Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Killed my first 4L60E :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed my first 4L60E :(

My transmision started sliping right after i raced JONSEY last weekend, we did a dead stop then after that he wanted to do a roll w me and i did one and my transmision started sliping bad i think that the old 100shot put the trany in the grave yard
I just got back to school from taking my car to Higgins Chevrolet in Ironton OH my car still has waranty till May of 2005 thank goodness i hope they will put a new transmison in for me with no questions asked, we took of the nitrous and caped the cut off, and hid the main line so i hope the waranty works................
Old 01-12-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i did the same thing sunday...i started slipping bad in third gear, and by the time i could make it to my friends garage i was running in 2nd gear because it and first are all i have now. dropped the pan to change the tranz fileter and then the fluid. pan was full of metal shavings. my delarship has a 4 month 4500 mile warranty on the car since i bought it in december. i called today and they said that it WAS covered by the warranty, thank god.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

With a cam and headers I doubt they'll warranty the transmission. SOME dealerships will but most won't.

GOOD luck though!

Josh S.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Launching!

I think im geting my car back some time next week, i am trading it in.............
time for a change
Old 01-16-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

welcome to the club, i murdered my first 4L60E (probably not the last but hopefully the last for awhile at least) about 2 months ago. its an f-body, go-fast right of passage unfortunately... kinda like those pesky window motors.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWINK
My transmision started sliping right after i raced JONSEY last weekend, we did a dead stop then after that he wanted to do a roll w me and i did one and my transmision started sliping bad i think that the old 100shot put the trany in the grave yard
I just got back to school from taking my car to Higgins Chevrolet in Ironton OH my car still has waranty till May of 2005 thank goodness i hope they will put a new transmison in for me with no questions asked, we took of the nitrous and caped the cut off, and hid the main line so i hope the waranty works................
So your the car he raced after he put the cam in. They were talkin about it on ky f-bodies.

only thing is they said you sprayed a 150 shot on him.....lol
Old 01-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Default me too

I did some thing similar last summer. I had just reported in to my temp duty sation in Jacksonville North Carolina comming from Pensacola Florida. I was on my way to the store when a mustang pulled up on a roll and pop his clutch slowed down and did it again. I drop it to drive and nail it, I heard a breaking noise as it shifted. I took him even with a premature up shift and we pulled up to the light together. He said nice car lets run them again so I droped it into 2nd to realy hook up locked the converter and launched hard I up shifted and the trany just broke all of 1st and second all I could hear is the motor spining . I stop and find out overdrive is dead 1st 2nd on drive are gone . Took it to the local GM dealer and it sat for 2 weeks for the waranty adjuster to show up, it was worth the wait cause I got a brand new trany gbut I had to wait another week for it to get there on a truck. Sorry for the long story!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by C_B64
So your the car he raced after he put the cam in. They were talkin about it on ky f-bodies.

only thing is they said you sprayed a 150 shot on him.....lol

nope no 150 shot just 100 i could have out ran him w the 75shot..........
Old 01-17-2004, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

lol, Here is the link if ya wanna read.....

http://www.kyfbodies.org/vb/showthre...threadid=12026