Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member from NW Ohio and first F-body.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from NW Ohio and first F-body.

Hey. I go by the handle Zabo (long story of which I won't bore you with the details) and recently picked up a gem of a Trans Am at a local Ford dealership. Poor sap traded it in on a 5.0; his loss my gain.

I'm an FAA A&P mechanic in training (testing phase now) so hopefully once I get all the red tape out of the way the bone stock Maple Red BBS Hurst car I've fallen in love with won't stay bone stock for long.

Just shy of 30K miles means the fun is just beginning for this F-Body beginner.

Also, obligatory "best shot I have" of said Trans Am.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:53 AM
9 Second Club

Wow, low miles. Very nice. You'll see that when done right, these cars are wicked.

Oh, and welcome!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Welcome! Beautiful color! Hope to see you around town soon!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone linked me this thread from another one that discusses mpl red ta's, Dammit you beat me bye one hour on this car
Old 12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jamin
someone linked me this thread from another one that discusses mpl red ta's, Dammit you beat me bye one hour on this car
Why, you called the dealership the same day about it?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

yep, I forget what they said either you just left with it or just left a deposit, and the guy told me literally, I was the first to call on it but himmed and hawed a little bit, it was a rad time for me to buy it, (start of boat season) finally my wife talked me into just do and worry about the rest later thats when I called back and the said you just missed it, I was sick over it, let me know if you need out of it lol
Old 12-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jamin
yep, I forget what they said either you just left with it or just left a deposit, and the guy told me literally, I was the first to call on it but himmed and hawed a little bit, it was a rad time for me to buy it, (start of boat season) finally my wife talked me into just do and worry about the rest later thats when I called back and the said you just missed it, I was sick over it, let me know if you need out of it lol
Yeah, if you called around 6ish on June 28 or so I did 'just leave with it'. I put a deposit to hold it and he pulled it off the lot into the service center. Ended up changing the oil on it and other that that got the keys a week later. Just parked her actually, needs a bath though. Zero rust aside from some condensation induced oxidation on under-painted portions of the floors

However, when they said mint non smoker it was BS. Hit on the left side and still wanders a bit. Still has a dimple on the fender from a half assed attempt on lining up and mounting the thing. The guy never took care of it, let it sit rather than put it on stands or put stabil in the tank and would have really made the trip back to NY rough (rotors were shot due to warp but the factory pads still had 1/3 left on 'em). It had the same fluids they put in the car at the factory. Also blew a Pinion Seal at 32K miles. I'm still digging out crust and gunk from the car and so far have 35,400 on it now.

Leather is so dry on it from improper care that I'm probably going to reupolster the thing too. Needs new Door panels too since both cracked. Bad sail panel woofer now. Also the deck lid is delaminating so you would have (instead of me using my wallet) had the rear deck and wing stripped, filled, and resprayed.

Just rife with little headache things, but she did clean up nice. Took CAGS out of it with a tuner program and out of the box she dyno'd 303 at the wheels with injector cleaner in the tank and dirty cats. Looking at eventually restoring her with stock parts and parking her once I get a decent DD (Looking at used LS Camaros right now).
Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

well you just made me feel better about not getting it thats for sure lol, nice to hear your keeping her as org as possible, me personally I think I would just ad some ws6 wheels, they look hot on the mpl red
Old 12-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

I actually was in talks with a buddy of mine who has a spare set of Firehawks that came with his Comp T/A. Probably going to use those (since IIRC they're 275s) in the summer and keep the stockers for winter since lo and behold a week into owning it I washed the wheels and found acid etching on all 4.

Shes probably going to end up with a Raptor hood some day or Shaker if I can find more info on the conversion kits. WS6 hoods are too cluttered for my tastes and I don't recall ever seeing a Maple Red with a Raptor setup.