Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

sold the TBSS and got me a CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sold the TBSS and got me a CTS-V

yep, we were a little sad driving away, i mean we had the TBSS since like september of 07. and i have spent whole weekends washing, waxing, clay- barring it. i babied it, wouldn't let my wife take it out unless it was great weather. then guess what happens. we pull into the lot to check out the V that i had seen on the internet. i turned off the truck, but then tossed the keys on the seat because my wife and kids didn't want to get out, i start walking away and then everyone started getting out, i turned around to see my wife lock the door and shut it, with her purse in the truck and my keys on the seat. DAMN. THIS IS THE BAD PART. this fvckin retard lady at the part counter thinks shes a genius and has a basket full of keys and says that she is sure one of them will work, she starts trying them and freakin gouges my handle with one of the keys. i flipped out but i didn't want to cuss her out to her face so i walked away almost ripping my hair out. well while i was calming down my wife got them to cut a new key since we were at a chevy dealer. dumbass parts lady.
the funniest part to me is the salesman slipped to us the info that they had a buyer already waiting to buy my tbss, i mean it was loaded with dvd in the headrest and 3ss package and i have heard that the black granite met. is one of the more rare colors. so anyway, they bent over backwards for us in my opinion. they gave me 22.5k for my truck. which was quite a bit more than i owed. and the V wasnt the cheapest i have seen on the net, but it only has 33k miles on it, which was important to me, i mean my TBSS had 36k so even though i went back a couple years, i have less miles, cheaper payment, and better MPG. im a happy camper. sorry i rambled on
Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

Grats and welcome to the club!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats, now more specifics on the V...year...color.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Launching!

its a 2005 and i think the color is the stealth grey, i looked at what colors were available for 2005 and that's the only one that is even close. its a grey/blue mix. no mods done what so ever. only had 32900 miles when i got it. i did a lot of research on here before i got it, because i was going to hold out for a ls2 equipped but i read a lot of people saying they both feel the same in strength. i know they are rated the same but who actually believes GM's ratings. and if i was going to mod it much i would have gotten a ls2 because you can put the new l92 heads on them but I'm not going to do much more than a intake, x-pipe, and tune.
i was driving it around some last night and it is incredibly fast. i dont know how true it is, but it FEELS like it could take a stock ls1 f-bod. i dont want to start any wars, and its been a long time since my camaro was stock, and it didn't stay that way long, so maybe im wrong, but damn she feels fast.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by the jester 812
i was driving it around some last night and it is incredibly fast. i dont know how true it is, but it FEELS like it could take a stock ls1 f-bod.
I would sure hope that any V could take a stock LS1 fbody. The V is making approximately 75 more crank horsepower (400 vs. 325) and with the increase in weight, it still has a better power to weight ratio than any stock fbody.

LS6 CTS-V = power to weight = 400/3850 = 0.1039

LS1 F-Body = power to weight = 325/3411 = 0.0953

Obviously, the higher the number the better. Your V has the advantage if you drive it right.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet. Welcome to the V world.. nice to have another stealthV on the forum..
Old 04-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Banned

welcome. What are your mod plans for the V?
Old 04-11-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Awesome! Welcome to the V world. I looked at TBSS's but the V is superior!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
welcome. What are your mod plans for the V?
i think I'm just gonna make it growl a little more with a magnaflow x-pipe, research some kind of cold air intake, then get a nice dyno tune on it. not much really, that is what i have the camaro for. i was thinking of getting a fast 90/90 on it. whatever i do im not going inside this engine, because it seems like once i crack an engine open, i just cant stop. so if i need more power, it will be maggie'd. but i really think minor bolt-ons will be the limit with this car, its too classy to make all obnoxious.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by the jester 812
i think I'm just gonna make it growl a little more with a magnaflow x-pipe, research some kind of cold air intake, then get a nice dyno tune on it. not much really, that is what i have the camaro for. i was thinking of getting a fast 90/90 on it. whatever i do im not going inside this engine, because it seems like once i crack an engine open, i just cant stop. so if i need more power, it will be maggie'd. but i really think minor bolt-ons will be the limit with this car, its too classy to make all obnoxious.
yaya thats what I said.

First I got a cat back, then headers. Then **** it 50 hp gain from just a cam..... WHY NOT ?

haha enjoy.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Muffler delete is the best mod for sound. Id not waste money on a FAST intake on a stock car your not gonna pick much up at all. Do CAI and long tubes and a dyno tune and be done. Should be trapping in the 112 range with just that. Then just throw a little juice at her and trap 118-120.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats and welcome!!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome man. i am considering selling my silverado ss for a trailblazer ss. i really want imperial blue though and awd. throw up a pic of your old tbss. also was your truck a metallic black?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Muffler delete is the best mod for sound. Id not waste money on a FAST intake on a stock car your not gonna pick much up at all. Do CAI and long tubes and a dyno tune and be done. Should be trapping in the 112 range with just that. Then just throw a little juice at her and trap 118-120.
Agreed!

Quick Reply: sold the TBSS and got me a CTS-V