General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

puddle on passenger side floor

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default puddle on passenger side floor

Hey wondering if anybody has had this problem or knows how to fix...when it rains i get a puddle on the passenger floor, pulled some interior panels off and looked to see where it is coming from but have no idea. Any ideas??? pictures would help. Thanks
Old 03-05-2010, 02:38 AM
TECH Resident

does it smell like coolant? most of the time when theres a passenger side puddle in the floor your heater core has gone bad behind the glovebox. or is it only when it rains and doesnt smell like coolant?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Teching In

its 100% rain....and it drips down from about the glove box area under the dash...and ideas?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:17 AM

i had that problem in an old truck i had and the problem was that the drain for the cowl was stopped up. that could be the issue in your case as well
Old 03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Worst place to have a leak, it could be coming in from anywhere and running around in the dash before dripping in the floor. These leaks can be a real pita to track down. Best chance to find it is have some one sit in the car and run a hose over the cowl/windshield area starting at the bottom and working your way up until you get a leak and go from there
Old 03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

You sure it's not coming from the t-tops? I've seen water take some pretty crazy paths down from the t-tops.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1 task
Hey wondering if anybody has had this problem or knows how to fix...when it rains i get a puddle on the passenger floor, pulled some interior panels off and looked to see where it is coming from but have no idea. Any ideas??? pictures would help. Thanks
Had the same problem. Check this out. Does the puddle form when the a/c is off. Mine was the come out of the box under the dash. Someone broke the bottom lip off while doing a install. Silicone fixed it right up.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Check the grommet for the PCM wires. A lot of folks run stereo wires through there by just poking a hole through it. If they pulled the wire out or it ripped the seal, water could be following the wires right down into your floor board. I second the hose. Get in there with a flashlight and the underdash panel off. Have a buddy spray water on the car and look for the leak path.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

my buddy had the same issue, was a leaking t-top, came down the pillar and onto the floor. id use as stated above a hose to find it
Old 03-07-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

there should be a little plastic plug that some wires come through for the AC and such....mine was popped completely out letting water come in... there are also the same plugs in the floorboards under the carpet in various spots in the car...
Old 03-07-2010, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

I would say its your t-tops.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well to those who say T-Top's I had the same problem and my car is a hardtop......again I found a little plastic plug that wires came though under the pass side dash, the plug was not in the little hole allowing water from the wheel well and condensation from the AC to fill my passenger side of my car with water....My T-top car has never leaked...

Quick Reply: puddle on passenger side floor