Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what else do I need for lt install.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what else do I need for lt install.

The car 1998 formula a4 with 3:73's and lm1 catback. Just traded an rc car or unknown brand of stainless long tubes race style off a 99 t/a. What all Will I need to make these work? Do you need two 0'2 extension's or one? What cheap y-pipe work's with lm1 catback?
Old 04-14-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll need O2 extions, new GM exhaust manifold gaskets. Replace your spark plugs and wires if there old. Also you'll need to block off the egr hole in the intake manifold.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need O2 Extensions. Switch your upstream and downstream O2 sensor pins in the PCM.

Last edited by Longshot LCMS; 04-14-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

will regular gm manifold gasket's work?
Old 04-14-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jmofield
will regular gm manifold gasket's work?
Yes, they are a MLS gasket, don't use paper gaskets. Also you're going to need a new Y pipe as well check out texas speeds ORY.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Before you get a Y pipe you need to know which headers you have unless you don't mind modifying the Y.
All Y pipes are not all the same, just as all header collectors are not angled the same once installed.
Look into replacing motor mounts also.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Longshot LCMS
You don't need O2 Extensions. Switch your upstream and downstream O2 sensor pins in the PCM.
Yes i would in this case. A plug and play extension would be a lot easier for 90 percent of people. You'll need a pair, one for each side O2. BUT OP you could do what he said if you feel like playing with wires.

As stated figure out what brand they are before you get a Y or you could have a good exhaust shop fab you one up with a flowmaster merge. Poly motor mounts are a good idea too, you will probably have a banging Y if you don't... I sure did.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gordo78
Yes i would in this case. A plug and play extension would be a lot easier for 90 percent of people. You'll need a pair, one for each side O2. BUT OP you could do what he said if you feel like playing with wires.

As stated figure out what brand they are before you get a Y or you could have a good exhaust shop fab you one up with a flowmaster merge. Poly motor mounts are a good idea too, you will probably have a banging Y if you don't... I sure did.
It's really not as much of a pain in the *** as it sounds. Find a print out of which wire does which in the ecu and swap the pins. Takes 5 minutes, requires no cutting.