Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ordered my Monster Stage 3 today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ordered my Monster Stage 3 today!!!

FINALLY!!! I got my tax returns back. My car hasnt been drove over a month. Im in the Military and was on leave before christmas 700+miles away from home when my clutch pedal went to the floor Long story short, I ended up renting a uhaul and towing my car back to my mechanic at home. He hasnt pulled the old clutch out to see what broke. Already changed the MC in hopes it was that and no luck. Ive done quite a bit of research on monster and their clutches and nothing but positve feedback! Im excited as hell. Oh in case any of you guys wander. I ordred their premium package with the LW flywheel along with their speed bleeder. Might as well replace it all while your in there right? THANKS MONSTER!!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude you have no idea how much this clutch rocks. Ive just got mine broken in and gave it a beat down last night and all I can say is wow! It didnt even flinch and the harder you beat it the better it drives on the street.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Same here I should have my level 4 in on Feb. 13.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Dude you have no idea how much this clutch rocks. Ive just got mine broken in and gave it a beat down last night and all I can say is wow! It didnt even flinch and the harder you beat it the better it drives on the street.
NICE!!! I cant wait!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Get ready for a totally different feeling car. Your going to LOVE IT! Your set up is exactly what I have.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

It's the same as the OZ700 pretty much isn't it?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on the fence on the monster or spec. I didn't know to much about the monster and decided on the spec stage 2+. I'm also just now breaking mine in and hope it works out the way I planned. Good luck and that was a hell of a tow home.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by locrzn
I was on the fence on the monster or spec. I didn't know to much about the monster and decided on the spec stage 2+. I'm also just now breaking mine in and hope it works out the way I planned. Good luck and that was a hell of a tow home.
man you dont know the half of it..i BARELY averaged 10mi to gallon!!! I had to stop and fill up 3 times....but i got tired of shops bullshitin with my car. I even had a guy hang up the phone on me bc i called and mentioned that i wanted it to be bled from the slave. so i said **** it im goin back to where i know it will be taken care of properly and in a timely manner. At first i was all out for spec but i just kept running into people who said their clutches dont last as long as they should. Not tryin to steer you away from spec. Just done my own speculation. I had a buddy who had a spec 2+ and after his cam install and 6-7months it was toast. He doesnt go to the track either. I have heard nothing but bad *** reviews and rep from monster so im givin them a shot......Too bad it wasnt the MC i changed....oh well it was a must anyway for my future cam install

Last edited by SStheBest; 02-01-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by the_merv
It's the same as the OZ700 pretty much isn't it?
i dont know i never researched that clutch....
Old 02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Monster Lvl 3 Premium/Lightweight last summer and i LOVE it. NEVER skips a beat or slips. It can be a little rough going into first if I don't give it enough gas, but I have NO complaints about it. You'll love it!