Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Susp. componets that fit 10bolt and S60?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Susp. componets that fit 10bolt and S60?

I have a 10 bolt now and will get a S60 when it is needed. I'd like to know what rear suspension upgrades could I do know that would help me hook better now , but would also work when I upgrade to a S60 rear. I have looked at many sponcers websites and the data seems unclear. Hopefully some will chime in!
Thanks in advance
Old 03-29-2010, 07:30 AM
TECH Addict

Aftermarket rearends are made to use the same suspension parts as the stock 10 bolt just a suggestion get adj parts so you can put the new rear end where it needs to be. The only thing I think you would need for the S60 is new u-bolts for the sway bar because of the bigger axel tubes.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowec
I have a 10 bolt now and will get a S60 when it is needed. I'd like to know what rear suspension upgrades could I do know that would help me hook better now , but would also work when I upgrade to a S60 rear. I have looked at many sponcers websites and the data seems unclear. Hopefully some will chime in!
Thanks in advance
Hello
The S 60 is a great rear. And maintains the stock locations like the 10 bolt for the control arms and pan hard rod. So if the vehicle is a DD you could even go with a non adjustable Poly/Poly set up to maintain a great ride quality. But if you it sees a good amount of track time I would suggest going with a poly/rod end to hold up better at the track and allow you to center the rear wheel in the wheel well. Seeing how the rod ends are solid they won't break down as fast as the poly bushings (this is only if your vehicle sees the track a few times a month). Below is a link to show you what all styles of LCA and Pan Hard Rods UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...3uf3pguk90p5a6

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-29-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks, I don't really label my car as a dd or a track car. I may no track it for months or I might go every weekend for a while. I have driven it 2.5 hours to the track and ran it. I may drive it everyday or not for a week or two.

How about an adjustable torque arm that will work with a 10 bolt or a S60 ? I do have true duals with a X pipe.

Thanks Brad, I checked that link and I am leaning to those double adj or the poly/roto lower arms. I noticed your pics of your adj torque arm has the duals like mine in the pics so will that fit a s60 as well?

THANKS!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks, I don't really label my car as a dd or a track car. I may no track it for months or I might go every weekend for a while. I have driven it 2.5 hours to the track and ran it. I may drive it everyday or not for a week or two.

How about an adjustable torque arm that will work with a 10 bolt or a S60 ? I do have true duals with a X pipe.

Thanks Brad, I checked that link and I am leaning to those double adj or the poly/roto lower arms. I noticed your pics of your adj torque arm has the duals like mine in the pics so will that fit a s60 as well?

THANKS!
Hello
No Problem! Correct, All of our torque arms that we manufacture will work both on stock and aftermarket rear ends. And for your specific set up I would suggest a full length adjustable torque arm part # (2205) and a relocation cross member (depending on the transmission combo) to maintain no issues with possibly breaking the tail shaft. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-30-2010, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigj2717
Aftermarket rearends are made to use the same suspension parts as the stock 10 bolt just a suggestion get adj parts so you can put the new rear end where it needs to be. The only thing I think you would need for the S60 is new u-bolts for the sway bar because of the bigger axel tubes.
He wouldn't really need the U-bolts either cuz the S60 comes with the sway bar provisions welded on to it so you don't use u-bolts they are screwed on to the axle tube with that kinda half lookin bracket it has. I bought all Spohn rear suspension that worked on the 10 bolt and are now on the S60 on my car. I got the double adj. chromoly lca's, double adj. PHB, pro-series drag sway bar(that has those adj. little arms) and and the pro-series adj. crossmember mounted torque arm. The s60 also came with the relocation brackets welded on to it as well.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:24 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the info guys! my suspension is stock and old and worn. is it the rear lcas that make my rear end feel sloppy and float sidewways feeling when I get on it?

PS I know I should upgrade it all
Old 03-31-2010, 07:23 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the info guys! my suspension is stock and old and worn. is it the rear lcas that make my rear end feel sloppy and float sidewways feeling when I get on it?

PS I know I should upgrade it all
Hello
Yes! If the bushings are shot it would make the vehicle feel like it is floating. Especially if the pan hard bar bushings are shot as well (seeing how the pan hard bar keeps the rear centered under the vehicle). Below is a link to show you what all we have to offer as far as rear end suspension components.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...t52h0cptm2nn13

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-31-2010, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Funny you mention the pan hard cause thats the only upgrades part of my suspension so I don't know how old it is. previous owner mod. I did go outside to check it and this is what it looks like...

I know you cannot tell but I shook it side to side to check for play and quess what?! one of thhe bolts is lose as hell and slopping around in the hole. Nobody likes a sloppy hole. Thanks Brad!!!! awesome job, I will buy from you when I upgrade. Customer service before the sale!!!!!

PS can you ID the red part, what brand is it?
Old 03-31-2010, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

Funny you mention the pan hard cause thats the only upgrades part of my suspension so I don't know how old it is. previous owner mod. I did go outside to check it and this is what it looks like...

I know you cannot tell but I shook it side to side to check for play and quess what?! one of thhe bolts is lose as hell and slopping around in the hole. Nobody likes a sloppy hole. Thanks Brad!!!! awesome job, I will buy from you when I upgrade. Customer service before the sale!!!!!

PS can you ID the red part, what brand is it?
Hello
No Problem! Glad that I could help get the issue solved. Now going by the adjuster I am not 100% sure but it looks like a BMR Fabrications product. And when you are ready for some upgrades. Leave me know and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Brad