Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update on the 98 mustang LSx with T56

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on the 98 mustang LSx with T56

Just a little update on my setup. Today I spent the entire day changing to a hydaulic clutch, GM throttle cable, building the tranny crossmember, and installing the drive shaft. A couple things that I found out that might be useful to others are:

-The GM truck thottle cable fit in a worked perfectly with some slight modification. I cut the bracket by the thottle body and installed it under 2 intake manifold bolts. The pedal side has a little stopper to hold the plastic pedal clip on the cable, I cut this off parallel to the cable and moved it to the stopper that is about 5" from the end, and the cable clicked into the fire wall, and works perfectly. (1 hour)

-I used a wilwood 7/8" Master cylinder, but found a quick way to modify (with a piece of flat metal and threaded rod) your mustang clutch assembly to power a hydraulic clutch. (4 hours)

-A turbo 400 tranny bracket will bolt on the tranny and gives a great starting point to build a custom crossmember. (2 hours)

oh yah, and PULL THE DRIVERS SEAT!!! lol

I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow sometime. My DriveShaft came from DPI in Calgary here, took 1 day to make and is 3.5" aluminum

-Garrett
Old 11-22-2010, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you elaborate on the clutch setup? pics of your quick way

"-I used a wilwood 7/8" Master cylinder, but found a quick way to modify (with a piece of flat metal and threaded rod) your mustang clutch assembly to power a hydraulic clutch. (4 hours)"

Last edited by 72Elkytpi; 11-27-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 72Elkytpi
can you elaborate on the clutch setup?
Yes, I would like to know too.