Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger install TBSS.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger install TBSS.....

Well I got underway today. I am installing a Procharger kit (non sponser kit) onto my TBSS today. I am installing the PCM4less transmission cooler and intercooler tonight. I was not sure how close the intercooler was going to be to the tranny cooler so I just wanted to get it up. Everything looks like its going to work out so far.

The unit is a P1SC and will be pushing the LS2 around 6-8lbs when its all done. It will be setup with 5#'s for a bit until I get a new transmission. I had it polished out and it looks good here is a few pics. The cooler and the intercooler are not mounted 100% jsut yet. Not until I get averything fabbed up, so it looks alittle off.
Attached Thumbnails Procharger install TBSS.....-cimg0502.jpg   Procharger install TBSS.....-cimg0503.jpg   Procharger install TBSS.....-cimg0504.jpg   Procharger install TBSS.....-cimg0505.jpg   Procharger install TBSS.....-cimg0506.jpg  

Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks nice I have the same truck. Is that a HOB kit?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Yea its the HOB Kit. Should have the blower mounted tonight and some of the tubing. I am waiting for the pins so I can pin the crank then its on.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very cool combo D!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks John, long time bro.......

I spent some time on it tonight. Still waiting on the computer to get back. If it does tomorrow I will have it running by the end of the weekend I just pinned the crank and cut a few holes lol.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
Well I got underway today. I am installing a Procharger kit (non sponser kit) onto my TBSS today. I am installing the PCM4less transmission cooler and intercooler tonight. I was not sure how close the intercooler was going to be to the tranny cooler so I just wanted to get it up. Everything looks like its going to work out so far.

The unit is a P1SC and will be pushing the LS2 around 6-8lbs when its all done. It will be setup with 5#'s for a bit until I get a new transmission. I had it polished out and it looks good here is a few pics. The cooler and the intercooler are not mounted 100% jsut yet. Not until I get averything fabbed up, so it looks alittle off.
Didn't you have a Maggie on your car at one time? Bob
Old 04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

I have a few different setups lol. I am surprised you remember Though I am no where near as bad as some. My last setup was a SS Camaro with a MP112. This is the second vehicle I have put a Procharger on for myself.

BTW this is my baseline on a AWD Mustang Dyno this is completely stock 100% down to the filter. Unless you count the window tint as a mod
305WHP/320WTQ http://www.badmonkeymotorsports.com/...yno_Resize.jpg
Old 04-11-2009, 05:12 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I have a few different setups lol. I am surprised you remember Though I am no where near as bad as some. My last setup was a SS Camaro with a MP112. This is the second vehicle I have put a Procharger on for myself.

BTW this is my baseline on a AWD Mustang Dyno this is completely stock 100% down to the filter. Unless you count the window tint as a mod
305WHP/320WTQ http://www.badmonkeymotorsports.com/...yno_Resize.jpg
Good stock dyno graph!

I thought you had done a MP112 that you had a lot of hassles with. Bob
Old 04-11-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Yea it started off great on the SS. I went that route on the SS because the previous Maggie on my C6 was a blast. The radix was nice too but I ended up selling it because I needed more money for the build on the SS. Once I got the car done and reliable I had to sell it for some medical reasons. It was rough, the new owner got a great car, but the intercooler failed threw everything else out the door at that point. I never saw that coming.

Funny thing is, on the Trailbazer SS side everyone is PRO TVS or Maggies. Very few Prochargers so far. The opposite of how the f-body guys are going. I like to go against the grain though Now I need to find me a tranny to hold it down.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Yea it started off great on the SS. I went that route on the SS because the previous Maggie on my C6 was a blast. The radix was nice too but I ended up selling it because I needed more money for the build on the SS. Once I got the car done and reliable I had to sell it for some medical reasons. It was rough, the new owner got a great car, but the intercooler failed threw everything else out the door at that point. I never saw that coming.

Funny thing is, on the Trailbazer SS side everyone is PRO TVS or Maggies. Very few Prochargers so far. The opposite of how the f-body guys are going. I like to go against the grain though Now I need to find me a tranny to hold it down.
The trouble with a Maggie on an F Body is that the larger Maggie's that do make good power, such as a 2300, won't fit under the cowl. At least, not that I am aware of. Bob
Old 04-14-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Got a few more things done this week. I got teh BAP in, efans and a few other things. I got the computer back today, but I still need to install the injectors, MAF extension harness (have to make one) and install the catch can. Hopeing to haev it running later this week.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Looks good. I also have a TBSS and love it. Sometime it will probally end up with a Procharger also.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

lazy, get those injectors done
Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Kiss it :p

Is this quick enough for you? Simple vid of it running. When I get it all buttoned up will go from there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iN4JhcKBko

I am getting a PO529 code (fan speed sensor). I am thinking it came from the LS1 efan install. Will have to get it looked into. Took it for a country block trip. Needs a stall and tranny upgrade. The tune is a base, but it works. Otherwise I love it, just have not got into it like I want to. Yet..........

Right now I am just getting the bugs worked out then installing a cam, stall, and tranny. Bump up the boost to 7-8 (she is at 5 right now). Thats it. Its a DD so keeping it simple especially with it being a AWD. Gonna get it on the dyno to check it all out and make sure hte base tune is safe
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Just a short video. Its a little loud, and the wind got sucked in there. The weather has been on and off today. Should have vids up later if I ever get to the dyno. With possibly better editing on my part for video's lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqIWJPiszBg

Quick Reply: Procharger install TBSS.....