have a houston V meet every now and then at the other forum so look out for that. http://www.houstoncoffeeandcars.com/...35&PID=3144498
Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Congrats on the Purchase! I got my 07 V with the same amount of mileage lol.. Lets see sum pics bro!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Welcome! You will love you car! (espically the 100k mile warranty)

I took my V to the Houston Coffee and Cars back on Labor Day and did a cruise with some buddies after. The only V I saw was the new Hennessey V, but we got there kind of late. I'll probably do the next one.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

Dang, I will be out of town that weekend, but will definitely make it in March! Glad to be in the owners group.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

welcome!!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

So, I have pictures to upload still, of the before and after. My V survived about a month, got sideswiped over the weekend, think they are going to total it, but not sure. The side impact airbags went off on the passenger side and the front passenger side strut was broken. Already looking for another one, but don't think I'll find as a good of a deal, 07 black/tan with 24k miles for 25k. Sad about the car, but both my son and I walked away with minor bruising, so glad I was in that car at the same time.

Anyone have any experience with repaired Vs? Not sure the insurance company will repair it, but if they do I would have concerns about the airbags at least.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Teching In

but both my son and I walked away with minor bruising
that's the only part that matters
Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AshrDashr
So, I have pictures to upload still, of the before and after. My V survived about a month, got sideswiped over the weekend, think they are going to total it, but not sure. The side impact airbags went off on the passenger side and the front passenger side strut was broken. Already looking for another one, but don't think I'll find as a good of a deal, 07 black/tan with 24k miles for 25k. Sad about the car, but both my son and I walked away with minor bruising, so glad I was in that car at the same time.

Anyone have any experience with repaired Vs? Not sure the insurance company will repair it, but if they do I would have concerns about the airbags at least.
Yes, that sounds like an awesome deal but im sure you will find another that will make you happy. Glad to hear yall were ok!

Quick Reply: Texas / Houston V club?