Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Uttt oooooooooh

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Uttt oooooooooh

My motor...almost done. Probably one of those setups that "won't work"....(this time it probably won't for real)...but I am staying optimistic....hoping for the best,..expecting the wor....well,...i'm just hoping it all works out. I am so far short a LS2 front cover, pushrods, and an intake manifold,,..as well as airfilters and turbo blankets. Wanted to use an LS2 oil pan but,...may just use my stock C5 pan. So,..almost there. Thanks to my cuz josh for the cam,..which is stupidly large for this... but I am low on the el cash flo soo,..either the motor sits,..or we put it together with what we've got,..and see what doesn't work...or does. Thanks to my boy chris for the motavation and help, assembling it,.. cause lord knows,..100degrees in my stall today with no air ventalation,..I wasn't motivated.

Taken with my phone...

Old 06-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel the same way about my project. Gotta pull my cover to polish and wanna slap a cam in there... only Lord knows what cam I'll get for a song and a dance...

What cam is going in yours? Compared to the Trex, I'm curious to know what you consider to be stupidly large.

My advice is to clean out your C5 oil pan and reuse. I doubt you'll be autoXing the car. Also, get an el cheapo fan from walmart, works for me!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
My motor...almost done. Probably one of those setups that "won't work"....(this time it probably won't for real)...but I am staying optimistic....hoping for the best,..expecting the wor....well,...i'm just hoping it all works out. I am so far short a LS2 front cover, pushrods, and an intake manifold,,..as well as airfilters and turbo blankets. Wanted to use an LS2 oil pan but,...may just use my stock C5 pan. So,..almost there. Thanks to my cuz josh for the cam,..which is stupidly large for this... but I am low on the el cash flo soo,..either the motor sits,..or we put it together with what we've got,..and see what doesn't work...or does. Thanks to my boy chris for the motavation and help, assembling it,.. cause lord knows,..100degrees in my stall today with no air ventalation,..I wasn't motivated.

Taken with my phone...

NICE...bout time homie.

BTW, it was more like 105* yesterday...lol.

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
I feel the same way about my project. Gotta pull my cover to polish and wanna slap a cam in there... only Lord knows what cam I'll get for a song and a dance...

What cam is going in yours? Compared to the Trex, I'm curious to know what you consider to be stupidly large.

My advice is to clean out your C5 oil pan and reuse. I doubt you'll be autoXing the car. Also, get an el cheapo fan from walmart, works for me!
Comapred to the Trex....lol.

The cam he is planning to run was spec'd for a high revving 427 stroker that made 560 rwhp on muscle. Wouldn't be my first choice, but considering the guy who ground the Trak cam couldn't figure out why/how it worked with the old combo, I can understands Jamies new theory that turbo cams are as much of a mystery as anything else...

As for AutoX...I wouldn't be surprised to see him out there....
Old 06-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Jamie, check out the sale thread I have on cams.

I've got a Vengeance VRX5 clone on a 114 you may like. Maybe a deal can be worked.

Good luck man.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice bro. Glad to see things coming together for ya. Can't wait until its done and in the car. 1200+ hp here we come !!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hows it going Josh?.. Camshaft is pretty much an MTI X1 lunnati camshaft. It's not too crazy but, it is something that is designed for more cubes, like mike brought out. I'm not quite sure how it'll work out but,...I honestly think no matter what, one way or the other, it is going to work,..somewhere in the powerband . So,.. we'll see. It's kinda small cubes for the cam but,...it was the right price(free)....not to mention my motor looks better with a set of cylinder heads torqued down on it,...cam gear in place.

I cleaned out the pan months ago in our shop hot tank. things badass...my pan looks pretty much like new. Plus its already plummed for drains. We'll see on money over the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
NICE...bout time homie.

BTW, it was more like 105* yesterday...lol.

Comapred to the Trex....lol.

The cam he is planning to run was spec'd for a high revving 427 stroker that made 560 rwhp on muscle. Wouldn't be my first choice, but considering the guy who ground the Trak cam couldn't figure out why/how it worked with the old combo, I can understands Jamies new theory that turbo cams are as much of a mystery as anything else...

As for AutoX...I wouldn't be surprised to see him out there....

....I like the odd ball setups,...somewhat,..underdawgish... either I have no idea what I am talking about,..or we'll all be genius's when this is all over. lol. not likely. lol. Atleast we have fun though right?.... can't say we don't have a laugh building this ****. Good times,.. should be getting better soon bro,.. time to mate the cradles to the body pretty soon.

Jamie, check out the sale thread I have on cams.

I've got a Vengeance VRX5 clone on a 114 you may like. Maybe a deal can be worked.

Good luck man.

I'm not familar with the cams but, I'll check out your post hommie. Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Very nice bro. Glad to see things coming together for ya. Can't wait until its done and in the car. 1200+ hp here we come !!

Here we come baby!!! WOOO!! KENNY POWERS!!

Thanks bro.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Banned

I just noticed some digits stamped on the block pad kinda like the old Corvettes. Theft worries?

Last edited by ~JOSHUA; 06-19-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Added some moo moo
Old 06-19-2010, 06:39 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good dude, get it going. Your FRC is legit.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just noticed some digits stamped on the block pad kinda like the old Corvettes. Theft worries?

The motor came out of a car that wasn't supposed to be coming out. It was a modded GTO, that was in a near fatal accident for its passangers. Car was totalled. I gave them a stock motor,...I took the modded motor and traded for hours of labor on another project. So,..the motor was my fee so to speak.

6.0 LS2, stock crank, eagle rods, diamond pistons. All studded. That would pretty much make my car a "used parts" ***** after this,..since the majority of my parts,..have always been from traded labor,..and things of such. Except for a few key parts that are new,..lol,..everything has been pre tested. The block, has very low miles on it....my TFS heads are brand new.

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Looks good dude, get it going. Your FRC is legit.

Thanks alot man,..I do appreciate that. Getting on it broham. Gonna try and work hard over the next few weeks to aquire the rest of the parts,..and get it back in the car.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is that a 4.8?
Old 06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Is that a 4.8?
LS2....6.0

Twin 67s on a 4.8 might be fun though, lol!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Is that a 4.8?
vortec V6 baby FTW

LS2....6.0

I'd be willing to try that. One of these days,..when I get a chevy truck to daily,... single or twins.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice look'n motor. This heat sure does take it out of ya. I'va always thought Florida was a good place to retire to, but I'm starting to re-think it.

Maybe just rent or buy a condo down their for the winter months.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
Nice look'n motor. This heat sure does take it out of ya. I'va always thought Florida was a good place to retire to, but I'm starting to re-think it.

But then we'll have to call you a snow bird and make you stay on Hollywood Beach...lol.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dude,...you stand in my bay,..stand there,..your ***** will be sweating in 2min, 30 sec. It is nasty in my bay,...outter shop bays in our place,..have a breeze blowing through. Me,..dead heat.

But then we'll have to call you a snow bird and make you stay on Hollywood Beach...lol.

I don't think he's weird enough for hollywood beach hommie.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Looking good, you running/gonna run a Vac pump?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Snow Bird, yes.... Hollwodd Beach

Dude,...you stand in my bay,..stand there,..your ***** will be sweating in 2min, 30 sec. It is nasty in my bay,...outter shop bays in our place,..have a breeze blowing through. Me,..dead heat.

I don't think he's weird enough for hollywood beach hommie.
Thanks Jamie

I know where you're coming from about the humidity and no breeze. The dew index has been in the high 70 + percent up here and it has been murder.

Worked on my Bro's Miata over the weekend doing a complete brake overhaul as he runs it on HPDE's. I can't tell ya how many bottles of water and gatorade that we drank during the job. I thought I was going to float away.

Luckily this week I'm up in Boston and there is a nice breeze and much lower humidity levels.

My Bro has been talking about moving to Gainesville in a couple of years when he retires from his government job at the age of 55. His wifes parent live in Ocala.

Your project motor looks good and I can't wait to see it all back together.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
Looking good, you running/gonna run a Vac pump?

I wish man. At the moment, I am not. Not sure where I would put it on my setup,.. alternator is switched to passenger side,..pwr steering tank on drivers.. ac on bottom pass,... I dunno where to put one on this setup. I haven't spent hours looking but,..I dunno off the top of my head to shoehorn one in there.

Ideas'?

Snow Bird, yes.... Hollwodd Beach

Thanks Jamie

I know where you're coming from about the humidity and no breeze. The dew index has been in the high 70 + percent up here and it has been murder.

Worked on my Bro's Miata over the weekend doing a complete brake overhaul as he runs it on HPDE's. I can't tell ya how many bottles of water and gatorade that we drank during the job. I thought I was going to float away.

Luckily this week I'm up in Boston and there is a nice breeze and much lower humidity levels.

My Bro has been talking about moving to Gainesville in a couple of years when he retires from his government job at the age of 55. His wifes parent live in Ocala.

Your project motor looks good and I can't wait to see it all back together.

I feel you. Been slamming haterades and water myself. Gonna try and finalize the vette motor by next week if all goes well. Thanks man,... i will keep you posted. We also have a miata in the family.... I have been trying to get them to let me throw a turbo kit on it but,.. nobody has the spare cash for a car that gets driven once in a blue moon. Fun cars,.. one of the funnest car I have driven,..was a stock miata with single turbo, and springs. Thats it.... it felt like a heads and cam corvette.

Fun stuff. Spare parts?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Flip it and run a pulley extension of the crank pulley?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

vortec V6 baby FTW

LS2....6.0

I'd be willing to try that. One of these days,..when I get a chevy truck to daily,... single or twins.
Come on...I would hope a MOD would know what an LS2 is! OUCH...

Where are the video's? NO ROOF video mounting this time, please!

Quick Reply: Uttt oooooooooh