LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Intake design input

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Intake design input

i have had this much done for a month now these are all real parts only the silicone elbow has to be cut down to fit.

the idea is that with the longer legs on the elbow the MAF can be moved into the airbox which has yet to be designed (for now imagine a CAI box).

the reason i decided to use the funnel is due to when i removed the MAF screen one summer and how crappy the car ran the funnel will provide smoother airflow and will also accelerate it into the intake.

as far as filters go the reason the cai and k and n work so well is due mostly to the increased filter area im well aware that k and n makes filters with the funnels built in. i believe the larger the distance between the air getting mixed up by the filter and the maf the better reading it will get. i am torn between a panel filter significantly larger than stock or a cone filter comparable to it.

Im looking for opinions, parts you know of that might help, or any other theorys

thanks guys

Old 02-19-2010, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good buddy, now get it made and installed!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Banned

Have you looked into the Spectre in-line filters? I was gonna run one until I swapped my normal headlights back in. I was going to run it straight from the headlight to the intake mani.

And I know nothing about moving the MAF, so I'm no help there, lol.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:07 PM
EW1
Launching!

GO with a cone filter and fab up a heat shield. Spectre intakes have parts you can buy to make a simple CAI. They have 3" and 4" straight piping and piping with 45/60/90 degree bends
Old 02-19-2010, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JP_GXP
Have you looked into the Spectre in-line filters? I was gonna run one until I swapped my normal headlights back in. I was going to run it straight from the headlight to the intake mani.

And I know nothing about moving the MAF, so I'm no help there, lol.
I was thinking the same. i did the headlight mod but had to put my stocker back on do to winter weather I also put my stock hood back on too.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

i did look into spectre inline filters i dont think they make one with enough filter area as far as the airbox i want to do an enclosed one like the CAI which is what ill get if i cant figure out how to make a nice one of my own
Old 02-20-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

personally I like the flat type filter, always seems more direct and functional. Try to include some sort of grounding strap inside the silicone ducts to dissapate the static buildup from the silicone, it can and does create havoc in the airstream. Pretty cool so far!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Looking good Paul!!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

i like...