Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing reverse

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing reverse

I had turned a corner and got onto the throttle... I was starting to lose power in my transmission, mostly in second. When I got to work I got to looking and nothing was wrong visually. Now my truck makes a winding sound and has no reverse. My truck is a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 package. The transmission is a 4L60E that has been modified with a larger hydraulic port to pass the fluid through and has Z06 servers. It hesitates still shifting from 2nd and reverse doesn't work at all. What could be the possible problem to look for. I have hooked my Diablo Predator up but not sure if it is electronic.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Launching!

It sounds like the sunshell.It probably is going 1st to 3rd with no 2nd or 4th or reverse.What are Z06 servers?Do you mean a corvette servo?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:53 PM

Yea sorry I have been so frustrated trying to figure this out. I don't really do much with transmissions and no one can even figure it out. The start of the problem was it would skip or not shift from 2 and now all of this. Could you help me to better diagnose the problem so I can figure out how much and what would have to go into getting if fixed and done right?
Old 07-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Teching In

The problem is that sunshell without a doubt. I love GM and i work at a chevy dealer and i cant tell how many times i see them go out. The splines strip out. There a massive piece of ****. Any trans shop should have at least two in stock. There that big of a problem. Its number 68 in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails Missing reverse-untitled.jpg  
Old 07-17-2010, 01:25 PM

I need to work on my aswell, no reverse, I was told to rebuild my auto or swap a m6 in.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:09 AM

Just to have that replaced with no rebuild looks like it is going to be hard. I am guessing expensive too. Does anyone no a good place in NC near Camp lejeune that would do that for a good price? Normally me and a buddy do all the work on the truck but transmission work we don't mess with.