gauging interest forged 346

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Q
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default gauging interest forged 346

***SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD***

Not sure how much 346's are worth anymore...but thinking about selling.

This motor has maybe 5600 miles on it. A couple of oil changes..not due to mileage as it normally just sits in my garage for months on end. It's still in my car running.

This motor was assembled by Westside Performance Machine
Should be around 10.5:1 compression
Lunati Pro-mod 6.125 rods
Lunati Pistons/rings 3.903 -2cc
Stock LS1 crank
ARP main studs
ARP headstuds (6point)
Double roller timing set
TREX cam
Westside/LME 5.3 heads 2.02/1.55 valves Rev dual valve Springs
LS6 oil pump
(No intake, front or rear covers, no accessories ie. waterpump, crank pulley, etc.)
What's a fair price on something like this? $2500???
***SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD***

Last edited by Q; 04-03-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 03-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about right on the price...id set it a lil higher and let them talk you down to 2500
Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default way off!

You are way off man, I'd say about $500 and I'll get it out of your way lol.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by Q

This motor has maybe 5600 miles on it. A couple of oil changes..not due to mileage as it normally just sits in my garage for months on end. It's still in my car running.

Lunati Pistons 3.903
Stock LS1 crank
ARP main studs
ARP headstuds (6point)
Double roller timing set
TREX cam
Westside/LME 5.3 heads 2.02/1.55 valves
LS6 oil pump

I'm definitely interested Q. Hit me up via PM with the cc on the pistons, etc.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Q
TECH Enthusiast

PM's sent
Old 03-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Q

This motor was assembled by Westside Performance Machine
Should be around 10.5:1 compression
Lunati Pistons/rings 3.903 -2cc
Stock LS1 crank
ARP main studs
ARP headstuds (6point)
Double roller timing set
TREX cam
Westside/LME 5.3 heads 2.02/1.55 valves Rev dual valve Springs
LS6 oil pump
(No intake, front or rear covers, no accessories ie. waterpump, crank pulley, etc.)
I need a new engine for my burnt out (bad internals, low oild pressure, let it run dry - shame the f*#K on me for letting this happen) I have a 98 trans am's LS1, are the missing parts you mention ( intake, front & rear covers, no accessories ie. waterpump, crank pulley, & others) ALL going compatible with the ones on my 98 Trans AM LS1 ??? I'd be replacing with yours? what about computer & wiring harness? - can I use your engine for a swap? what it matching up to my stock 4l60e transmission likelty also if possible due to high mileage on the stock 4L60E (142K) ? can/will you including the transmission? (can I assume its an A4 4L60E?
Did your engine start its life as an LS1 or LS_? ?
Any issues with burning / leaking oil, whats oil pressure? when was last time any pressure testing on cylinders was done ? cylinder pressure? any knocking or pinging, was engine professionally dyno tuned recently or ever?
Thanks in advance for your prompt detailed response.
Sorry so many questions and if some are repetative, dont mean to sound adversial, not my agenda just trying to get as much info as possible?
was build happen to be blueprinted? Please confirm these are new forged internals?

Best way to reach me is to text me - i get a ton of sales calls because of the nature of my business that I ignore & can't answer every one of them. Or better yet - email me tom@tsgglobal.com
Tom
Ellenton, FL
941-822-2015

Thanks again for your prompt response, can you also figure shipping cost to zip code 34222 ?

Last edited by bossho; 03-27-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo's - fat fingers
Old 03-27-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bossho
I need a new engine for my burnt out (bad internals, low oild pressure, let it run dry - shame the f*#K on me for letting this happen) I have a 98 trans am's LS1, are the missing parts you mention ( intake, front & rear covers, no accessories ie. waterpump, crank pulley, & others) ALL going compatible with the ones on my 98 Trans AM LS1 ??? I'd be replacing with yours? what about computer & wiring harness? - can I use your engine for a swap? what it matching up to my stock 4l60e transmission likelty also if possible due to high mileage on the stock 4L60E (142K) ? can/will you including the transmission? (can I assume its an A4 4L60E?
Any issues with burning / leaking oil, whats oil pressure? when was last time any pressure testing on cylinders was done ? cylinder pressure? any knocking or pinging, was engine professionally dyno tuned recently or ever?
Sorry so many questions and if some are repetative, dont mean to sound adversial, not my agenda just trying to get as much info as possible?
was build happen to be blueprinted? Please confirm these are new forged internals?

Best way to reach me is to text me - i get a ton of sales calls because of the nature of my business that I ignore & can't answer every one of them. Or better yet - email me tom@tsgglobal.com
Tom
Ellenton, FL
941-822-2015

Thanks again for your prompt response, can you also figure shipping cost to zip code 34222 ?
^^^^^Lol! This sounds alot like the nigerian craigslist ads I get about my parts for sale.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

oh yeah! pm sent with cash in hand! Like I said in my pm, I can help pull it out.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom
Ellenton, FL
941-822-2015

Someone ban this pest
Old 03-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Q
TECH Enthusiast

dgcustomz, you have a pm.

Just to let everyone know...I have one local guy from Kingwood that has shown interest but we can't meet up until I return from a business trip this coming Friday. (He's first in line, then dzcustoms, follow by some guy in spring.) Just my luck...people start showing interest and I have to head out of town.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Q
dgcustomz, you have a pm.

Just to let everyone know...I have one local guy from Kingwood that has shown interest but we can't meet up until I return from a business trip this coming Friday. (He's first in line, then dzcustoms, follow by some guy in spring.) Just my luck...people start showing interest and I have to head out of town.
Hahaha...wow that was fast.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06colorado
Someone ban this pest
damn whats up with the adverserial comments, Im intersted in the engine, was there a question I asked that was offfensive?, maybe I just provided too much info, if the engines still for sale please pm me with answers to the questions your able to answer, if my questions are too detailed and you're unable to answer them all I understand no problem, not a deal breaker just figured I;d ask.

Thanks,

Tom Sullivan
2410 5th Street E
Ellenton, FL 34222
work 941-227-4154
mobile 941-822-2015

PS.....to the fist f*ckers commenting on my questions - mind your own business - sorry your life is so miserable that you have to try to degrade someone interested in this guys engine - and the nigerian comment -I spent 20 years in the armed forces my blood runs redder than you and your entire likely minority familes son. Why the hostility - I don't understand it, unfortunately the ugly face of ignorance still run rampid in this Country - they're called white trash, let me guess you live in a trailer and have 3 babies mommas who your behind on child support with all of them, if not what on this earth could cause so much ugliness & resentment so someone you know absolutely noting abot...sorry to offend you but damn bro - those comments were definitely uncalled for

Last edited by bossho; 03-28-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

DANG

Old 03-28-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

whats the plans after that engine leaves Q?

anything going on with that awesome transmission behind that engine?

hit me up sometime..

Mike
Old 06-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
^^^^^Lol! This sounds alot like the nigerian craigslist ads I get about my parts for sale.
I'm a 12 year American Vet true and blue, never needed public assistance (sounds like the hater poster lives on it) to survive and I am living the american dream, not sure how you in the hell you got that I am a Nigerian idea - that is really insulting and doesnt normally come from soneone with a sound mindi, if your questioning my Patriotism vs. your own you better be talking about all your deployments to Afghan, Iraq and you dint come back to live in a trailer, friends sofa etc. yopu better be able to hold a match or something that holds a nail to my background, I dont think I am better than anyone or race but just to set the record straight Im 100% whiteboy with many decorated veterans in my family tree including myself, also if your still not 100% confident then call me @ 941-822-2015 I have more blue running thru my viens than those of you who posted those negative comments about me. God bless the USA & Ban BP.

Sincerely,

Tom Sullivan
2410 5th Street E
Ellenton, FL, USA
mobile 941-822-2015
work (past 18 years same job paying more Federal taxes than those calling me a flippin Nigerian - my stomach is turning now - thanks ) 941-227-4154

Last edited by bossho; 06-28-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

damn whats up with the adverserial comments, Im intersted in the engine, was there a question I asked that was offfensive?, maybe I just provided too much info, if the engines still for sale please pm me with answers to the questions your able to answer, if my questions are too detailed and you're unable to answer them all I understand no problem, not a deal breaker just figured I;d ask.

Thanks,

Tom Sullivan
2410 5th Street E
Ellenton, FL 34222
work 941-227-4154
mobile 941-822-2015

PS.....to the fist f*ckers commenting on my questions - mind your own business - sorry your life is so miserable that you have to try to degrade someone interested in this guys engine - and the nigerian comment -I spent 20 years in the armed forces my blood runs redder than you and your entire likely minority familes son. Why the hostility - I don't understand it, unfortunately the ugly face of ignorance still run rampid in this Country - they're called white trash, let me guess you live in a trailer and have 3 babies mommas who your behind on child support with all of them, if not what on this earth could cause so much ugliness & resentment so someone you know absolutely noting abot...sorry to offend you but damn bro - those comments were definitely uncalled for
Thanks for the backup im a vet too these ******* must be foreigners with a chip on thier shoulder because the world owes them.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

20 year veteran & 100% whiteboy with more red & blue running thru my veins than you sorry - why all the anger bro?
Old 06-28-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

20 year veteran & 100% whiteboy with more red & blue running thru my veins than you sorry - why all the anger bro?
Damn dude, This was almost 4 months ago. Are you still really butt hurt about this? Wow! I have argued with guys on here before and have met them the next day with no hard feelings. You have alot of anger in you and this must be the way you let it out. For peace sakes, I will apologize so that you can sleep at night because of this thread. I am thankful you have served for this country and I am not taking anything away from that. I have 2 brothers in the military who are in active duty and on their way to afgan, I too signed up for th military and was sent back because of a family violence problem I had as a teenager, I was more than willing and would still be willing to go if they would take me. So here it goes.... I apologize for the nigerian comment and I hope you can sleep again.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Damn dude, This was almost 4 months ago. Are you still really butt hurt about this? Wow! I have argued with guys on here before and have met them the next day with no hard feelings. You have alot of anger in you and this must be the way you let it out. For peace sakes, I will apologize so that you can sleep at night because of this thread. I am thankful you have served for this country and I am not taking anything away from that. I have 2 brothers in the military who are in active duty and on their way to afgan, I too signed up for th military and was sent back because of a family violence problem I had as a teenager, I was more than willing and would still be willing to go if they would take me. So here it goes.... I apologize for the nigerian comment and I hope you can sleep again.
Thank you DGCustomz - apology very much respectfully & sincerely appreciated & accepted - & I have all the respect in the world for your brothers serving this country & your willingness to do the same and their safe return home to their family is in my prayers as well as I'm sure also in the prayers of anyone happening to read this post -my sincere apologies also go out to anyone else I may have offended - hindsight being 20/20 I can see how my response(s) would be taken in an questionable way - really that was not my agenda - sorry - I am definitely not trying to make enemies just friends here and get feedback from those that have more experience than I do to help me with projects I'm working on - life is too short - peace & god bless to anyone I may have offended - respectfully - Tom Sullivan Ellenton, FL USA !

Last edited by bossho; 07-30-2010 at 12:00 AM.