Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Fast 90/90 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 90/90 ?

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and looking for some tips. I have a 2000C5 and recently purchased a fast 90 intake and 90 TB. Just wondering if anyone on here has done this install?
Thanks!!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

There are a ton of people on here that have that setup. I would go to ls1howto.com and there are step by step instructions on there.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:06 PM

Thanks Devious, I'll check that out! Sweet Vette by the way!!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by devious
There are a ton of people on here that have that setup. I would go to ls1howto.com and there are step by step instructions on there.
What kid of rwhp u pulling with your set up?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty simple install. Just make sure you've got the valley cover bolts that are the button head cap screw style (the ones that come with the FAST intake). The stock bolt heads are a little too tall and you risk cracking the bottom of the intake using them. Only other pointer is to make sure you follow the recommended torque sequence. What TB did you go with?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You will need to re tune as well.

Some very good airflow changes with the intake & TB.

The TB should be rescaled.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Red99TA
Pretty simple install. Just make sure you've got the valley cover bolts that are the button head cap screw style (the ones that come with the FAST intake). The stock bolt heads are a little too tall and you risk cracking the bottom of the intake using them. Only other pointer is to make sure you follow the recommended torque sequence. What TB did you go with?
I've got the valley bolts coming...The intake came with the fast 90 TB which is new. So any idea if I need the coolant crossover tube for this?
Thanks Red 99! Anyone know what the torque specs are??
Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by toddsy2k
I've got the valley bolts coming...The intake came with the fast 90 TB which is new. So any idea if I need the coolant crossover tube for this?
Thanks Red 99! Anyone know what the torque specs are??
I guess I didn't realize FAST made an electronic TB for the vette. I was under the impression most guys were using the LS2 TB or something similar and using a wiring adapter to get it to work.

Torque spec and sequence is here:
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=5
Old 06-28-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Red99TA
I guess I didn't realize FAST made an electronic TB for the vette. I was under the impression most guys were using the LS2 TB or something similar and using a wiring adapter to get it to work.

Torque spec and sequence is here:
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=5
Actually Red99, you are correct..my mistake....the TB is a 90mmTPIS, but I have seen guys using the ls2 with adapter...
Old 06-28-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like that TB won't need a wiring adapter kit (it's an LS1/6 style). You may need to mount your motor/TPS on it (the picture I found shows it bare). So as long as the TB bolts up to the FAST you should be OK from a mounting/wiring standpoint. You will still need some tuning done to get it to at least idle correctly (and the tuner will probably want to tweak the whole tune some). If the engine is modded (heads, cam, etc) I would move to an 85mm MAF to go along with this setup.

Last edited by 99C5JA; 06-28-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you end up running the ls2 t/b you need the caspers wiring harness, also it is a very easy swap.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002camaroSS
If you end up running the ls2 t/b you need the caspers wiring harness, also it is a very easy swap.
Agreed. I just bought the connector online, cut my old connector off and spliced the required wires. I also went to speed density to get rid of my MAF which required me to buy and wire up a seperate IAT sensor since it was integral with my Z06 MAF. Overall very easy.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:18 AM

It looks like the TPI TB will hook up fine. I have a high flow MAS, my next plan is to add a set of 243 heads and longtube headers..Now I just had a guy tell me that the fast intakes are junk and tend to leak and warp, anyone else have problems with this or know anyone who has? I'm also thinking of camming the engine and wonder what others are running for cams?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Launching!

It looks like the TPI TB will hook up fine. I have a high flow MAS, my next plan is to add a set of 243 heads and longtube headers..Now I just had a guy tell me that the fast intakes are junk and tend to leak and warp, anyone else have problems with this or know anyone who has? I'm also thinking of camming the engine and wonder what others are running for cams?
That is bull just dont over do the bolts when you bolt it down to the heads. And dont go over 16psi of boost with the intake to be safe.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:58 PM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Now would this guy happen to be a friend of the sister who's uncle that knew the friend of the guy's aunt who's boy friend actually had the problem?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No problems with my FAST. Also you'd be much further ahead saving up and buying ported factory castings over a set of stock 243's.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by 99C5JA
No problems with my FAST. Also you'd be much further ahead saving up and buying ported factory castings over a set of stock 243's.
That's a good idea about the heads...99C5, did you notice any gains after the 90 fast install? Any loss of low end torque?
Old 06-29-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a good idea about the heads...99C5, did you notice any gains after the 90 fast install? Any loss of low end torque?
I don't know how it is in Wisconsin, but here in IA finding a dyno isn't easy. The gents that run the WS6Store (among other things) are opening a full featured speed shop in Des Moines (Norwalk). I'm planning on dynoing the car once I get done tuning it. So I don't have any #'s to give.

Subjectively the car felt stronger in the mid to upper RPM. If there was a loss on the low end, I didn't notice it. On a stock C5 the 90/90 won't equate to a huge gain. But since you are already looking at heads and cam, it will pay off down the road.

Quick Reply: Fast 90/90 ?