Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New From Kansas City

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New From Kansas City

well im new

i currently don't own a camaro my dad used to own a 3rd gen camaro z28 with the L69. but yeah the real reason i came on here is too really ask for advice. i have found a 2001 camaro z28 with a 6 speed ttops and it has 126,000 miles on it. the place is asking 9 g's for it but he said we can work a deal. basically i am NOT paying no 9 g's for that car with that many miles.

but do you guys think that is high mileage for an 01 camaro??

i am really debating this because i have been a proud honda owner three times so i love imports as well but im not a hater by any means i always had a love for camaros specifically.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Welcome
Its not an 'unreasonable ' amount of money for 01 depending on what kinda shape it is in. Miles on the car are one thing, abuse is another. If its at a dealership, they usually price things a bit high and are somewhat flexible on price.
Keep us posted.
--Glenn
Old 07-08-2010, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Double post
--Glenn
Old 07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome. i am in overland park kansas. where in kc is this camaro?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000***camaro***ss
welcome. i am in overland park kansas. where in kc is this camaro?
its in north kansas city.... and the car look very clean but i could only see pics. i went to see it yesterday but the guy said they were doing maintenance on it, so im going to go check it out after i get outta school. but the car IMO does have high mileage especially since the myth goes that american cars arent very high mileage friendly an this is from a honda guy so juss give me a break.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kc-hoodsta
its in north kansas city.... and the car look very clean but i could only see pics. i went to see it yesterday but the guy said they were doing maintenance on it, so im going to go check it out after i get outta school. but the car IMO does have high mileage especially since the myth goes that american cars arent very high mileage friendly an this is from a honda guy so juss give me a break.
do you have a link to it?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000***camaro***ss
do you have a link to it?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/1828286122.html

here it is i hope you dont try and buy it or something lol.

i went to check it out and they said they were still having it maintained. they said it has an exhaust leak and that it was being fixed.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Pics make it look well enough. I think I'll pick it up tomorrow......

Jus playin.....
Old 07-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dogsofjune
Pics make it look well enough. I think I'll pick it up tomorrow......

Jus playin.....

lol

even if you wanted too i gave the guy a deposit so he's holding it.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Good luck with the purchase.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/1828286122.html

here it is i hope you dont try and buy it or something lol.

i went to check it out and they said they were still having it maintained. they said it has an exhaust leak and that it was being fixed.
yeah already have my own car dont worry. and the pics make it look like a clean car. gl with the sale
Old 07-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

but do you guys think thats alot of miles for that car????
Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

ok so i came back from test driving it. and well ive never driven an american muscle car before and i LOVED IT!!!!....im convinced that im gonna get a camaro/trans am. but there were some things that concerned me like when i was driving the transmission would be kinda hard to go into 2nd gear it has a short throw shifter. but i would try hard to get it in and it wouldn't go then i would mess with it and then it would slip in.

another thing i noticed was while i was driving i could hear some grinding noise in the rear passenger side like it sounded something brake related. i would drive and when i would start to slow down and step on the brakes it felt like the tire had a ball in it(if youve ever had a ball in your tire it feels like it goes over it every rotation).

the interior has little things missing like the small panel on the driver side door(little triangular piece)

the windows used to be tinted and in missouri cars are inspected and if the tint is too much they take it off well thats what they did and they just ripped it off and it looks bad(not a big deal IMO but just stating)

and what i was concerned most with is that i saw some oil around where the valve cover gaskets are at. i mean the gaskets look good but i just saw some oil(looked a bit old) around that area.

oh and i forgot to mention

IT HAS VETTE RIMS AND A $3000 SOUND SYSTEM!!! :]
Old 07-10-2010, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

ok so i came back from test driving it. and well ive never driven an american muscle car before and i LOVED IT!!!!....im convinced that im gonna get a camaro/trans am. but there were some things that concerned me like when i was driving the transmission would be kinda hard to go into 2nd gear it has a short throw shifter. but i would try hard to get it in and it wouldn't go then i would mess with it and then it would slip in.

another thing i noticed was while i was driving i could hear some grinding noise in the rear passenger side like it sounded something brake related. i would drive and when i would start to slow down and step on the brakes it felt like the tire had a ball in it(if youve ever had a ball in your tire it feels like it goes over it every rotation).

the interior has little things missing like the small panel on the driver side door(little triangular piece)

the windows used to be tinted and in missouri cars are inspected and if the tint is too much they take it off well thats what they did and they just ripped it off and it looks bad(not a big deal IMO but just stating)

and what i was concerned most with is that i saw some oil around where the valve cover gaskets are at. i mean the gaskets look good but i just saw some oil(looked a bit old) around that area.

oh and i forgot to mention

IT HAS VETTE RIMS AND A $3000 SOUND SYSTEM!!! :]
how much are you going to offer?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

If it's as you describe...I'd have a hard time paying over $6k for it. And I highly doubt the previous owner would spend $3k on a sound system and just leave it in the car. That's just extra weight to slow you down, anyway.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by evo462
If it's as you describe...I'd have a hard time paying over $6k for it. And I highly doubt the previous owner would spend $3k on a sound system and just leave it in the car. That's just extra weight to slow you down, anyway.

yeah man im gonna have to agree with you. i mean the guy told me he is flexible on the price but how much unless i get it for 4 g's or something lol then im not messing with it. the car has had 4 owners also so im curious as to why they have let it go so many times.

the gasket thing really didn't bother me as much,what really bothered me was the transmission. because like i said it would be hard to get it into 2nd gear.

so im going to take my time and do this right i want a clean 98-02 camaro for around 7K to 8K with not tooooo many miles 110,000 sounds okay.