Looking for a good DD...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good DD...

Well, my WS6 is getting up there in miles, and just recently decided to have everything screw up at once. In the past two weeks, I've had my starter, alternator, and an ABS sensor go out, also at the same time I need new rear LCA's and my TA mount is totally broken. Not to mention a ton of other little things that are breaking. I figure it's about time to get something else to drive around on a daily basis.

So far I've looked at an '08 Acura TL Type-S, '07 BMW 325CI, and other cars like that. I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations or know of anyone selling a good, reliable car. I realize this MIGHT belong in the classifieds, but I was hoping more of you would see it here.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

id stay away from the bmw, or anything german for that matter. while its true they are nice cars, they lose their value in an instant, and parts are CRAZY. i wouldnt say they're any more reliable than a kia. those tl's are nice, my friends sister has one. personally i'd probably go with something from nissan/infiniti. either a g35, 350z, or something like an altima or maxima
Old 04-20-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i'd get that acura over most other import luxury brands. maybe a small lexus
Old 04-20-2010, 11:29 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
id stay away from the bmw, or anything german for that matter. while its true they are nice cars, they lose their value in an instant, and parts are CRAZY. i wouldnt say they're any more reliable than a kia. those tl's are nice, my friends sister has one. personally i'd probably go with something from nissan/infiniti. either a g35, 350z, or something like an altima or maxima
I definitely don't want a G35 or 350Z. I don't want ANYTHING that's really considered a "sports car", because then I'll be inclined to mod it, and I'll be in the same boat. Lol. I just want a nice "luxury" car, and be done with it.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you just said you want a luxury, and not a car that would make you feel obligated to mod, but I personally would love a Cobalt SS/TC as a DD. Great MPG, with some decent pep.

As far as "luxury" cars, a Cadillac CTS would be an inexpensive and comfortable DD. They are reliable, good quality cars that will get you where you need to go comfortably.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Well you just said you want a luxury, and not a car that would make you feel obligated to mod, but I personally would love a Cobalt SS/TC as a DD. Great MPG, with some decent pep.

As far as "luxury" cars, a Cadillac CTS would be an inexpensive and comfortable DD. They are reliable, good quality cars that will get you where you need to go comfortably.
Eh, I was THINKING about a CTS, but I'm 21, and I think I would want something a little more "youthful" looking. I remember my mom's old '04 Deville, and that thing handled like a boat. Haven't driven a NEW Cadillac, so they may have gotten better, but I don't see too many people my age driving a CTS.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

I would be all over a BMW coupe. I thinking about buying a 01+ 330ci.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Eh, I was THINKING about a CTS, but I'm 21, and I think I would want something a little more "youthful" looking. I remember my mom's old '04 Deville, and that thing handled like a boat. Haven't driven a NEW Cadillac, so they may have gotten better, but I don't see too many people my age driving a CTS.
CTS only average around 22mpg even though they are rated @25-26....They handle like a boat also. I wouldnt mind a cts-v though.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, at your age I think the better thing to do is to buy a beater, and invest/save your money to put into a house in a few years or something. But, I don't know your financial situation, and it really isn't any of my business.

I still say Cobalt SS, for a fun/peppy DD. They handle well, are peppy, get great mpg, and are decently comfy.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you, even as we speak my car just left on the flatbed to g-force. I'm thinking maybe another e36 M3, a newer civic SI, acura rsx, or any decent e46 coupe. BMW makes a good car, just have to take care of it.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by whatsa347
I'm in the same boat as you, even as we speak my car just left on the flatbed to g-force. I'm thinking maybe another e36 M3, a newer civic SI, acura rsx, or any decent e46 coupe. BMW makes a good car, just have to take care of it.
lol, tell me about it. My car is either at g-force, or justin's (slow96z) house about half the time. I have a major love/hate relationship with my car. I love it when it's running right, and when **** breaks, I just want to push it into a lake.

Having an F-body is like having a really hot girlfriend who's high maintenance and a huge bitch. You spend a lot of money on her, and think "man, this ***** is great!" But is it really worth her bitching and nagging all the time?

Last edited by Slash8915; 04-20-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Some of you guys just have horrible luck with your Fbodys. My Camaro has been the most reliable car I have owned. The only problems I have ever had are self inflicted besides a window motor going out. In the almost 4 years that I have owned it, the only money spent on my Camaro was for maintenance, upgrades, and parts that I broke beating on the car.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Slash8915
lol, tell me about it. My car is either at g-force, or justin's (slow96z) house about half the time. I have a major love/hate relationship with my car. I love it when it's running right, and when **** breaks, I just want to push it into a lake.

Having an F-body is like having a really hot girlfriend who's high maintenance and a huge bitch. You spend a lot of money on her, and think "man, this ***** is great!" But is it really worth her bitching and nagging all the time?
there isnt anything special about your setup from reading your sig. unless your constantly breaking tranny's and 10 bolts
Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
there isnt anything special about your setup from reading your sig. unless your constantly breaking tranny's and 10 bolts
You're absolutely correct, and THAT'S what pisses me off. I've also gone through 2 10-bolts, had to have my tranny bebuilt, and a ton of other small things. With my current set up, I shouldn't be going through things like this. I could understand if I had a 700rwhp car, but come on...
Old 04-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

maybe u really make 1k hp and dont know it, its the only logical answer

**** sucks tho
Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get a truck, only shitty part is everyone wants to borrow it.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redz_02
Get a truck, only shitty part is everyone wants to borrow it.
+1 My brother let me bother his 2005 sierra, 6" lift and mud tires and everything. I can definetely get used to it
Old 04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
CTS only average around 22mpg even though they are rated @25-26....They handle like a boat also. I wouldnt mind a cts-v though.
The new ones handle better then F-bodies.