Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front Bumper Sarona kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper Sarona kit

So, I have to repaint my front bumper and headlight covers since the previous owner looks like he drove behind a tractor trailer all day everyday with how many rock chips there are in the paint. I was wondering what a good solution is to the front bumper not really flowing with the rest of the ground effects. I don't like the 6LE splitter.
I saw this kit, and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on it was? I ONLY am considering the front bumper piece. Not the rest, just for clarification.
So my questions are:
1. Do you like it?
2. Do you think it will flow with the stock effects?
3. Does anyone have any pictures with this kit installed?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:48 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it looks extremely gay. I am refering to either the front piece by itself and the whole thing together.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

wish there were more pictures with it installed to see if its truly gay or not. I'm pretty weary of it myself, but I did see a long time ago on cardomain someone with something similar to this and it was really nice.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is a similar product on a frind of mines car, just the front valance, his user name here is Trans-Dad, look thru his gallery for more pics...
Old 02-27-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Makes the car look like a chu-chu train...
Old 02-27-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Never heard of Sarona for. Trans Am. Where'd you find this? The Sarona is the lip I want for my M3 bumpwer. Weird. Anyway, that's not a new nor is it an original kit. All they've done is copy the Wings West firebird body kit. Its made for the base firebird bumper although a few have made their way onto Trans Ams. Since Wings West no longer produces them, this company probably bought the molds off of them and changed the name. I can't post pics from my phone so just google it or ill post pics when I gett home. Although those sideskirts are new and from here they look nice, but its a phone lol!
Old 02-27-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

6le front splitter with the spacers. it's the only way to go.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:12 PM
9 Second Club

I guess I don't see the difference with the splitter, which to me looks out of place and everyone seems to have fallen in love with, and something like this. Neither are my cup of tea, but between the two, this looks like it was intentional where the splitter looks just like what it is, bolted on.

Also, that isn't the Wings West kit, or a rebuild of it. It is quite different in the front, unless there was another Wings West kit I am unaware of.

I am with you, it is similar to the splitter, but more molded to the car. If it is what you are going for, DO IT! If the lines don't quite flow without their gfx, save your pennies for them. I suspect it will flow to the stock T/A gfx just fine.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

OP- The stock ground fx will flow perfectly with this front lip which btw is a Wings West piece. Here's a couple of pics of mine over the years.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

I stand corrected. It just isn't the W.W. kit I'm used to. Great job on the pics. Again not something I'd do to my own, but that car look pretty damned good in the pics, and with the stock gfx, it looks great. I would vote this over the "splitter" any day of the week and twice on Sundays! It even makes me consider it in the bottom picture. Hot car man!
Old 02-27-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think it looks that bad...
Old 02-27-2010, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mixed feelings..
Old 02-27-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dig it a lot, has a splitter style and still melds with the rest of the gfx
Old 02-27-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

His is WW too:
Old 02-28-2010, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

The WW one looks better, i don't like the opening.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^they're both wings west
Old 02-28-2010, 02:35 AM
TECH Regular

Frodo came through with the pics! haha

I wasn't fond of it till i saw his car. I think it flows EXTREMELY well with the rest of the car. I haven't seen that piece until this thread but i say if you are considering it and like it, you should definitely try it out, it doesn't look bad at all and if you pull it off right, it should look sick as hell.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Never heard of Sarona for. Trans Am. Where'd you find this? The Sarona is the lip I want for my M3 bumpwer. Weird. Anyway, that's not a new nor is it an original kit. All they've done is copy the Wings West firebird body kit. Its made for the base firebird bumper although a few have made their way onto Trans Ams. Since Wings West no longer produces them, this company probably bought the molds off of them and changed the name. I can't post pics from my phone so just google it or ill post pics when I gett home. Although those sideskirts are new and from here they look nice, but its a phone lol!
I never did either and upon further research, I found what you said must be exactly right. Looks like Sarona bought the molds off Wings West and changed it to fit Trans Am's. The only place I can find that sells this kit is http://www.andysautosport.com/pontia...o00186470.html

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
6le front splitter with the spacers. it's the only way to go.
Don't agree with you for this exact reason quoted just below:
Originally Posted by transsam
I guess I don't see the difference with the splitter, which to me looks out of place and everyone seems to have fallen in love with, and something like this. Neither are my cup of tea, but between the two, this looks like it was intentional where the splitter looks just like what it is, bolted on.

Also, that isn't the Wings West kit, or a rebuild of it. It is quite different in the front, unless there was another Wings West kit I am unaware of.

I am with you, it is similar to the splitter, but more molded to the car. If it is what you are going for, DO IT! If the lines don't quite flow without their gfx, save your pennies for them. I suspect it will flow to the stock T/A gfx just fine.
I agree with you about the 6LE splitter vs this one. If gfx is what you're after, a molded piece looks better IMHO.

Originally Posted by Frodo T. Baggins
OP- The stock ground fx will flow perfectly with this front lip which btw is a Wings West piece. Here's a couple of pics of mine over the years.
YES! Thank you Frodo! A true picture to go by with stock fx. It really doesn't look that bad at all. I kind of like it to be honest. The opening is a little strange, and might be something to get used to, but overall it looks awesome. I've got a lot to think about now.

Originally Posted by transsam
I stand corrected. It just isn't the W.W. kit I'm used to. Great job on the pics. Again not something I'd do to my own, but that car look pretty damned good in the pics, and with the stock gfx, it looks great. I would vote this over the "splitter" any day of the week and twice on Sundays! It even makes me consider it in the bottom picture. Hot car man!
Agreed! Much better flow I think. Not just bolted there..

Originally Posted by 69z-28
Frodo came through with the pics! haha

I wasn't fond of it till i saw his car. I think it flows EXTREMELY well with the rest of the car. I haven't seen that piece until this thread but i say if you are considering it and like it, you should definitely try it out, it doesn't look bad at all and if you pull it off right, it should look sick as hell.
Thanks! I really am considering it now. Thanks again to frodo and all your feedback. I'll keep you all posted with what I decide.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:19 AM
9 Second Club

If you go with it, I wanna see pics! Also, shoot me a link to where you get it. I may have said it isn't my "cup of tea," but preferences can change. It is growing on me quickly.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I really am considering it now. Thanks again to frodo and all your feedback. I'll keep you all posted with what I decide.[/QUOTE]

no problem man, love these threads as it gives me a chance to ***** out my car I really like this gfx but would love to try something new like this one below. I love how sleek and subtle it looks and I'm sure would look badass molded.

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Sarona kit