Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB cam has play in it; repair or replace?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default TB cam has play in it; repair or replace?

My BlueMaxx 92mm TB I bought from Vengeance Racing maybe two years ago (because they told me that they had the NW models in stock, but then when I arrive after a 7hr drive for my ported Fast92 install, they tell me they're all out and the only option they have is the BlueMaxx model) has either always had (because I didn't know to check) or has developed play in the cam.

If I grab the front of it, it will ever so slightly wiggle left and right, altering the TPS voltage by .02-.04V, which changes the TPS% reading 1-2% when closing the blade under random cruise and idle conditions. My tuner (Frost) says not having this always come back to 0% when the blade is closed will cause drivability problems.

Is this something that can be repaired, or do I need an entire new 4-bolt cable-driven TB? If I get a new one, I want one which has adjustable blade stops at both ends of travel, one which isn't a airflow hinderance, and is relatively easy to tune through mail order tuning. This is mated to a LS3 intake/motor.

Last edited by JimMueller; 07-28-2010 at 09:55 PM.