Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Should I move to a new state?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I move to a new state?

Ok so MS already has a window tint law set at 28% that I don't agree with, but now a bill was sent from senate to the governor that outlaws the use of NOS on public highways. You can have it in your vehicle but if your on a public road it has to be unplugged. The third offense for this will be considered a felony punishable by up to a $5000 fine, no less than one year in jail, and loss of your license for at least 5 years!! W T McF!!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

All states have terrible laws on the books. I was ticketed $300.00 for tinted headlamps and tail lights on my C6 in (South) Florida. I checked the rules which said no alteration of any type can be made to reduce a lights projection/reflectiveness, ticket was legit, I paid the fine. Many laws go unenforced, until some politician or Police Chief decides to make it their personal campaign. I think there are many laws in every state regarding NOS, exhaust loudness (which I think some states define as any modification to factory equipment that increases decibel output), % of window tint, license plate frames and coverings, etc... Basically, you will always be guilty. Why, because the GOV needs your money, they have pissed away the huge windfall from the past 5-6 years, have no idea where it went, and now need you to make up the difference. Remember, Law enforcement is focused on ticketing good citizens for bullshiat, meaningless, harmless violations, while they allow illegals to cripple our economy, chosing not to enforce the immigration laws already on the books.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Veteran

I drive around with numerous illegal things on my car down here and don't ever get messed with... or haven't in a long time anyway. (Knocking on wood) lol

Move to Houston so our V community can flourish...
Old 03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I see u Texas guys havin v meets often. I actually drove 6 hours to Houston to buy my car! If we had a v meet in my town I would be the only one there!

There are noise ordinance laws, mainly for stereos, and laws concerning neon light kits, and many other things but for the most part law enforcement's pretty loose on enforcing them. Like onebadcad said they are always tryin to find some bullshit reason to ticket us so their pockets get fatter!!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

28% holy ****. In NY anything darker than 75% is illegal. It is quite pathetic actually. I end up owing on my state taxes every year and they waste time and money with bullshit laws like this. I guess they need it to keep up the great welfare programs this state offers. To all participating in these programs . rant off
Old 03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Now peeps dont worry Obama will fix everything lol
Old 03-25-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

Just through the bottle in the trunk and build little fiber glass box to cover it or put it in the spare tire well. Just dont give them a reason to search your car!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by onebadcad
All states have terrible laws on the books. I was ticketed $300.00 for tinted headlamps and tail lights on my C6 in (South) Florida. I checked the rules which said no alteration of any type can be made to reduce a lights projection/reflectiveness, ticket was legit, I paid the fine. Many laws go unenforced, until some politician or Police Chief decides to make it their personal campaign. I think there are many laws in every state regarding NOS, exhaust loudness (which I think some states define as any modification to factory equipment that increases decibel output), % of window tint, license plate frames and coverings, etc... Basically, you will always be guilty. Why, because the GOV needs your money, they have pissed away the huge windfall from the past 5-6 years, have no idea where it went, and now need you to make up the difference. Remember, Law enforcement is focused on ticketing good citizens for bullshiat, meaningless, harmless violations, while they allow illegals to cripple our economy, chosing not to enforce the immigration laws already on the books.
Well Said!!
(Especially for a guy that does not get red is the best color for Vs )

Ohh... they get where the money went... bigger government! Along with cushy retirement plans... and they retire with pretty much full salaries and benefits, at 55. We pay for that as we work to 65 and beyond. The feds are no better!!

Our GDP is rapidly increasing to be a higher percentage of government. It doesn't take much common sense to know that is not sustainable. Some one has to generate income/ revenue to have something to pay taxes on.... duhhhh!

Damn... now I am wound up. ;-)
Old 03-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Don't move to Jersey . . . the police have been reduced to "Auxiliary Tax Collectors"

for the politicians, whom are mostly liars . . . no wait . . . I mean lawyers . .

. . no wait . . . I mean liars . . . no wait . . . I mean lawyers . . . no wait . . ., I mean . .

[ .- ... ... ---- --- .-.. . ... ] I mean . . . "rectal apertures" . . .

yeah, that's the ticket!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At least a mayor in your state didnt steal gift cards for the needy and mentally challenged, get convicted and get a plea deal to keep her 85k dollar a year pension for the rest of her life.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D Block
Ok so MS already has a window tint law set at 28% that I don't agree with, but now a bill was sent from senate to the governor that outlaws the use of NOS on public highways. You can have it in your vehicle but if your on a public road it has to be unplugged. The third offense for this will be considered a felony punishable by up to a $5000 fine, no less than one year in jail, and loss of your license for at least 5 years!! W T McF!!
you must mean on the back roads...I see a trooper every 5 feet around Mccomb when im headin to NOL and back...that leg of I-55 through S MS is a nest! I just dont speed anymore through there. Been let go and ticketed too many times.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Veteran

My tint is 5% all around...

We have laws here but most of the cops have better things to do than pull people over for no front plate, tint, exhaust, etc unless your acting stupid and they are looking for a reason to stop you...
Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
My tint is 5% all around...

We have laws here but most of the cops have better things to do than pull people over for no front plate, tint, exhaust, etc unless your acting stupid and they are looking for a reason to stop you...
Thats because tint at least in maryland is an RPO(repair order) which means you have to take it off, and there are no fines. No front plate cannot be contested and is a quick fine.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
you must mean on the back roads...I see a trooper every 5 feet around Mccomb when im headin to NOL and back...that leg of I-55 through S MS is a nest! I just dont speed anymore through there. Been let go and ticketed too many times.
Yeah pretty much from the state line to about copiah county is patrolled pretty heavy. The article i read about this was in the Jackson newspaper the reason for this new law is a trooper was involved in a high speed chase with a vehicle equipped with NOS and the trooper crashed and died so now someone is on a mission. The article i read didn't specify where or what type of public road it occured on. Oh, and i guess only vehicles with NOS can make a trooper chase fast enough to be considered dangerous!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Found it, good read:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...stem_laws.html

Internet is almost as good as big ***** and fast cars, almost,,,
Old 03-26-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

TX is awesome. Plus Dallas has the best V meets in the US.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big reg
28% holy ****. In NY anything darker than 75% is illegal. It is quite pathetic actually. I end up owing on my state taxes every year and they waste time and money with bullshit laws like this. I guess they need it to keep up the great welfare programs this state offers. To all participating in these programs . rant off
Isn't factory 75% and legal tint percentage 70% here in NY? http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html I didn't realize that as of 2007 it's illegal to tint the rear passenger windows also.

I had tint in my 1991 TA which was 5%rear and 35% front for 12 years before a local dude from a little town pull me over and write me a ticket...probably didn't help when I told him that my windows were tinted while he was still in diapers Long story short the judge was going to fine me $125.00 back in 1999 (I'm sure fines have gone up since then)...having to drive through the town to work I traded it in for a Ducati.

My V has 5% in the rear but I changed the fronts to 50% which is dark enough with the sun screen pulled or light enough with it open...now all I need is a front plate....not
Old 03-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madmike9396
Now peeps dont worry Obama will fix everything lol
Found this the other day...want to make em up and put them over all the Obama/Biden stickers left on cars I pass I got a better joke on an email but the picture may offend...lets just say it's Obama as a medicine man...laughed my *** off but it just ain't right to pass those kind of things around...
Attached Thumbnails Should I move to a new state?-obamastickeroncar.jpg  

Quick Reply: Should I move to a new state?