Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone made their own exhaust with a chambered muff?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone made their own exhaust with a chambered muff?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Stainless-Work...oductId=758762

Something like that? Anyone made an exhaust setup around this muff?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup... I have headers, high-flow cats, and 3" pipe all the way back to Corsa clones. I have a 3" chambered pipe in the I. Sounds great!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe a TSP rumbler exhaust and throw the bullet away that makes that system rasp so bad and weld this in? Thanks man!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the powerstick chambered muffler. Sounds great imo. I put a set on my LT1 camaro in a 2.5" true dual system that sounded amazing....wish I didn't sell that car. I bought the T/A I have now and purchased a new LM2 to replace the flowmaster the previous owner put on it. I hated that thing so much I bought another powerstick chambered muffler and just welded right to the merge of the factory y pipe with a turn down right before the axle. Sounds great for what it is and cruising on the highway its almost as quiet as the factory exhaust. I know they aren't the muffler you had the link but its just something you may not have thought about...
Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

You didnt like the LM2? Why? it was my other choice of exhaust..
Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
You didnt like the LM2? Why? it was my other choice of exhaust..
I wouldn't recomend it, imo. It drones really bad inside the car, its got to be the raspiest exhaust made, and it sounds like a 70 model pickup truck with straight pipes. I hated it. If I had the $ I'd get another gmmg, but I'm about to leave for basic trainning and it will have to wait till I get back....so I just did the next best thing imo. Got another powerstick a just said F!%$ it. If you are wanting a nice catback at a reasonable price, get a hooker or magnaflow. There not a chambered muffler necessarily but they sound good. If $ wasn't an issue I'd tell you to get a GMMG. I had one on my 95 Z, had one on my 94 Z, and when I get home my 99 T/A will have one too, if that tells you anything.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
I wouldn't recomend it, imo. It drones really bad inside the car, its got to be the raspiest exhaust made, and it sounds like a 70 model pickup truck with straight pipes. I hated it. If I had the $ I'd get another gmmg, but I'm about to leave for basic trainning and it will have to wait till I get back....so I just did the next best thing imo. Got another powerstick a just said F!%$ it. If you are wanting a nice catback at a reasonable price, get a hooker or magnaflow. There not a chambered muffler necessarily but they sound good. If $ wasn't an issue I'd tell you to get a GMMG. I had one on my 95 Z, had one on my 94 Z, and when I get home my 99 T/A will have one too, if that tells you anything.

Damnit, really?? Any vids of the LM2? DId you sell it already?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damnit, really?? Any vids of the LM2? DId you sell it already?
No videos of the LM2. It wasn't even on the car 2 weeks. I hated that thing. Was the biggest piece of ****. Yeah, I sold it to a friend who was installing headers and wanted to try it out. Sorry for no videos of the LM, but if you want to hear what the powersticks sound like, search "Pacesetters + 2.5" X Pipe + 20" Powersticks" in the LT1 section. I have like a 2 min video of my old LT1 camaro that had a set of powerstick chambered mufflers on it. They might be something worth looking into for you.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just hated the sound? Was fit and finish on the LM2 crap as well?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just hated the sound? Was fit and finish on the LM2 crap as well?
It sounded horrible and only gets worse as you add mods. Some like it though. Fit and finish was okay. The resonator/muffler hangs kinda low. You can see it hanging down from under the car. The tips I got (dual/dual) were nice but definantly lacking. They look great out of the box but really didn't fill up the space on the bumper. I really didn't have any issues with fitment and the quality was rather nice but it just didn't justify the horrible sound.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 AM
12 Second Club

I had used sweetthunders before. went from a 3 inch Y-3-4inch flo-master merge and had them installed inside some tips out the rear. Now I am using Flo Pros 1 chambers duals exhaust dumped. Switching it up again soon. But liked the sound of the sweet thunders.