Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

help. i need to find this problem. ok im driving normal everything is fine. then all of a sudden my car starts to backfire and bog real bad. ok no power at all when it does this and some times i can floor it and it will go back to working fine then if i let go of the throttle it will go back to bogging. i got it scanned and i got these codes.

p0123
p0132
p0135
p0155
p0405
p0481
p0132
p0140
p0160

if anyone can give me any clue to why it is doing this please i will try anything. it is a head/cam car with lt headers uncoated. it was not doing this until recently though. please any suggestions on where to start will help.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:36 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like your TP sensor is bad or unpluged, and the same for your O2 sensors. Also problems with the EGR position and cooling fan circuit. That's a lot of unrelated problems, might want to make sure the PCM connectors are plugged in well and no wire harnesses have been severed or cut into. Maybe a wire bundle is getting melted on the headers . . . Is there something else you haven't told us?

Last edited by Cal; 01-16-2004 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Also look for maintenance and obvious mechanical problems - what CAL said plus more - uh, what KIND of car, mods, model year, mileage, usage,.......................
Old 01-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Launching!

98 camaro
forged 346 3000 miles
tea s1.5 heads
tr230/224
hooker lt uncoated
ls6 intake
i removed the egr and left it unplugged do u think that has anything to do with it. also like i said it just started to happen one day and it only happens sometimes.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Hmmm, you have MANY mods, and "left it unplugged"....

Are you sure you haven'tmistaken this car for a 1965 Chevy?

Do you even have a clue as to the function of the PCM?

Not being mean, but come on, do some research or pay a pro to do it right!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lot of sensors to go bad at once. Maybe a fuse out?
Dunno if there's a common point of failure but that
seems like a possibility.

Unplugged EGR could be a major vacuum leak, or a
source of excess oxygen in the exhaust, depending
on where it is "unplugged". The former would make
lean at low throttle; the latter, rich by feedback error.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Hey Emarky Its People Like U U Smart *** That Push People Away From This Site. I Am The One That Built The Motor And I Built The T-56 Behind Dont Lecture Me About Letting A Pro Do It ***.if U Have Nothing Helpful To Say Stay Out Of The Thread. Even Pros See New Stuff Everyday. Even Pros Ask Questions Asswipe. I Dont Care How Good U Get U Will Never Know Everything Unless We Are U Who Knows It All. Get A Life Dipshit And To All The Other People That Are Actually Trying To Help. I Really Appreciate It. That Is Why I Come To This Site Because Most People Are Helpful But U Get Ur Occasional Smart *** So To All Those Helpful And Big Texas "thank Ya"
Old 01-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Launching!

The Egr Is Not Unplugged From The Exhaust I Have That Blocked Off With Some Block Off Plates That Came With My Headers. The Electrical Connector That Goes To The Egr On The Right Side Of The Intake. I Unplugged The Electrical Connector.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:08 AM
Teching In

Sorry, but from your first post you seemed like a clueless noob - My fault for assuming, but YOUR fault for not explaning in detail!!!!

And, so it seems, by your intelligent and well thought out rant, I presume you know more than I, so enough said, and, to quote a famous philosopher of the last century:

"Well, Whatever, Nevermind...." K. Cobain

Have a nice day!

MRK
Old 01-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Many times when you have several electrical problems all at once that seem unrelated, the cause turns out to be a bad ground connection somewhere in the system. I'd start with the neg. battery terminal and then systematicaly check out each place where a wire ties in to the frame. Make sure the battery has a good charge on it as well and is putting out enough voltage. If all this checks out you could even have a bad PCM.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:26 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by roguevegals1
98 camaro
forged 346 3000 miles
tea s1.5 heads
tr230/224
hooker lt uncoated
ls6 intake
i removed the egr and left it unplugged do u think that has anything to do with it. also like i said it just started to happen one day and it only happens sometimes.
I think the EGR related codes are becasue you uhooked the EGR; you need to get that edited out with LS1edit. It can be a delayed reaction like that. But the other problems are unrelated.