Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

SLP Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Package

What exactly comes with the SLP performance package for the 99 and up trans am?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

trans am package wasn't installed at slp

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 04-05-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:53 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
trans am didnt go to slp
Wrong, SLP did the Firehawk in Trans Am and the Formula.

OP - Try a search, this has been asked before.

~ Craig
Old 03-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Teching In

They put a full exhaust with a CAI, upgraded suspension with different differentials, different emblems wheels and floor mats, and depending on the vehicle adifferent hood.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by BeckZ06
They put a full exhaust with a CAI, upgraded suspension with different differentials, different emblems wheels and floor mats, and depending on the vehicle adifferent hood.
Wrong again.

No FULL exhaust. Dual-dual catback, that's it. SLP lid, susp, diff, floor mats are ALL SLP options. NOT all had these.

EVERY Firehawk had the Firehawk hood, NOT some.

~ Craig
Old 03-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Wrong again.

No FULL exhaust. Dual-dual catback, that's it. SLP lid, susp, diff, floor mats are ALL SLP options. NOT all had these.

~ Craig
you left out the auburn differential and bilstein suspension package upgrade. my Firehawk has both of those options

edit: nevermind, i see you put those in there, just didn't go into detail. I read right over it, lol
Old 03-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Actually the did put full exhaust on firehawks or at least some of them. I just looked at a 2000 firehawk that had slp headers and y pipe and then dual dual cat back, and this car is all original, nothing has been done to it. And for the hoods I was talking about the camaro and firehawk seeing they have different hoods.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by BeckZ06
Actually the did put full exhaust on firehawks or at least some of them. I just looked at a 2000 firehawk that had slp headers and y pipe and then dual dual cat back, and this car is all original, nothing has been done to it. And for the hoods I was talking about the camaro and firehawk seeing they have different hoods.
No sir, NONE of the SLP cars had FULL exhaust. They did not put headers on anything and sell them to the general public through the dealerships.

They do sell headers, but NOT as a factory option.

~ Craig
Old 03-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Crager's right. They did actually do quite a bit to the 3rd gen Firehawks. I know they got intakes, I think full exhaust, all kinds of suspension work and bolt on stuff. THOSE Firehawks were actually the real deal highly upgraded models that SLP did a real good job on. When you get down to it, the 4th gen Firehawks really weren't upgraded all that much in comparison.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Some 95 Hawks recieved an SLP y-pipe in addition to the TOTL cat back. However it was a small run. I've only seen it on a few cars mainly those numbered from the 200s-300s.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

So the only way I could get the SLP versions of the car is if I bought a firehawk? I was just curious of the SLP options since it seems to be a gray area for facts about the car.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ska4life07
So the only way I could get the SLP versions of the car is if I bought a firehawk? I was just curious of the SLP options since it seems to be a gray area for facts about the car.
Dont take this the wrong way but the only grey area for 4th gens and their relationship to SLP or ASC is with newbies. This has been covered since the dawn of time. Find someone who wasn't 6 years old when SLP started building these and you'll get a much more correct answer.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wrong, SLP did the Firehawk in Trans Am and the Formula.

OP - Try a search, this has been asked before.

~ Craig
Thats right they did the firehawk, not the TA. Thats exactly what I was saying. I edited my above post to clarify since it wasn't obvious to some.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/5955403-post1.html

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 04-05-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 69camaross
Dont take this the wrong way but the only grey area for 4th gens and their relationship to SLP or ASC is with newbies. This has been covered since the dawn of time. Find someone who wasn't 6 years old when SLP started building these and you'll get a much more correct answer.
You firehawk owners sure are a pissy old bunch. No reason to start a young/old debate. Misinformation is abundant in this world, not just about your precious X-ride.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

You firehawk owners sure are a pissy old bunch. No reason to start a young/old debate. Misinformation is abundant in this world, not just about your precious X-ride.
I wasn't trying to be a dick to him, just personally getting tired of the horribly wrong information being relayed on this site when it comes to even the SLP LS1 cars which aren't that old let alone the even worse info about the LT1 SLP cars. I won't even bring up how ungodly wrong the 3rd gen info on this site is.

I was with you in that SLP didn't build any "performance packages" on Trans Ams. If you wanted an "SLP TA" you had to get a Firehawk which from the way I read the OPs post wasn't what he was eluding to.

My guess is the OP saw a regular Trans Am or WS6 with that cheap plastic chrome SLP badge on the back and wondered what that was all about. If so, all that emblem is, is a ricer tag. SLP used to sell that little SLP badge and everybody and their brother had to slap it on the back of their car thinking it automatically made it an instant special edition.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Seems like obviously the more these cars get passed down, the less and less the owners know about them. That, however, is the nature of the beast. If they come here and ask I will give them the knowledge to help them start relaying the correct information. I ordered an SLP flyer from my year with prices/options available bc I was curious. I recite that info from that flyer around here on a regular basis. Sure it gets old, but thats what it takes to keep the car hobby alive.

Plus I have always gotten a "firehawk = better then anything else" vibe ever since I first got here. That gets old too
Old 04-05-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong again.

~ Craig
actually..... I've seen a firehawk 2002 CETA that was a one of one custom, and because it was a CETA and had a WS6 they kept the WS6 hood instead of the firehawk.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
actually..... I've seen a firehawk 2002 CETA that was a one of one custom, and because it was a CETA and had a WS6 they kept the WS6 hood instead of the firehawk.
If it was a Firehawk how was it a CETA? Collector's Edition Trans Am. I'm willing to bet what you saw was a CETA with Firehawk emblems..also ASC built the CETA's and Firehawk was a SLP option..it's exactly what you said, custom, not factory.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Seems like obviously the more these cars get passed down, the less and less the owners know about them. That, however, is the nature of the beast. If they come here and ask I will give them the knowledge to help them start relaying the correct information. I ordered an SLP flyer from my year with prices/options available bc I was curious. I recite that info from that flyer around here on a regular basis. Sure it gets old, but thats what it takes to keep the car hobby alive.

Plus I have always gotten a "firehawk = better then anything else" vibe ever since I first got here. That gets old too
I hear ya man, I have a stack of dealer and SLP brochures/ order forms also for all of the 4th gens from 93 through 02 and some 3rd gen stuff. It does help out after a few years when you start forgetting some of this stuff.

Firehawks are cool, obviously the top dog when it comes to birds, but we all know nothing competes with an SS.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oChristiano
If it was a Firehawk how was it a CETA? Collector's Edition Trans Am. I'm willing to bet what you saw was a CETA with Firehawk emblems..also ASC built the CETA's and Firehawk was a SLP option..it's exactly what you said, custom, not factory.
IIRC i talked to the guy and it was done via special order by SLP. it had an 001 on the headlight door indicating it was the first and only CETA turned into a firehawk.

Quick Reply: SLP Package