Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Super Stallions at Cecil County

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Super Stallions at Cecil County

I see that super stallions of the net is takeing money for their spring(April 17) track rental at cecil.I know rel3rd allways posts up information on their track rentals but I haven't seen anything.Any one planning on going?
Old 03-13-2010, 08:44 PM
9 Second Club

i went to last one in november. that place is like glue lol. i will not be able to make it this time but top notch facility if anyone ever gets a chance to go. still haven't fixed the rear end since i blew it out there lol.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bgblockelcamino
i went to last one in november. that place is like glue lol. i will not be able to make it this time but top notch facility if anyone ever gets a chance to go. still haven't fixed the rear end since i blew it out there lol.
It's funny you say that because most of us had traction issues and STILL ended up breaking.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow if you think Cecil is like glue then I don't know what you would think of MIR.

Cecil is always fun and my "home" track not sure if I will be able to make this rental. but IA m looking forward to more trips to MIR and ATCO this year.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by YeloFevr
It's funny you say that because most of us had traction issues and STILL ended up breaking.
Yeah the track sucked that day
Old 03-13-2010, 09:15 PM
9 Second Club

Can I rent the glasses you see though because that rental was a disaster... And I didnt see cecil doing anything in reguards to prep to make it any better.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

You guys must also remember that the rain screwed up most of the day for everyone. Can't blame shitty weather on track prep.

even so, There was an awful lot of broken rears and cars for a bad track.

sorry about lack of posting about it this time.,...been very busy at work.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:07 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by rel3rd
You guys must also remember that the rain screwed up most of the day for everyone. Can't blame shitty weather on track prep.

even so, There was an awful lot of broken rears and cars for a bad track.

sorry about lack of posting about it this time.,...been very busy at work.
Yepp you will break alot of rear ends if your fighting traction issues... In and out of the throttle. Constantly smacking the rev limiter and shifting because of traction thats what breaks alot of crap...
Cecil was doing (NOTHING) to combat the **** poor track conditions. Remember Super Stallions paid them for a properly setup event and if people were not getting propper traction thely should have done something...

Yepper I usually cut consistant 1.5 60' times. I think my best was 1.8 that day... Hell they could not even prep the first 60' of the track... The best I saw from cecil`s prep crew was with a weed sprayer trying to put some VHT the first 30' off the line... 1/8 mile I can usually land in the 103/108mph. PFFFFFFT I think I best about 88mph one time being in an out of the throttle.

For an event you have to purchase tickets so far ahead of time... You dont get an option if the track is going to be so so. And the track knows this and does next to nothing... Surprised nobody hit a wall out there it was so dangerous.

Last edited by mikep2002; 03-14-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Can I rent the glasses you see though because that rental was a disaster... And I didnt see cecil doing anything in reguards to prep to make it any better.
lmao
Old 03-14-2010, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

I didn't go to the rental last Nov.and it sounds like it wasn't a good event anyway.I had been to a previous one and the track was pretty good then.I go to Cecils Sat. T&Ts and think the track is preped decent.There are always fast cars there on Saturdays.I'm putting a new converter in my car and won't be ready this coming Sat. and I see that no T&Ts are scheduled on Sat. after that until May 8 so I was thinking about the stallions rental.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

It doesn't look like this one is going to happen anyway...

As of last Thursday, there's only 16 paid racers.

To address the last event's weather/track prep/complaints...
There were several faster/quicker cars (an 8.8x red nitroused Malibu comes to mind immediately) that had little or no problems hooking at Cecil last November, but apologies go out to those who feel like they wasted their money and/or broke their cars. Cecil did let racers race for an extra hour to try to make up for the day's shortcomings, which has never happened before (to us).

I've been racing (off and on) for 30 years and know that whether it be one of my old low 10 second cars, or my big, slow 14 second 4x4, if I am having traction issues where I am spinning and biting on every run (which is brutal on drivetrains), then I'd simply quit and take the $50 loss (racer ticket cost) as opposed to keep tempting fate and almost asking for expensive breakage. You can't really blame the track personnel, or SuperStallions.net, on your adrenaline...

The entire track was sprayed (as it is at every SuperStallion rental) when the rain stopped, which you don't get at most any T&T days, and they continually "tried" to make the starting line better for the people who were having issues hooking. Ironically, most of the cars that broke, were/are members of this forum, which I have already apologized to above, even though I personally had/have no control over the situation.

The racer tickets were sold up until 2 weeks before the event (and sometimes even at the gate), so I am not sure where the complaint of "buying a ticket way in advance" statement comes from. There's normally 200+ racers trying to buy a spot, and always a last minute rush, and for the twice a year 10 year rentals to run as smoothly as they normally do, that really says something about the forum and group of people that host the events. The racer ticket price of $50 ($55 paypal) has never changed since the first one 10 years ago, even though the track rental price has tripled.

Once again, sorry to those who broke their **** on a shitty day, but not every day is a perfect day to drag race...November's rental was a perfect example. Had the same weather happened all morning long for a rental at MIR or Atco, the results would have been the same, without a doubt.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Bob, thanks for the info on the poor ticket sales.I'l plan on going down to Cecil on a Sat. in May.BTW glad to see your still around the forum even though you sold your Camaro.Bruce
Old 03-14-2010, 06:47 PM
9 Second Club

rel3rd, I agree with some of what you said. Well I was racing on the track so I wished I got what I thought I paid for a prepped track. And it wasnt raining otherwise I would not have been racing... And you are correct its was my own stupid fault for taking the chance. And if cecil opened the track for racing it should have been prepped period!!! God if my company I work for operated like that we would have zero business. So be it, if a showered passed and they had to prep it again they opened the track!!! Super Stallions did not get what they paid for and the people who attended did not get what they paid for... I think that shows greatly by the amount of people who paid for the next event knowing these events are usually sold out. So thinking here that I am not alone in my thinking. Selling tickets 2weeks before an event yes I surely can get a well informed forecast. And yep gave cecil props for spraying the 30' at the starting line. What happens 60' beyond the starting line BOOM!!!! I would like to think Atco or MIR may have made a better effort to do something with the track... I missed those 8second cars props to them. Everything fast I seen running was not doing well by any strecth of the imagination.

Super Stallions deserves props for inviting us along. And putting this together. At the same time super stallions should have had something to say about the product they were given. And to me its pretty obvious how the members of super stallions feel about the product they were given by the lack of interest in the april rental IMO... And cecil should have done something for them this year after what they did to them last year. But hey cecil got there money and mine... And for a racetrack which I have been told lost approx 30-40% of their business do to the economy they should have sucked it up and did right with a customer. As with 16 paid racers they appear to have lost some customers.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:24 PM
9 Second Club

yeah it was unfortunate about weather. compared to prep we are used to that place was stellar lol. i had good time anyways. i still picked up about .70 of second over local track and had my new best so i was happy. also ran .2 faster on 60ft.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:27 PM
9 Second Club

yeah it was unfortunate about weather. compared to prep we are used to that place was stellar lol. i had good time anyways. i still picked up about .70 of second over local track and had my new best so i was happy. also ran .2 faster on 60ft.
I lost a rear and laughed my *** off because I knew it was my own stupid fault. I even sat out a while before I went racing that day... That must be a real turd of a track you race at... Which one is that so I never go there.

Never said I didnt have fun.. There were stangers everywhere....
Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 PM
9 Second Club

yeah i think the wheel hop i heard in first couple runs killed it. i made one full NA run. i was hoping for 11.999 that day on motor. ended up 11.53 so i was ecstatic. then got greedy and tried 150 shot for first time. well that didn't fare too well lol.

was cool to go to a new track. would have been awesome to have nice weather that day but we drove 4 hrs so we didn't have much choice.

as for our track is PRP pittsburgh raceway park. we are also 1000-1200 ft above sea level too. cna't remember off top of my head.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikep2002
rel3rd, I agree with some of what you said. Well I was racing on the track so I wished I got what I thought I paid for a prepped track. And it wasnt raining otherwise I would not have been racing....
Mike, It rained/drizzled all morning, and right up until the scheduled start, it was "iffy" if they'd even open, so I'm not sure what Cecil County you were at? lol

In fact, here are your quotes from November's thread, made at 7:30am or so the day of the race:

WOW and LS1tech is alive again. Its kind of wet around here not going anywhere soon think its pretty obvious the start will be delayed.
Just a bit concerned about all the rain and the way water works its way up through asphalt. Have a feeling its going to feel like a friday night in cold weather traction wise.

Lets be careful driving on those not so good street tires on the way down.
Pretty obvious you were aware, and even concerned, about the rain before you even left your house, by what I read above.

Regardless, I'm not going to participate in a pissing match/debate.

Cecil County Dragway has ANYONE who rents the track by the *****. I agree, after having two high dollar rentals a year for the last 10 years, you'd think they'd be more accommodating, but they are not, and never have been. Most of the participants are from either NY/NJ area, or VA area, so Cecil is a central location.

Unfortunately, CECIL (solely) has the decision of whether or not the track opens up. If ONE car makes a pass, it is considered OPEN and at that point it doesn't even matter if the rest of the cars never raced, and the skies opened up with rain, you'd be screwed out of your $50. That's THEIR rules, not SuperStallions. It's no different at most any other track. Thankfully, that didn't happen, but the day was a flop IMHO anyway as nobody wants to "start" racing at 11:30 when it was supposed to start at 9. Many cars had success running down the track, and some didn't. That's also no different than any other track.

FWIW, I do 100% agree that Cecil should make a long time customer happy and not stick a **** in them whenever they can. Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

The number of racers has slowly dwindled over the last few years, which is the only reason I ever even posted the link to race on this site. I'm not going to be ridiculous enough to say that the paid list is down solely to last November's event, but it sure doesn't help an event that already has been declining in participants for at least a few years prior.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Teching In

I remember that! I drove 1hr in the rain on skinnies and m&h slicks. LMAO I don't want to do that again. First time in a LONNNG time that I drove with both hands on the wheel.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned

I remember that! I drove 1hr in the rain on skinnies and m&h slicks. LMAO I don't want to do that again. First time in a LONNNG time that I drove with both hands on the wheel.
I remember that as well..lol
Old 03-15-2010, 06:42 PM
9 Second Club

Yep I called you told you to take your time getting down it was spitting down here. I would have never went to the track on a day like that. And we sat in the parking lot for along time waiting for cecil to do something with the track...