Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porting a Fast 90

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Porting a Fast 90

Now I know that porting a fast is a well guarded secret and that a simple mortal shouldn't attempt but I love a challenge. I have a lot of patience and have done alot of carving and freehand woodworking.
From articles that I have read smoothing the transitions while matching the intake to the heads is the point of this process.
So can I at least get pointed in the right direction.
Is the intake smoothed to the finish or is a filler used to get rid of the sanding wheel marks.
Which filler would you use?
Come on Tony let a couple of your secrets out.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

don't use filler...just sand and smooth things out, professionals also remove a lot of material from the whole runner which isn't wise without a flowbench and experience

you can however remove the large wedges in the runners and port match pretty easily...there are several threads on this type of porting and that's how I did mine...might not be as good as what a professional would do but it was free and it entertained me and might have given me a couple more HP than stock to boot
Old 04-18-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a thread a while back,i will see if i can dig it up
Old 04-18-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here ya go.I gained 20 rwhp and have adyno graph in there.The 20 hp gain is from a stock ls6 intake to ported fast.My cam has only 570 lift by the way,so if i had a bigger cam,the gains probably would have been a few more

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...90-intake.html