Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: wolf 6 point or custom??
wolf 6 point with dual swingouts
20.00%
custom cage with dual swingouts.
80.00%
dont cage your car
0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

wolf cage or custom??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wolf cage or custom??

I have come to the realization that i am going to have to put a cage in to run my car more than one pass at the track. (realized that a couple years ago) I will probably pull the trigger on a cage this spring. I like the looks and fit of the wolf, but i dont like the part for the swing out that sticks up from the floor. When i have the swing outs out, i dont want to see anything up front. I called wolf and they would not do anything different for me. I called midwest chassis last year and yea, they will do anything i want. Of course the $$ is different. What do you think of the cage in your car, be it a custom one, or a wolf?? I dont really drive the car that much, maybe 2k a year at most, I just dont want to feel like i ruined the car with a cage that isnt exactly what i want. Post up pics of what you have. Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

spend the money and get exactly what you want. i'd go moly to try and help with resale.

i bought a wolfe bolt in steel 6 point with dual swing outs and am really considering getting a moly ten point.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
spend the money and get exactly what you want. i'd go moly to try and help with resale.

i bought a wolfe bolt in steel 6 point with dual swing outs and am really considering getting a moly ten point.
The Steel 6 point good though? Or not a big fan and thats why you want to upgrade?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I vote custom but I am biased.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

Steve, pm me and we can talk.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sujomatt
The Steel 6 point good though? Or not a big fan and thats why you want to upgrade?
no its very nice and fit great but i just jumped the gun and i'll most likely be under 10.0 so its kinda worthless. just wished i had waited and got what i wanted.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:57 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the Wolf 6 pt with the swing-out door bars. The hinged part on the floor isn't an issue as far as it being in the way. It may just be an eye sore for some. The fitment was great, but after having that one, my next one will have fixed door bars. We got to where we didn't even open the door bar or remove it. You can get in and out easily, so there will be no swing out bars on our next cage. This was also in my wife's daily driver and she works at a bank which requires her to wear dresses most of the time and she never had an issue with it. Just my .02

G/L
Old 02-26-2010, 06:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with a custom moly cage. It will run you a little more in the end but has far more benifits then a one size fits all steel.

Shop around and see what everyone charges. Since you are willing to take your car from Wis to Midwest chassis I'm guessing you wouldn't be opposed to looking around the Chicago area. There are quite a few custom cage builders in my area alone and I was quite surprised by the varying prices when I had mine done.

Good luck,

~Jim~
Old 02-26-2010, 07:49 AM
11 Second Club

I have decided to that i will probably have Midwest or Burkhart do the cage, Midwest is about 100 miles closer and after talking to Eric he pretty much has the job. I was going to take it to a local fab shop, but they have never done a cage. I can buy the moly tubing cheap, but i want it done right, and the way i want it.

No swing outs, i opted for just removable door bars. So i dont have the eyesore sticking out of the floor, just a little pipe when removed. I dont care if i have to climb over them when i am racing, just want them out of the way when i am cruising.