Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CDT tweeter wire marks to identify polarity?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CDT tweeter wire marks to identify polarity?

Hi guys, both wires coming off of my new CDT tweets are gray and one has a white stripe. There are no other marks that I could see. Is it correct to assume that the white stripe indicates the + wire? That's how I wired them up and they sound pretty damn good! I just want to make sure it's right before I bolt the panels back on.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

hi ummm from kee audio the strip is the negative (-) on the tweeter and the big lug on the mid-bass is the positive,
Old 03-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Is it correct to assume that the white stripe indicates the + wire?
That's correct. My CDT tweeters were connected that way and sound just right.

dochidalgo
Old 03-21-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I'll switch them.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wait, I think I read your reply wrong after I went and looked at it again. Are you saying the stripe is the positive or negative wire?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White stripe is positive.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

kee sent me this Hi Billy,
I already covered part of your question for you in the last PM: "The neg wires have the stripe and the larger lead on the midbass is the positive." Just a refresher...lol!
The speaker kee, now i'm really confused you sent this to me with my cdt's so the stripe IS OR ISN'T the positive. billyb.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry Billy.....my last was wrong as far as the stripe....I meant to say the stripe is pos not neg. The larger lead IS the pos though....at least I told you that right.
SORRY!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

They definitely sound better wired with the white stripe as the positive wire! I will post a full review after I have a chance to listen to them for a bit, it's a huge improvement over blown Monsoon speakers though!

Now I just have to figure out why my driver's side Neo sail is making noise. I think it might be air getting pushed through the opening on bottom where the wires feed through. I'll pull the speaker off the panel and let it play just to make sure it's not something in the suspension, then troubleshoot from there. Fun stuff, I'm just glad to be done with the door panels!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
They definitely sound better wired with the white stripe as the positive wire! I will post a full review after I have a chance to listen to them for a bit, it's a huge improvement over blown Monsoon speakers though!

Now I just have to figure out why my driver's side Neo sail is making noise. I think it might be air getting pushed through the opening on bottom where the wires feed through. I'll pull the speaker off the panel and let it play just to make sure it's not something in the suspension, then troubleshoot from there. Fun stuff, I'm just glad to be done with the door panels!

Yesterday, I was comment the subs rattle issue with Red97LT1. Here is what I told him:

...."The grilles were rattle so I glued them with UHU (all pourpose adhesive) easy to apply and not permanent. I used foam pads (they come with my new PC ASUS motherboard) between the metal sheet and the plastic quarter inner trim finish panel, around the sub speaker.
I've played with the EQ bass levels (the first 2 from left) and found the right position to avoid too much bass.
The metal sheet were the subs are attached is very thin and a friend of mine suggest me to solder a wider metal ring were the subs are attached to add support and decrese the vsheet vibration.....maybe he's right.
I suggest you to play with the EQs and glue the grilles , and add foam pads where I did too"......

Hope this helps
dochidalgo
Old 03-23-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you! I will check into that as well. It is raining today so I might have to wait until things clear up to do some testing. I may also add a small sheet of sound deadener to the panels, these CDT NEOs definitely move a lot and need a stable platform.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok now that I got the polarity questions answered.

Can someone explain to me how these tweeters are suppose to be held in place on the trans am?

Quick Reply: CDT tweeter wire marks to identify polarity?