Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

GMMG Car Owners... I need your input

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG Car Owners... I need your input

Ok so since I've got my GMMG exhaust installed I am considering taking off my SLP badge and putting a GMMG badge on the rear panel. Now on another site I had a couple people saying that since my car isn't a real GMMG car that it wouldn't be right to do and could be misleading or disrespectful to GMMG cars. Now if you have a car from GMMG would you be offended if you saw a 02 SS with GMMG exhaust having a GMMG badge on the rear? I'm not trying to mislead people into thinking my car is a GMMG car, but rather it would be just showing off what exhaust I have. Thoughts?
Old 03-19-2010, 01:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i honestly dont see it being a big deal, but think about it this way how do you feel when you see someone with a SS hood and spoiler on a Z28??
Old 03-19-2010, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

I don't think that would be a big deal at all. Go enjoy your car. If you want to put it on, put it on.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

your car... do what you want
Old 03-19-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kevin99hoss
i honestly dont see it being a big deal, but think about it this way how do you feel when you see someone with a SS hood and spoiler on a Z28??
I have no problem with people putting SS hoods and spoilers on Z's but I don't like if they make it an SS clone and put SS badges on there. That's why I don't want it to seem like that but it's not like I'm trying to make a Berger or Intimidator clone or something I just want to show off what exhaust I have.

Originally Posted by wake00
I don't think that would be a big deal at all. Go enjoy your car. If you want to put it on, put it on.
Ok thanks I'm glad to hear that from somebody with two GMMG cars. Btw I'll have to look up pics of your cars. Do you have them in the garage?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

People have done it before. You would at least have a GMMG product on your car.

About the SS/Z28 issue. I do frown upon people that replace the Z28 badge with a SS badge. A SLP badge on the back would be fine though (assuming you are using a oem part).
Old 03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
People have done it before. You would at least have a GMMG product on your car.

About the SS/Z28 issue. I do frown upon people that replace the Z28 badge with a SS badge. A SLP badge on the back would be fine though (assuming you are using a oem part).
Yeah I wouldn't care if somebody had SLP loudmouth or some other SLP parts on their car and then put the SLP badge on there, the SS badge is different though imo. I kinda see the GMMG badge as like the SLP badge. Now if I were to put a Berger badge or something on there I could understand people getting upset.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greg_74
Yeah I wouldn't care if somebody had SLP loudmouth or some other SLP parts on their car and then put the SLP badge on there, the SS badge is different though imo. I kinda see the GMMG badge as like the SLP badge. Now if I were to put a Berger badge or something on there I could understand people getting upset.
Well, kind of, SLP sells aftermarket parts to everyone for all kinds of different cars. It is different with GMMG. The only thing they sell to the public is their exhaust. (That I am aware of). They really are in buisness to create the "special" cars. If you wouldn't put a Berger badge on, why would you put on a GMMG? Bergers were made by GMMG. Personally, If I see a GMMG badge on a camaro I am looking for it to be a Berger or Hot Rod or ZL1. I dont think the same with SLP. SLP and GMMG are not the same kind of company. I own both. I dont care either way what you do, but I have to disagree with the statement that a GMMG badge is the same as an SLP.

Last edited by FH212; 03-19-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FH212
Well, kind of, SLP sells aftermarket parts to everyone for all kinds of different cars. It is different with GMMG. The only thing they sell to the public is their exhaust. (That I am aware of). They really are in buisness to create the "special" cars. If you wouldn't put a Berger badge on, why would you put on a GMMG? Bergers were made by GMMG. Personally, If I see a GMMG badge on a camaro I am looking for it to be a Berger or Hot Rod or ZL1. I dont think the same with SLP. SLP and GMMG are not the same kind of company. I own both. I dont care either way what you do, but I have to disagree with the statement that a GMMG badge is the same as an SLP.
Ok so do you think the GMMG badge is trying to mislead people into thinking my car is something that it's not? Because I'm not trying to do that. I've also been told that the GMMG badge comes with the exhaust new. I bought mine used so it didn't come with it, but if it does come with a new catback I look at it as GMMG wanting the person to put the badge on their car.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

I have it on my berger and all I have is the cat-back. I could care less what others think. Most ppl have never heard of GMMG anyway!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greg_74
Ok so do you think the GMMG badge is trying to mislead people into thinking my car is something that it's not? Because I'm not trying to do that. I've also been told that the GMMG badge comes with the exhaust new. I bought mine used so it didn't come with it, but if it does come with a new catback I look at it as GMMG wanting the person to put the badge on their car.
I did not think a badge came with the exhaust.? It would seem to be an expensive badge, the one on my Blackbird is metal and pretty thick. I get what you saying, I had a "friend" that had a Trans am that he put a WS6 emblem on, and it wasn't. I knew a guy that put cobra snake emblem on his GT. That, I dont think is right. But if a badge comes with the exhaust, do it I guess. I just would be suprised it came with it, because its a real nice heavy duty emblem. I can only tell you what I personally think, maybe because I am familiar with GMMG, but if I saw a emblem on your car, I would be looking for it to be a special edition.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I could care less what people think I have the GMMG badge then again I have a few GMMG parts on my car (GMMG Airlid w/ Decal, GMMG Tom Henry Wheels, Tom Henry dash plate, and GMMG chambered exhaust

Now I would never say it's a SS or GMMG car I always tell people it's my 2001 Z/28

BTW back in the day GMMG would give you the GMMG decal w/ the purchase of an exhaust.

Sean
Old 03-19-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default GMMG Car Owners... I need your input

First and Foremost.......................it's your car...............do whatever you want.

I disagree with what some have said. I know a guy who lives in the same area as me and he purchased a GMMG exhaust and got the GMMG sticker with the exhaust and then put it on the back of his car. He has had it at car shows etc. where I have had mine and I have heard people say "there's another one of those GMMG cars". His car is just an SS Camaro with the exhaust. While it's a nice enough car, it is most certainly not a GMMG car. I felt that Matt should have never sent those decals out with his exhaust but he did. While the decal that comes with the exhaust it totally different than the metal GMMG badge that came on mine, "most" people don't notice that.

Anyway...............like I said before................it's your car..................do whatever you want, but it appears to me that you want to at least "create the illusion" that your car is a GMMG car.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
it appears to me that you want to at least "create the illusion" that your car is a GMMG car.
I don't want to do that at all, that's why I made this thread because I don't want to mislead people into thinking that. I just like the look of the badge and want to show what exhaust I have and a lot of the time unless guys are into fourth gens or Camaros they don't even know what GMMG is. If someone were to ask me if it was a GMMG car I'd tell them no it's a SS with GMMG exhaust.

Btw the badge that I'm talking about is $10.42 on gmmg's site so it's probably not as heavy duty as the real one.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Just throw it on there if you want. People that get worked up over these small things have no business in this hobby
Old 03-20-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

I say put the gmmg badge on the back then slap a HUGE gmmg decal on the back window just to rub it in. Its your car man, if you wanna paint it pepto pink with green stripes then so be it. Guess I better go take the berger panel off my 35th so noone mistakes it for a performance edition.

Quick Reply: GMMG Car Owners... I need your input