Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Bought a Dana 44 CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bought a Dana 44 CTS-V

My previous 05 V was totaled about 2 weeks ago because some retard with no insurance or lisence in a pos riced out civic rearended me. Well after searching and searching for another vehicle that would fill the void that was left I ran across another 05 just down the street. Picked it up yesterday.

Ported 6L heads
Polished Magnuson
Viper Dana 44 w/ 4.10s
Other little odds and ends, but that's the gyst. Seller was a cool guy that's been in the local car scene for a long time so I felt good about the mods. Work was done by Corvette Shop in San Diego. I haven't had a chance to get all the way under it yet, but I'm interested to see how the Dana is in there. I am VERY happy to be back in a V.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Banned

congrates!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Teching In

That's a sick V...awesome setup on it man! Hey, was your car up at Berli's the other week by any chance? Mine was up there getting fixed. Anyways, congrats and hope to see u around town. You should head up the Cars and Coffee meet in Leander this Sunday.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some launch vids would be nice, as I am sure the Dana 44 can handle all you throw at it.
Congrats!!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by TexVette
My previous 05 V was totaled about 2 weeks ago because some retard with no insurance or lisence in a pos riced out civic rearended me. Well after searching and searching for another vehicle that would fill the void that was left I ran across another 05 just down the street. Picked it up yesterday.

Ported 6L heads
Polished Magnuson
Viper Dana 44 w/ 4.10s
Other little odds and ends, but that's the gyst. Seller was a cool guy that's been in the local car scene for a long time so I felt good about the mods. Work was done by Corvette Shop in San Diego. I haven't had a chance to get all the way under it yet, but I'm interested to see how the Dana is in there. I am VERY happy to be back in a V.
COOL!!!

Someone finally bought that car! It has been on Ebay, here, and god knows where else for sale - and everytime the owner was asked for more photos, they never came.

If I remember right, it also had a custom sound system in it. Am I right, and did you get that also?

Congrats on your new V!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Glad some folks recognize the car. I did not get the sound system with it. Describing the prev owner as an audiophile would not quite do his addiction justice and I just don't need that much audio.

My other car is indeed at Berli's, it's platinum silver. I bought it back from insurance. Over the next 3 months I'm going to part what I don't want to go on the new one. I'll start a parting thread soon, but right now life is very hecktic with the accident, buying a house, finishing up my bachelor studies, and working full time as usual.

As far as pics of the Dana setup I absolutely will get them, but I ask for patience. First, I don't know how to post pics, so I'll probably ask to email them. Secondly, I'm finishing school and have a metric ton of work due very soon so that takes priority. But the point is, they will come soon enough.

Launch vids will take a little longer. Despite having a Dana in there, I'd prefer to have a reliable alternate means of transportation just in case something breaks. I did however, have it in first and because it's wet my foot slipped off the clutch while I was trying to accellerate from a stop on a hill in a dry spot. I'd call it a semi-launch, and it felt solid.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Is this the car you just bought?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...item335b675609

Is it for sale again?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

lol its funny to see the whole evolution of a for sale posting such as this....

"For sale: CTS-V with Dana 44 Rear end..."

Then a month later

"Bought Dana 44 CTS-V"
Old 03-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Justin @ EAD Performance
Is this the car you just bought?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...item335b675609

Is it for sale again?

That's it. Not for sale again for a long while... It's interesting having driven a stock rear vs. this one. I *might* find myself under the new one this weekend for some pics of how it's setup. It's kinda neat since I'll have a stock setup right next to it for comparison/measurments.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexVette
That's it. Not for sale again for a long while... It's interesting having driven a stock rear vs. this one. I *might* find myself under the new one this weekend for some pics of how it's setup. It's kinda neat since I'll have a stock setup right next to it for comparison/measurments.
Why is it still listed on ebay? Did he forget to take it off once you bought it?
Old 03-27-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why sell a car once when you can sell it twice and earn twice as much

Quick Reply: Bought a Dana 44 CTS-V