Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

foibles and concerns

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default foibles and concerns

I've had my car for close to a month now and I've already taken it in to the dealer..

The first is the clunking sounds coming from the front suspension. I assumed it was the shocks. The dealer said it wasn't,they were fine and they checked the motor mounts. They said they were fine too and simply lubed them. They said they didn't hear it anymore after that. The problem persists. Curious as to the price of a good aftermarket motor mount?

The xm radio band selection periodically completely vanishes from my stereo and then, just as randomly, returns on its own. I've inquired to the dealer about this problem as well and of course, they didn't experience this while they had my car either.

I think my navigation DVD is M.I.A. Unless, it's on my Onstar or v disc. If not, then I'm screwed. If so, how much are they?

A service electrical system message popped up on my screen today for the 1st time.
Everything seems to be In working order. Could it be a hiccup caused by consistent well below freezing temps?

Oh and my windshield washer sprayers aren't working either. They did at first until it ran out of fluid, but once I refilled it, they've stopped working.

To make things worse, I just clicked over the 50k mark tonight, do how much is the extended GM warranty?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like you should have taken it to another dealer.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

A company called Creative Steel makes some nice motor mounts for our cars. I guess there are 3 different styles to choose from ranging from hard like a solid racecar mount, to almost stock-like, but a much more durable material.

The guy who sells them is called MotorMounts on the cadillacforums. These mounts have been getting good reviews.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunatelty after your out of your regular warranty you cannot but the GMPP... which is their extended warranty (atleast thats what they told me). So you'll have to do without, or used a 3rd party, but those have never worked well for me in the past.

If you want the updated NAV DVD, pm me... i can help you out.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02redls1ws6
The first is the clunking sounds coming from the front suspension. I assumed it was the shocks. The dealer said it wasn't,they were fine and they checked the motor mounts. They said they were fine too and simply lubed them.
How did they 'lube' the motor mounts, which are like fluid filled bladders? When they begin leaking they are done and need to be replaced.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lube the engine mounts? Is GM required to attend to a TSB issue if a vehicle is out of warranty? The noise in the front suspension may be related to the control arm TSB. Just replace the engine mounts with something from UUC or CS.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg
How did they 'lube' the motor mounts, which are like fluid filled bladders? When they begin leaking they are done and need to be replaced.
Interesting, learned something new today. Forgive me for being a newbie. LOL
Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lubelizard
Lube the engine mounts? Is GM required to attend to a TSB issue if a vehicle is out of warranty? The noise in the front suspension may be related to the control arm TSB. Just replace the engine mounts with something from UUC or CS.
Thanks for the tip!

Quick Reply: foibles and concerns