Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sail Panel Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sail Panel Speakers

Just thought I would throw this out there for everyone...I ordered the Bazooka replacements for my sail panels, and Kee Audio was out of stock. After a couple of weeks of not recieving my order, Ian kindly offered up a viable solution. He had some new stuff coming in that was made by Audiobahn, now its called Audio Drift. I got them earlier this week and installed them this morning. I am very pleased, the bass is much better than the factory ever thought about. Now keep in mind these are not 10 inch woofers, just 6.5's, but they sound awesome! I highly reccommend these to any one who is upgrading the speakers in their factory system. I would also like to thank Ian, for his outstanding customer service, not many people do what they say anymore, but Kee Audio delivers. Thanks Ian, I am one satified customer!!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

Great to hear that! I have my Bazookas and CDTs in my car and they are also top-notch. Oh btw

or at least a link
Old 02-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 under pressure
Just thought I would throw this out there for everyone...I ordered the Bazooka replacements for my sail panels, and Kee Audio was out of stock. After a couple of weeks of not recieving my order, Ian kindly offered up a viable solution. He had some new stuff coming in that was made by Audiobahn, now its called Audio Drift. I got them earlier this week and installed them this morning. I am very pleased, the bass is much better than the factory ever thought about. Now keep in mind these are not 10 inch woofers, just 6.5's, but they sound awesome! I highly reccommend these to any one who is upgrading the speakers in their factory system. I would also like to thank Ian, for his outstanding customer service, not many people do what they say anymore, but Kee Audio delivers. Thanks Ian, I am one satified customer!!
I am glad you liked them. I did test a pair and thought they would be a viable option but the customer is the one who has to make that decision for themselves.
I am just sorry that SAS has kept me waiting all this time for my shipment. They did this last year as well and if I had another option I would use someone else. I even ordered way early this year knowing what happened last year and they just don't produce many of them and I buy all that they have when they have them. Apparently they are being produced and should be available by the middle or end of this month.
To those others who are waiting for Bazookas if you want a pair of these let me know as I do have about 4 pairs. I bought all that was available to me through one of my distributors as this was a product I don't normally have and they only had a few.
I am also awaiting more new products to be released for 2010 but they are won't be available to me until March...very frustrating. I did just get Clarions new stuff in which is pretty cool and some new JVC but most of the JVC is the same from last year.
Anyway....again....I am glad you liked them and are performing well for you. Hopefully I cvan get ahold of some more of these soon!!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

Price on the speakers from AudioDrift? Didn't see them on the site.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

How does the price and performance compare to the Bazookas? Hoping to place my order this week.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Same price....similar/same performance. I am still a fan of the Bazookas as they have been a solid performer and have been bullet proof. The Audio drift subs are a solid performer for the stock system but I have only had them a short time so I cannot yet say how they do long term. I will of course honor a warranty on them though!!
I will put them on the site as soon as I fill existing orders on Bazooka subs and those who want to exchange them. I have limited quantities still and want to make sure I can fill exisitng orders first.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Do those or the Bazookas both sound good if not powered by an amp?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned

They work with the stock Monsoon amp as they are DVC subs.
Hooked to just a standard radio without any amplification no 6.5" sub will perform well without some sort of crossover to block unwanted high frequencies from going to them. With some sort of crossover they will be ok but not optimal. Even then to get the bass turned up to them you would have to have another crossover blocking the low end bass from going to the other speakers. An amp would be better or even the stock Monsoon amp over just a standard radio running them.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Ian, I placed an order of the Bazooka's last night. My paypal account still had my old address. I wrote you and email and called today and left a message to make sure they were coming to my new address. Please get back to me and let me know that you received my new address. Also, when do you expect them to ship? Thanks, Adam Pennington
Old 02-09-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

I placed a order today for your(kee audio) base speaker deal. What sail panel speakers will I get? I'm sure I'll be happy with either one. Gotta be better then my stock ones. lol