Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best Wash Mitt and Drying Towels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Wash Mitt and Drying Towels?

So I go and wash my car today for the first time after pulling it out of winter storage. I have the armor all orange microfiber mitt for washing and pack of 10 brand new microfiber towels for drying. After I wash and dry my car I look and bam, swirl marks galore! I mean everywhere. On my brand new painted ss spoiler, all over my hood. God damnit. What do you guys use? How the hell do I prevent this? I wish I still had my white car..Red is showing everything.. I am seriously thinking about just getting the mr clean spray wash and dry. I am extremely pissed off right now..I hate swirl marks!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

i feel you man. get a leaf blower
Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PACKERSz28Camaro
So I go and wash my car today for the first time after pulling it out of winter storage. I have the armor all orange microfiber mitt for washing and pack of 10 brand new microfiber towels for drying. After I wash and dry my car I look and bam, swirl marks galore! I mean everywhere. On my brand new painted ss spoiler, all over my hood. God damnit. What do you guys use? How the hell do I prevent this? I wish I still had my white car..Red is showing everything.. I am seriously thinking about just getting the mr clean spray wash and dry. I am extremely pissed off right now..I hate swirl marks!

yeah i got that orange mitt too. i might be getting rid of it now. you would think it would be okay to use since its microfiber.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
yeah i got that orange mitt too. i might be getting rid of it now. you would think it would be okay to use since its microfiber.
i dont think that that mitt is the problem. the problem is more than likely the mf towels. i remember drying my car with some MF towels and like op mentioned swril mark galore. i had to polish my car this past weekend to get rid of them.

i think im just going to start drying it with a leaf blower.

if not i would recommend the absorber or the other knock off that they sale at walmart autodry or something like that.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i had isues with the mf towels too, so i quit using them.

so i went to Home Depot and picked up a 235mph leaf blower. now once i'm done washing the car, i pull it into the garage, close the door (so as not to make the neighbors hate me) and go at it with the leaf blower. once i get a good amount of the liquid off, i just use a chamois to finish up the job. for washing, i use a polishing pad. sounds odd, works perfect.

the Mr Clean auto dry thing works great too. the only reason i haven't used that lately is because i never think about buying the replacement soap and water filter thing. but i still use it to wash the car, beacause i like the way it mixes the soap/water, leaves you with a nice sudsy mixture. i spray the whole car before i actually start so it starts working on the entire car even before i make my way around.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, this is a first.

I have a red car and a pewter car, and use MF towels for drying, using detail spray, removing polish/wax, and you name it.

No swirls here, I usually use the "Plush" side, a bit more soft, only the other side for removing wax and other stuff.

Then again, I pressure wash it more then I hand wash, it's not my DD and stays covered, try another mitt?

Last edited by mischief; 03-16-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Regular

i just dry all my cars with chamois never had any issues.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all your input so far guys! I am really really really thinking about drying with a leaf blower from now on like most of you stated. I'm getting a full detail today or tomorrow and I know I am going to be scared to put any towel over my cars finish after it's finished.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I use a leaf blower right after washing and a good soft drying towel, spray the car with detailing spray when you are drying and finish up with a really soft micro-fiber and detail spray. Below are some example`s of good products, other company`s make quality stuff to. Try www.Autogeek.com.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-56-ad...et-insert.aspx

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-397-a...-wash-pad.aspx

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-106-a...ing-towel.aspx

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-409-a...sh-towels.aspx

http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?...ry=POWERBLOWER

Quick Reply: Best Wash Mitt and Drying Towels?