Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Wheel hop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wheel hop?

My car has really bad wheel hop, is there any way to fix it? It's only really bad if the tires break loose in first. Could it be cause by my bad torque arm?

I have another question too, my car bucks when I shift. Like when I let the clutch out it jerks every now and then. It's really annoying and it seems if I did it while racing some stuff would probably break.

I have a feeling it all has to do with the torque arm though. The bolt holes got all torn up so I welded it back together as a temporary fix. I have another one to put in but haven't got around to it.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whee lhop could be the torque arm or the lower control arms. If you say the torque arm broke and you welded it back together i would lean towards that. Get yourself a good adjustable one. I have a full length UMI and i love it
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would but I just don't have the money right now, plus I already got a stock torque arm for free. Hopefully it will fix my problem.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

install the new torque arm and do a poly mount while you're in there. might wanna throw some 1le style bushings in the lca too, should help quite a bit.

shocks also play a part in wheel hop but if you don't have the money that's not really an option
Old 02-24-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what kind of tires are you running? i only wheel hopped when i had the nittos on my car, with reg street tires my car does not wheel hop... chances are it's your torque arm even if you put the one that you got from my friend on, it will still wheel hop, the stockers are weak, but i hear you can beef them up a lil and that will help out some... i would get that broken one off your car asap before you break something else
Old 02-25-2010, 01:28 AM
12 Second Club

Not sure what the problem is, just make sure not to beat on it in this condition. Wheel hop WILL break your rear end
Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bigj2717
The whee lhop could be the torque arm or the lower control arms. If you say the torque arm broke and you welded it back together i would lean towards that. Get yourself a good adjustable one. I have a full length UMI and i love it
Thanks for suggesting UMI Performance. And great to hear that you are satisfied with the quality and performance. Like mentioned above I would look into replacing it seeing how it already broke once. And they are flimsy in the beginning. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...s7efl9kppnrts7

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 02-25-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lower control arms should cure it..after that an adj torque arm.